News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the jokes about piles of shredded documents weren't so funny: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ephone_records_ordered_destroyed_sources.html
Emails and telephone records in Mayor Rob Ford’s office are in danger of disappearing, the Star has learned.
The electronic records, which may reveal knowledge of discussions of the video scandal, were ordered destroyed earlier Wednesday. Sources say the people who were told to delete the records are balking at the order.
One source the Star spoke to was alarmed at the potential loss of “evidence of attempts†to locate and retrieve a video of Ford smoking crack cocaine and making homophobic and racial slurs.
The records in question were held on the City Hall server and belonged to departed staff members Mark Towhey, George Christopolous and Isaac Ransom. Towhey was fired for telling the Mayor to seek addiction help; the other two resigned Monday after their communications advice was ignored.
The Star is trying to reach officials in the Mayor’s office to comment.
Officials in the information technology department at the City of Toronto are required to maintain the computers and ensure that information — which is all subject to freedom of information requests — is preserved.
The Star established earlier this week that discussions were held within Mayor Ford’s office regarding the possible whereabouts of the video. Logistics director David Price asked Towhey “hypothetically†what should Price do if he knew the location of the video. Towhey’s response was to tell Price to go to police. Towhey ultimately contacted police, gave a statement, and Price did the same.
Toronto Police have only said they “are monitoring†the video situation.

Emails and telephone records in Mayor Rob Ford’s office are in danger of disappearing, the Star has learned. The electronic records, which may reveal knowledge of discussions of the video scandal, were ordered destroyed earlier Wednesday. Sources say the people who were told to delete the records are balking at the order.

This story has to be false since the video to be covered up doesn't exist.

This has officially gotten out of Ford's control. Him and his staff are trying to cover their tracks but they're making things worse in their attempts. FOI requests are being made for those e-mails. I can't wait to read what they say.

It's so sad that the Star has to resort to making up more and more stories to keep this lie going now that they've been caught out on making up the whole story about the video. How long are they going to keep the story going? How many more lies will they make up to explain their lies from the day before? How man...pfft...lol...sorry, I just couldn't keep it up. This is awesome.

I thought it was hilarious that CN Tower said he would block/ignore anyone that called him a Ford supporter one day, and the next day said "until we see the tape, i will continue to support Ford and his agenda". He made good on his blocking threats and never once addressed the people that called him out when he played the victim card (calling people names, then saying he gets pushed into the corner because of his political views), so I'm pretty sure he's existing happily in his cone of silence where he's only exposed to people who handle him with kid gloves.

By themselves, Fordites are pretty funny. Heck, even if the phenomenon were confined to Toronto's mayoral politics, it might still be mildly entertaining. What is disturbing, however, is the trend of increasing pervasiveness of "epistemic closure" that was referenced a few pages back. Ever since I "joined" internet discussion fora about 8 years ago, I have wondered at the phenomenon of "people talking past each other", which is neither particularly new nor unique to internet fora, and is probably best represented on a large scale by the Democrats-versus-Republicans political war in the US.

It all makes me think that we are now into a post-democratic age. Democracy, to my mind, is supposed to be about informed voters making rational electoral choices. As others have noted, what we now have appears to be some kind of tribalism in which a growing segment of the population believes in a truth that is beyond empirical observation.

In my lifetime, I have voted for PC, Liberal and NDP candidates, and for both incumbents and neophytes at the municipal level. I have also seen how at least 2 of the parties I had voted for became corrupt while in office and I would be hesitant to vote for them again absent serious evidence that they had purged themselves of corruption. I am bothered by the fact that other people seem inclined not to base their own electoral decisions on evidence of malfeasance by their previously preferred candidates. On a broader scale, one must ask "What good is democracy if the electorate refuses to make rational decisions?"

It's so sad that the Star has to resort to making up more and more stories to keep this lie going now that they've been caught out on making up the whole story about the video. How long are they going to keep the story going? How many more lies will they make up to explain their lies from the day before? How man...pfft...lol...sorry, I just couldn't keep it up. This is awesome.

The hilarious thing about this, is that it precisely applies to Rob Ford. This is getting really, really bad.

Well, a simple example which obviously doesn't represent everyone. My parents, once upon a time got the sunday Sun delivered, but 20+ years ago switched over to the Star daily delivery because they were tired of the Sun (it was bad even back then, just not as bad as now). They cancelled the Star last year and switched to the G&M. They didn't like Ford either, but they were sick and tired of so much of it's focus being on Ford.

And yes, I do read SAL, but I treat her with the same contempt as the rest of the columnists at the Sun - and the Star as well. I call those sections the comics.........

To compare columnists from the Sun to columnists at the Star is ridiculous. The Sun is not a serious news organization, it's Fox News North. The Sun is all about twisting half truths to manipulate public opinion. I used to be a regular reader, years ago but at some point, I just couldn't put up with their Fox News tactics. They have ZERO credibility with me.

This has officially gotten out of Ford's control. Him and his staff are trying to cover their tracks but they're making things worse in their attempts. FOI requests are being made for those e-mails. I can't wait to read what they say.

Even I have to pile on at this point. Here's Rob Ford describing his mayoralty........just replace sales with mayor/mayorship.

[video=youtube;c1EyN9xTK94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1EyN9xTK94[/video]

Our friends at NMA World Edition have come out with another report!

[video=youtube;KZAhoFkTOXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZAhoFkTOXc[/video]

Shipping him off to Detroit is the best idea I've heard in a long, long time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back