News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the event the clip-on wasn't done purely for show and he wears them regularly, Ford has an out on this fashion faux pas: safety. I've dated my fair share of cops and military/security guys, and they preferred clip-ons as they could be removed instantly instead of being used as a choking weapon.

To this day, I ask any man wearing one if he used to work in that field. The response is a knowing smile.
Butchers too. In the old grocery days, ties were part of the uniform. Men in the meat dept wore either clip ons or bow ties.

In Ford's case, I'm going with fashion faux pas

I too was talking about the Taste of the Danforth episode. I've been referring to it as drunk driving since I saw the video and I will continue to refer to it as drunk driving. The most plausible explanation is that he was drinking before he arrived and drove himself there. That desperate screech of "I'm not driving, I'm not driving, I'm not driving," by a serial denier when he realizes people have recognized him is testament enough for me. We're not a court of law, do we really need for him to have been seen behind the wheel by an officer of the law and a breathalyzer administered to decide that it certainly looks like he was driving drunk? Look, he's the supposed leader of this city, and his response to any of these stories or incidents is to run from the media, not show up for work to avoid the questions, have his brother send up farfetched explanations while bullying accusers, and then when actually questioned avoid answering by saying "Anything else?" This is how he reassures the electorate when faced with really serious allegations and we should give him the benefit of the doubt because we weren't sitting in the Escalade beside him and can't actually know what really happened? Seems to be he's given too much benefit of the doubt, especially on this story. It's obvious that he drove there drunk, it's horrible for someone in his position to do so, especially that whacked, and especially given his political views of various modes of transportation, and still the media hedges on the story, allows him all his outs.

On the other two you're arguing word choice because maybe I tried to give a short sentence a bit of colour. Looks like he advised two enforcers (is that word usage also stretching the truth?) to go look for a tape he says publically doesn't exist. They weren't police following leads, they were a couple thugs obstructing justice. And he tried to see an inmate by concocting a story and abusing his official position. Sure he didn't throw a knot of bedsheets over the wall or tunnel under, but he was still trying to pull a fast one on prison guards. Again, I will remind you that he refuses to speak to any of these allegations, and instead cowers and runs from the media. Why should we then only refer to these incidents in the most banal known details, why should he be given any respect or latitude on these stories? I'm just an idiot wasting time on a dusty message board. At this point I think media should be screaming non-stop that the mayor drove intoxicated two weeks ago, that he hangs with criminals and that violence surrounds the crack story. Instead we get embellished puff pieces about a fishing trip and cartoon arm-wrestling matches for distraction.

More good publicity for Rob the Fraud

Is Crack a Performance-Enhancing Drug?

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/08/rob-ford-hulk-hogan-arm-wrestling-crack/68667/

CRACK SMOKING MAYOR ROB FORD ARM-WRESTLED HULK HOGAN AND WON

http://www.vice.com/read/rob-ford-arm-wrestled-hulk-hogan-and-won

Watch Toronto 'crack-smoking' mayor beat Hulk Hogan in arm wrestling match

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/watch_toronto_crack_smoking_mayor_3JpLaJKos4FCOyjGI2dxQN

Crack-scandal mayor of Toronto 'beats' Hulk Hogan in arm wrestling match

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ord-beats-Hulk-Hogan-arm-wrestling-match.html

Since both Robocop and the Justice League are coming to Toronto, I am becoming optimistic that Rob Ford would be unable to take them all down, especially given that Hulk Hogan is well past his prime.

many of you will be happy about this...

it's unfortunate that this forum is not as open-minded, mature, and accepting of differences as it appeared. i was really hoping we could coexist. actually, i was really looking forward to having intelligent brainstorms and debates, but the mean and uncompromising individuals on here have ruined that.

i am saddened that (who was keeping tally for me? 9?) people decided that a simple minor finger motion was too arduous to do for someone to feel welcome on this forum and to feel comfortable in how they express themselves (even though i was trying to compromise with you guys) but then had no qualms about giving all other members pages and pages of posts to scroll through that have nothing to do with the topic of this thread. at least by removing myself, i can spare other members from that nonsense.

i find it very odd that most of that same 9 would have read a long post from me if i had spent (let's say) half an hour paraphrasing parts of articles i hoped would be considered, instead of simply being allowed to do a cut and paste to express the same thing. in today's time starved world i really thought people would be more accepting of that. and to those that missed quality content due to not being able to get past an all lowercase style... i honestly feel for how much you must miss in life.

the fact that many of you decided that trying to attack or make fun of me was the way to handle this, is shameful. and i'm shocked that those posts seem to be welcome (i.e. i am disappointed by the moderation on here).

for those that were nice to me, thank you. it's just too bad there weren't more of you.

and to those that were the reason i started following this thread, thank you for providing me with a way to contact you outside of here. i'm happy that at least our conversations will be able to continue.

it's unfortunate that this forum is not as open-minded, mature, and accepting of differences as it appeared. i was really hoping we could coexist. actually, i was really looking forward to having intelligent brainstorms and debates, but the mean and uncompromising individuals on here have ruined that.

i am saddened that (who was keeping tally for me? 9?) people decided that a simple minor finger motion was too arduous to do for someone to feel welcome on this forum and to feel comfortable in how they express themselves (even though i was trying to compromise with you guys) but then had no qualms about giving all other members pages and pages of posts to scroll through that have nothing to do with the topic of this thread. at least by removing myself, i can spare other members from that nonsense.

i find it very odd that most of that same 9 would have read a long post from me if i had spent (let's say) half an hour paraphrasing parts of articles i hoped would be considered, instead of simply being allowed to do a cut and paste to express the same thing. in today's time starved world i really thought people would be more accepting of that. and to those that missed quality content due to not being able to get past an all lowercase style... i honestly feel for how much you must miss in life.

the fact that many of you decided that trying to attack or make fun of me was the way to handle this, is shameful. and i'm shocked that those posts seem to be welcome (i.e. i am disappointed by the moderation on here).

for those that were nice to me, thank you. it's just too bad there weren't more of you.

and to those that were the reason i started following this thread, thank you for providing me with a way to contact you outside of here. i'm happy that at least our conversations will be able to continue.

Thanks Dr. Phil

I'm someone who visits this thread many times in a day. Personally, I like a variety of posting styles But I also appreciate it when posters are concise, since I like to to read their viewpoint(s) or any news/links that they share, as easily and quickly as possible.

I think it's a shame that you get so defensive/take it so personally, when people give you useful advice about posting.

Last edited:

Oh, the drama.

WAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh I'm taking my ball and going home!

You refuse to understand or follow basic online forums etiquette (despite repeated attempts to explain it to you) and therefore make bad, spammy posts. You are not a victim. If you think this forum's response to your empty, meaningless "input" was harsh then you are even more hilariously ignorant of the internet than you at first appear. You need to spend a lot more time lurking, and maybe some time reflecting on the fact that not everyone is as in love with your own screen name as you seem to be.

For future reference, big dramatic "IM LEAVE CAUSE U R ALL MEANIES" posts also reflect very poorly on those making them, and are usually among the most commonly mocked type of online social faux-pas.

it's unfortunate that this forum is not as open-minded, mature, and accepting of differences as it appeared.
In most forums I frequent, you'd be banned pretty quickly. We were more than accommodating, the mods handled you with kid gloves, and users spoke up only when it got to be too much (I think it was after 200 posts... in just this thread). Considering all we tried to do, really, was help you improve... I'd say we were pretty mature. We accept differences in thought, differences in style, differences in all kinds of things. But what we needn't tolerate is boorish personalities who start off posting huge meaningless walls of text ten times a day and who think that "block me if you don't like me" is a reasonable way to respond to an entire, established community. If I recall correctly multiple people started off by saying "yeah, thanks, we appreciate you posting stuff but..."

i was really hoping we could coexist. actually, i was really looking forward to having intelligent brainstorms and debates
Yeah, that's what we were having before you arrived. Then you polarized the forum and, by virtue of your attitude of "block me if you don't like me" isolated yourself from everyone. Then you started trying to get people to respond to you, but by then they had followed your instructions and weren't listening.

but the ... uncompromising individuals on here have ruined that.
I'm pretty sure the irony is lost on you but... you couldn't be more correct.

The funny thing is, I can hardly remember seeing you respond meaningfully to anyone else's posts. thedeepend hit the nail on the head here.

Try the Toronto subreddit and see how they like you. Better yet, /r/robford

EDIT: I would say it's a testament to our tolerance and belief in your ability to learn that we didn't all just automatically hit the block/ignore button. As I've said many times, it's in all of our interest to bring new people into the community, and it's in no one's interest (especially yours) to just block you. But you just don't get it, do you?

Last edited:
passive-aggressive
adjective
of or denoting a type of behavior or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation, as in procrastinating, pouting, or misplacing important materials.

Just sayin'......

People have been more than kind to you about how best to fit in here. I don't post much. I read a lot. I cringed on your behalf. Yet you feel it best to attack rather than adhere. Pity.

sometimes people (like evvabeing?) are paid to derail things.

there could also be made a conspiracy theory, that rob ford is being paid to derail toronto...... :)

Mods:

Can you please change thread title to "Evvabeing's Toronto". I feel that it would be a much more appropriate title, given that evvabeing seems to be our favourite topic of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back