News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, the last Gawker update totally stunted it. Perhaps Gawker will throw in whatever remainder is required to get it over $200,000.

Between the Doug Holyday media appearance and a letter to Ford from the exec committee possibly appearing later today, that may ignite enough donations to get to $170,000 by the end of today but who knows. People are still funding it but most of the contributions seem to be around $5. I think people still want the video to come out but they're only willing to lose a few bucks on the risk of the deal falling apart.

I've reached the conclusion that the video absolutely has to come out. People are totally blind to circumstantial evidence so many are jumping to Ford's defense.

Amazing that some people are still defending Ford in online comments on various news outlets. Crazy stuff. Too crazy.

If the video doesn't come out, I think he ultimately skates right through this whole controversy.

^I agree that it's bizarre, but supporting Ford never made sense in the first place, so there's nothing particularly remarkable in their continued support.

And why would a mayor react to a video that never existed in the first place in said manner? To the point of arguing with and ultimately firing his Chief of Staff? Isn't it the slightest bit "odd", you think?

AoD

The Star's backup plan is that they're investigating a much bigger story. They're following leads that came from the video and that's what they wanted to break the story with, but Gawker got to it first. Still, in the court of public opinion, all this teasing about the video and then no video appearing will look like a total fabrication and Ford will easily spin it as being a conspiracy to screw him.

You seem to spread a lot of (unsubstantiated) rumors.

So with the executive committee letter going out later today, does the mayor have the power to disband or dismiss the entire executive committee since he doesn't seem to have any intention of taking their advice?

I hope that happens. People always love a good palace coup because of all the drama it would cause.

I absolutely disagree. He can't "skate through" it now. He's toast, except he hasn't realized it yet.
Agreed. The man-child needs to recognize that he's bottomed out. Towhey's the kind of nutbar who loves gutting this city too much to abandon ship unless the cause was truly lost. He'll surface as chief of staff to the Godfrey for Mayor campaign in a few months. Wonder what Godfrey's vices are (aside from feathering his own nest and luring other people into gambling)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back