News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaaargh, Communists!!!!!!!! Does he know that they put a man in space!?

At some point, Mammoliti has to become a liability to the Ford executive, doesn't he? This is the man in charge of the child care, arena construction and homelessness task forces. NFL stadium rented out for childcare and use as a homeless shelter in the off-season all built by the private sector, anyone?

Last edited:
I think Mamoliti is a big closet case - he who protests so loudly hmmm. How many times have we witnessed his type come out ...

.... and there were people on this forum saying it was a crazy notion. How many death threats did David Miller receive? Lastman? Barbara Hall? I seriously can't remember any Mayor of Toronto receiving any credible death threats.

As much as I hate what Ford is doing to this city, I seriously hope that he's allowed to go through enough of his term so that those who voted for him will learn what they've chosen for Toronto. Ford will kill his own political career by continuing on the path he's on. If Ford were assassinated, it would bring sympathy to his cause and keep Toronto veered to the extreme right for at least another term (Mayor Doug Ford? Mayor Mammoliti? shivers...)

... of course, there's also that whole thing of compassion for another human and his family and all that stuff. :rolleyes:

Given George's ideas, I'm not surprised that ending the fluoridation of our drinking water is on the table for cuts. It's, of course, a Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Somehow, I can see Mammoliti more likely to be defeated next election than any of the Fords--thanks no doubt to his abortive mayoral-run antics as well as an actual Ford Nation opponent, his last mandate was only low 40s, a far cry from previous landslides and acclamations. Even constituents are finding him tiresome. (As far as the Fords go, they're more likely to die or be ousted midterm than defeated.)

Given George's ideas, I'm not surprised that ending the fluoridation of our drinking water is on the table for cuts. It's, of course, a Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Do I look all rancid and clotted? You look at me, Georgie. Eh? Look, eh? And I drink a lot of water, you know. I'm what you might call a water man, Georgie - that's what I am. And I can swear to you, my boy, swear to you, that there's nothing wrong with my bodily fluids. Not a thing, Georgie.

Last edited:
With the spotlight Toronto City politics is now getting, I'd be surprised if we didn't see far more behind-the-scenes organization and coordinated campaigns to unseat certain councillors in the 2014 election. It's going to be a war. Because, really, how hard could it be to knock out a person like Mammoliti, who doesn't live in his own ward, is one of councillor's biggest spenders, has flip-flopped multiple times on major issues and frequently says things so ridiculous that they make headlines?

At the same time though, I could see opposition councillors, especially suburban councillors such as Maria Augimeri facing a full force attack for not being part of Ford Nation. We know that Ford has been backing carpetbagger Gus Cusimano quite publicly especially for the byelection ruling. Mammoliti is bad, but I met Cusimano as I lived in that ward. I found him to be slimy and uninterested in local issues except trying to capitalize on the Sunrise Explosion.

I have trouble seeing downtown councillors meeting that same fate (Vaughan, Layton, Fletcher, McConnell, Wong-Tam, etc) but I do see that for several progressive councillors representing suburban wards. We even saw an effort against Joe Mihevc.

Though to be rid of some real morons like George (the name he went by as NDP MPP and local councillor before changing it post-amalgamation to Giorgio) would be awesome. Some new blood is needed especially in the burbs.

Last edited:
Ford accused of stacking public appointments -- Toronto Star

The civic appointments committee is sweeping clean some boards, including the one overseeing libraries, with all members denied a chance at reappointment. Mayor Rob Ford’s office has taken an unprecedented interest in the process, even — according to witnesses — handing council allies a list of the citizen applicants, marked up with notes, during the short-listing.

<snip>

“I think we have moved from a skills-based process to one based on patronage and political affiliations,†said Councillor Joe Mihevc, a former appointments committee member who recently visited a closed-door session of the current committee chaired by Councillor Frances Nunziata.

“Instead of getting the best and the brightest we’re going to get the ones who are politically connected, and that’s a tragedy.â€

<snip>

On July 18, a majority of committee members voted to kick out Councillor Janet Davis, who was visiting to observe the shortlist process. Davis won’t say why, because it was an in camera meeting.

But the Star has learned Davis was turfed after she vehemently complained about seeing a mayoral staffer distributing preferred-applicant lists to the mayor’s supporters. City staff confirm the mayor’s office has no official role in the selection process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back