9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
While all the attention is on Ford, Mammoliti is up to his own shenanigans.

Toronto councillor Giorgio Mammoliti is facing new allegations after CBC News learned he was involved in a $5,000-a-table fundraiser in Woodbridge last night.

According to the City of Toronto's conduct rules, councillors are forbidden from fundraising outside of election campaigns — so questions remain about the purpose of the fundraiser.

CBC News has obtained photos from the event at the Royalton Banquet Hall & Conference Centre, which was attended by several hundred people, including business people and city hall lobbyists.

An invitation to the fundraiser obtained by CBC News says Mammoliti needs the money to help him "keep up the good fight" at city hall on behalf of Mayor Rob Ford's administration.

The letter, sent out by the councillor’s son Michael Mammoliti, says cheques are to be made payable to the event’s organizer, Red Velvet Events Inc.

The letter goes on to say that any contributions “will not be in any way a conflict.”

“We have obtained legal (counsel) and opinion to help guide my father through this fundraising process and eliminate any possible conflicts or code of conduct issues.”

syn:

It's hilarious only if they aren't inconsequential - and I don't put anything to do with government or governance in that category.

AoD

I agree...but I still can't help but find their hypocrisy amusing.

Hopefully it leads to all of them being replaced in the next election.

The pace of contributions is picking back up with the dawn. Someone just gave $200. There's life in the Crackstarter yet!

Looks like firing Towhey did have an effect- this basically affirms the fact that video or no video, Ford has got a problem.

If I was writing a screenplay of Mayor Ford (a comedy?), I would have the Ford brothers try to get a hold of the video. Most likely they might know who was behind the smartphone camera, but he refuses to sell it to them because it might be considered as blackmail. In the screenplay, the brothers would dress up as ninjas and try to steal the video from the cameraman.

[video=youtube_share;FsI1mczRHKE]http://youtu.be/FsI1mczRHKE[/video]

Too bad this scandal is real life.

Looks like firing Towhey did have an effect- this basically affirms the fact that video or no video, Ford has got a problem.

Exactly.

As an aside, I have to say that Doug Holyday's habit of unending excuses/minimizing Ford's behaviour is exasperating. It appears like it's both out of friendship, but political at the same time. Since he's a very strong supporter of Ford's agenda.

Either he's become so desensitized from lurching from one crisis to another, and downplaying each instance, or he's quite clever (methinks he's a bit of both) How could he be 'surprised' by the number of reporters at city hall??? THIS IS A HUGE STORY DOUG, even though you don't want it to be.

So with the executive committee letter going out later today, does the mayor have the power to disband or dismiss the entire executive committee since he doesn't seem to have any intention of taking their advice?

tiffer24:

I think he needs council approval for anything like that, and he isn't in a position to get it even in the best of times. Besides, who is he going to replace them with?

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back