News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Toronto media needs to take some responsibility for this trainwreck as well this week. These Ford stories are being reported, and then in the rare instances where there's an opportunity to ask media shy Rob/Doug a couple of hard questions face to face, instead we get "So how are you and your family holding up?"

The Toronto media needs to take some responsibility for this trainwreck as well this week. These Ford stories are being reported, and then in the rare instances where there's an opportunity to ask media shy Rob/Doug a couple of hard questions face to face, instead we get "So how are you and your family holding up?"

Watch this interview and then try to re-assert that it's the media's fault for not asking. Bear in mind this is a typically Ford-Friendly journalist... Doug chooses to answer the questions he makes up in his head (and challenge the journalist and media in general about THEIR past) rather than directly answer what is asked of him.

Watch this interview and then try to re-assert that it's the media's fault for not asking. Bear in mind this is a typically Ford-Friendly journalist... Doug chooses to answer the questions he makes up in his head (and challenge the journalist and media in general about THEIR past) rather than directly answer what is asked of him.

Exactly. Has he said plainly "I've never sold hash" in any of these interviews? So far what I notice is that he jumps from topic to topic so that when he does actually utter a "no" you can't sure what it relates to. A tell if I ever saw one.

Well, the media still chooses to accept those answers he gives, rather than contesting his claims.

Presuming they aren't advised to cancel, CP24 will be carrying the the Bob & Doug show live at 1pm today, set your PVR's if your out.

Presuming they aren't advised to cancel, CP24 will be carrying the the Bob & Doug show live at 1pm today, set your PVR's if your out.

I usually check out the podcast, or the summery of IMHO should be called "The Circle-Jerk, with Bob & Doug Ford". :p

Last edited:
Sorry, I think I should clarify what I meant by allowing the media to take some of the blame. It is the interviewer's job to focus their questions and not let an interview drift otherwise we get three minute rants and anyone can hijack the airtime for their own purposes. Not to say this is an easy thing to do with the take-no-prisoners style of the Ford brothers, but it is the interviewer's responsibility to try and pull the focus back, even if the subject gets angry and eventually storms off.

Sorry, I think I should clarify what I meant by allowing the media to take some of the blame. It is the interviewer's job to focus their questions and not let an interview drift otherwise we get three minute rants and anyone can hijack the airtime for their own purposes. Not to say this is an easy thing to do with the take-no-prisoners style of the Ford brothers, but it is the interviewer's responsibility to try and pull the focus back, even if the subject gets angry and eventually storms off.

Agree. LeDrew was pitiful in yesterday's interview, letting Doug go on about BBQs and such forever.

A retired Metro Police drug official who worked the city in the 70's & 80's phoned in to the Bob & Doug show and claimed he never heard Doug Ford's name come up during his years. He stressed that he would was in a position to know. On the surface it seems like a strong rebuttal but then I wondered how a retired drug enforcement official could remember every name that came up over two decades of investigations as a possible drug dealer (Doug was never caught doing anything illegal) in the entire city (he claims he worked city-wide) only minutes after Doug stated that he couldn't remember people he went to school with 30 years earlier, who he presumes are some of these sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back