News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... one would think that stuff like political memorabilia be banned since this a non-partisan occasion, even Dougie said; it's a Ford Fester Folks!
Its not a polling station?
My roomie may go to check out, unaware that he's wearing the jacket with his Downtown Elite button.
Bunch of Trump supporters have started a change.org petition to make the GOP convention in Cleveland an "open carry" venue, even tho the facility specifies it is a gun-free zone. That's a 2nd Amendment violation, according to them.

Last edited:
Some of history's most popular politicos have been drunks, criminals and going back perhaps three lifetimes, slave owners and downright cads.
</rant>

My Great-Great-Uncle by marriage is Sir John A. McDonald, and that is just as meaningless. For I (or is it me), it's the quality of performing your duties, as in any job. As the Ford's love to say, "The past is the past"; I'm more interested in our Toronto right now and people hired to do their jobs. I don't believe is specialized treatment of people especially those who work for us. All this privileged, entitled horseshit has to stop.

<rant>

On top of our loss of dignity and self-respect, does anyone know how much this little shindig is costing Toronto taxpayers?

On top of our loss of dignity and self-respect, does anyone know how much this little shindig is costing Toronto taxpayers?

And in addition to this, how much will taxpayers waste on a byelection in Ward 2 because an ailing Rob Ford decided to run for re-election rather than address his health problems?

Doug and Diane Ford; Machiavelli they ain't.
It's still a damned if you do or don't situation no matter what, vigilance is the only prudent measure.

And in addition to this, how much will taxpayers waste on a byelection in Ward 2 because an ailing Rob Ford decided to run for re-election rather than address his health problems?
Well if Doug or Mikey decide to run, they should just skip the election and give them the position. Save some money.

Maybe Tory could just announce that Council will just appoint Doug to ward 2 seat and save another expense the City can't afford.

Maybe Tory could just announce that Council will just appoint Doug to ward 2 seat and save another expense the City can't afford.

I watched the process they followed to replace Holliday after he resigned to sit provincially. It was an appointment, and anyone could present themselves to Council, give a short speech outlining their qualifications, and answer questions from the councillors. Council then voted for the candidates in an elimination format.

It can look undemocratic, but it could it would be interesting politically to see Doug have to stand up and justify himself, demand an election, and justify the cost. Similarly with Mikey, who has not further qualifications than a high-school diploma, one year with the TDSB, and the vagina from which he emerged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back