News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except there is nothing to compel them to step down. They can keep going on like this till their blue in the face, and there isn't really anything anyone can do to make them.

The Ford's have risen to where they are by embracing "modern politics" so to speak, they will tell you what the problem is, and then who is to blame for it, however, if the problem is ever solved then they would not have any manipulation mechanisms. In this instance their voter base becomes thinner and thinner until it evaporates completely.

Let's not forget Ford rode in on the Gravy Train as a result of the Miller administration. There is plenty of buffoonery to go around.

Yes, the Gravy Train, exactly what "efficiencies" or rather cuts did Ford push through that has saved Toronto "billions" of dollars?

Last edited:
I'm gonna repost this, from yesterday -

I'm gonna call it right now - Gawker will top up the amount that's needed to hit $200K minutes before the deadline hits in order to at least have a reasonably good chance of getting the tape out - they can stall for as long as is necessary until the drug dealer comes out of hiding. They have too much riding on it now to let $20K or $30K be the deciding factor between getting their brand tarnished, and being the heroes that got the video out into the open. Worst case scenario is that they take the $200K to a charity and are forever labelled Good Guy Gawker.
Since the money goes to gawker (assuming $200k is reached) gawker, unlike all the other donours, would not actually out of pocket until the video surfaced.

Gotta love Doug Ford's Global TV interview.

"If you're asking me if I smoked marijuana in high school absolutely."

"“I’m against drugs, I do not condone drugs. I don’t take aspirin. I’ve never touched any drugs."

"[no more] backroom deals... that have controlled this city" (Do the terms "Monorail" and "Ferris Wheel" ring any bells?)

"They want to say something about marijuana, that the government sells?"

"Everyone in the media... they've done drugs! I've heard a LOT of people in the media have done cocaine."

He then goes on to say that "Everyone knew about the Fords" - so, uh, if the fords were into the drugs, they'd know that, right?

As far as amalgamation goes, it has been clear to me for some time that it would inevitably result in mostly right-wing buffoons being elected Mayor by the suburbs. The only exceptions would be when the Mayor has made such a mess of City finances, and become such an embarrassment, that a non-right-winger is elected to clean up the mess left behind -- but once they have the City back to a healthy state, the suburbs will elect another buffoon and the cycle will begin again. De-amalgamation is the only viable long-term solution.

that's why we need Adam Vaughan to be the next mayor and push through De-Amalgamation while Wynne is in power.

Last edited:
Since the money goes to gawker (assuming $200k is reached) gawker, unlike all the other donours, would not actually out of pocket until the video surfaced.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here? Everyone that has donated has already willingly parted with their money - to either a charity or drug dealers. Whether or not Gawker hangs onto their $15K+ is irrelevant, no?

Doug Ford: from hash dealer to powerful municipal leader. Nice turnaround story. I know a few Bay Street types with similarly admirable career trajectories.

The rest of the Globe piece actually portrays the mayor as a born leader with a strong work ethic and a high level of determination to succeed. If that's the best they've got on the mayor I think he's in the clear.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here? Everyone that has donated has already willingly parted with their money - to either a charity or drug dealers. Whether or not Gawker hangs onto their $15K+ is irrelevant, no?

Let's say the target is reached......the crowd sourcing people take the cash from all donours and give it to gawker....so, unlike all the other donours, gawker would not be out of pocket until the money was disbursed (either to the video vendor or a charity).

Gotta love Doug Ford's Global TV interview.

"If you're asking me if I smoked marijuana in high school absolutely."

"“I’m against drugs, I do not condone drugs. I don’t take aspirin. I’ve never touched any drugs."

"[no more] backroom deals... that have controlled this city" (Do the terms "Monorail" and "Ferris Wheel" ring any bells?)

"They want to say something about marijuana, that the government sells?"

"Everyone in the media... they've done drugs! I've heard a LOT of people in the media have done cocaine."

He then goes on to say that "Everyone knew about the Fords" - so, uh, if the fords were into the drugs, they'd know that, right?

Just watched it. It's like he's throwing every excuse/attack at the wall and hoping something will stick.

And a link if possible. Can't believe I missed it.

Its on their home page: http://www.cp24.com/

I'm not sure de-amalgamation, without some sort of regional government, is the answer.

The failure of amalgamation was that there was no corresponding/ continuation of Metro into a larger regional government encompassing other regional municipalities...

Its on their home page: http://www.cp24.com/

I'm not sure de-amalgamation, without some sort of regional government, is the answer.

The failure of amalgamation was that there was no corresponding/ continuation of Metro into a larger regional government encompassing other regional municipalities...

Did you just say that the problem with amalgamation was that it did not go far enough?

Wait, what exactly are you trying to say? That the GTA should have had some kind of person higher than the mayor but lower than the premier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back