News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
this made me giggle...

@jessehawken

You could say that Rob Ford has a monkey on his back. pic.twitter.com/iP4TJhaHjR

fordmonkey.jpg

https://twitter.com/jessehawken/status/369509376958029824

Attachments

• fordmonkey.jpg
    fordmonkey.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 465
It would certainly be an unlikely source to first hear about something like this - unless someone else picks it up, I'd say it's attention seeking. #TeensAccused #DrPhil

Is this based on fact, or conjecture? On the surface I'd say, he manages the box office... how does that put him in the position you describe? He's not the festival director or anything...

He deals with a lot of media people, this time of year especially.

Both the Star and Globe & Mail (maybe others) are following up on the obstruction of justice charges. I was told at the time I found out that it could take just a few days but as much as several weeks to get enough corroboration to go to press with the story. If they got their confirmation, we might be hearing about it in tomorrow's papers.

Then there's The Sun. Their FOI request has yielded multiple e-mails from Doug Ford's office containing the words "crack cocaine". The Mayor's office was slower in releasing such e-mails but you would think that Rob would be stupid enough to e-mail people about the video. He's certainly unaware of how City Hall works day to day so I wouldn't be surprised if he believes that his e-mail is confidential.

Oh, and "Mike". I'm staying up late it appears.

Last edited:
Is this a fact because you know him and his connections well, or are you merely thinking/assuming this?
Hawken has quite a few media folks following him on twitter. Metro's Matt Elliott, Edward Kennan from The Grid, Jamie Strashin from CBC, Ben Spurr from Now, Jackson Proskow from Global and Jonathan Goldsbie. It's not just random guy that posted something which is why I shared it because of the people that follow him.

Hawken has quite a few media folks following him on twitter. Metro's Matt Elliott, Edward Kennan from The Grid, Jamie Strashin from CBC, Ben Spurr from Now, Jackson Proskow from Global and Jonathan Goldsbie. It's not just random guy that posted something which is why I shared it because of the people that follow him.

And that's exactly what I was wondering. Thanks for clarifying. We've had enough dead ends in all of this that I can't be the only one who wants to raise the signal to noise ratio...

Last edited:
Is this a fact because you know him and his connections well, or are you merely thinking/assuming this?

Well, I've talked to him a couple of times, and I've seen him doing the hob-nobbing thing at TIFF. The guy does know lots of people in the media.

But mostly this falls into the "I want to believe" category.

The StarCom GTA News Tuesday, August 20, 2013
11:32 PM EDT

Mayor Rob Ford will have the chance to refute crack video allegations
The Ontario Press Council will be holding two hearings in September to determine whether stories alleging Ford smoked crack followed journalistic ethics.
Mayor Rob Ford has been invited to participate in a public hearing to address complaints over a high-profile crack cocaine video story in the Star.
Guess Ford and Doug will turn down the invitation.

Interesting in context of the previous @jessehawken tweet: "If they cancel LOW WINTER SUN does that mean we won't get to see scenes from next week's BREAKING BAD any more?"

Also of note is more people talking about systemic assault of women in Ford's circle.

Jeez. I've been reading some of this unfuckwithable.ca stuff. Is this guy a crackpot...because it seems like his stuff seems pretty spot on? I'm new to this seedy underworld of online, leaked info (also why I was unaware of this MetroMan fellow). I've only delved into a few pages of unfuckwithable's stuff, but what he's claiming of Fantino seems to match what I've thought about the greasy bastard for quite some time.

The unfuckwithable guy is a lunatic, he can never back up anything he says, constantly makes promises to blow everything wide open and convinently dissapears before he can. He's either an enourmous attention whore or has some sadly untreated mental health issues that need to be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back