News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Term limits won't change any of that - and it will be difficult to draft policies that would prevent someone in the family from running. Besides, even if you have term limits, it'd be just as easy to "anoint" someone else as the desired candidate.

Frankly, I don't see adoption of party politics as the solution either - you're basically trading one form of perversity with another.

AoD

Agreed - if anything term limits would make the situation worse. But I'll take a baby Holyday over a twenty-term Mammoliti if that's what it takes.

Frankly, I don't see adoption of party politics as the solution either - you're basically trading one form of perversity with another.

AoD
Or rather one family for another; I have a hard time sometimes understanding how Responsible Government got rid of the Family Compact but allowed us to have partisan governments as a solution.

York region businesswomens' night out is an odd thing for DoFo to be supporting...
upload_2016-4-27_12-39-8.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-27_12-39-8.png
    upload_2016-4-27_12-39-8.png
    414.7 KB · Views: 541
This is a tad sideways but TheRebel's hate for Nenshi has tipped their hat in being what they accused the "liberal media" of doing with Robbie (and Dougie).

PRICELESS!

Sorry this is off topic but I wonder if you can suggest any forum for our new P M as I watch with some interest and concern as it appears he is specializing in selfies, great slick platitudes and speeches but the practical side seems rather vague eg the refugee show vs reality etc. Is there a forum of knowledgeable people similar to this one on RF as I supect the media is probably controlled to an extend, to keep" looking good" no matter what. Other opinions and observations would be intersting to read.......any suggestions?

Regarding the" puppy" sure hope the humane society is more diligent than CPS. Poor old gran must have had a hard time looking after her problem daughter and the young children and her ailing husband who it sounds like was in care home so would not be able to help raise Robs children and now the poor dog to clean up after etc. I also am waiting to see some of that "care" for Renata and kids Doug announced at funeral.......assumably he will mostly be throwing money!

Curious also, has the bill been paid for the lying in state and what cost was the grand parade for fancy dress police and firemen etc.......or did they all volunteer?

Funny Strobel should say that, considering how long Harper was in power and he didn't call for term limits for him - and had nothing but hagiography at the end of his reign instead.

And be careful what you wish for re: term limits - an imperfectly drafted policy can easily lead to representation by the family musical chair - and you know whose family I am eluding to.

AoD

On a related note, I am now followed by both Strobel and Warmington...

Didn't Stephanie also say "great dad" (=) "lots of toys" in her Mayor of Heaven eulogy? One has to wonder about all these toys. Do they just get bored/frustrated with them and move on or were the kiddies just spoiled silly regardless? Poor Brownie - he's not a toy you can just get bored of or frustrated with. He'll still need to be fed, walked, pooped, peed, trained. That's not fun. That's like...work!:eek:
It was Dougie, Jr., in the Sun's front yard interview.

I guess to them, "great fatherhood" means coming home with Happy Meals (or maybe Subway sandwiches as per that "emergency" school jaunt?) every day, rathe than relying on boring (or in Renata's likely case, worse-than-boring) home cooking.
Give it a rest you two. I'm sure 80% of little kids would list "they buy me toys" as something they like about their parents.

Reactions: rbt
It was Dougie, Jr., in the Sun's front yard interview.
Ya got me - she actually said "He would buy us the best toys..."

Give it a rest you two. I'm sure 80% of little kids would list "they buy me toys" as something they like about their parents.

Maybe so, but I still feel a bit sorry for that dog. I think I said before, perhaps it's the (out of?) context of a 10 photo spread of Brownie the Morkie in Warmington's article but he looked like he was being hugged and squeezed and petted and petted and petted. And this on or around the same day a fresh wave of articles was published concerning dogs and hugging: In general, the hug is for the human and the dog may actually hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back