News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds of Rob Ford pulling a Budd Dwyer? I don't mean to be crass, but the way things are going.

You beat me to it. I was just about to post that

[Mod: The video posted is easy enough to find, but not really appropriate to post.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder when will the Ford Nation apologists would stop drinking Kool-Aid.
Sme never will. Just go spend some time on the comments section. Of any of the articles from today and you will be astounded at how people can keep defending him. For example, his drug and alcohol use are on his own time and while I don't like it, so long as he is saving me money, I'm ok with it. I didn't vote for him because of his personal life. And on and on. I truly despair about human intelligence at times.

guitarchitect:

Well, considering the subject, "good taste" is hardly appropriate - besides I really don't believe we should be sugarcoating it anyways. Do recall his comments about cyclists getting killed.

AoD

Not sure if you saw my comment after I edited it to clarify, but I stand by what I said. It's not really about sugarcoating it, anyways - I actually wish the guy would get better and stay out of office - but I still wouldn't wish for him to take his life and leave his kids without their father, his wife without her husband, his siblings without their brother, or his mother without her son (not to mention those that call him a friend).

Sme never will. Just go spend some time on the comments section. Of any of the articles from today and you will be astounded at how people can keep defending him. For example, his drug and alcohol use are on his own time and while I don't like it, so long as he is saving me money, I'm ok with it. I didn't vote for him because of his personal life. And on and on. I truly despair about human intelligence at times.
I wonder if the people that say things like this love Toronto. It seems they have a "fuck Toronto, it's all about me me me" mentality.

I am ashamed to be a human.

Like it or not....Gay Pride Week is a huge money maker for this city. It is one of the biggest Pride Celebrations on the planet. Next year is WORLD Pride... And Toronto was selected to host it. Remember not only Rob's lies about inhaling smoke on the video he claimed never existed....he also made homophobic and racist comments. He has not apologized to those communities....nor will he, probably. His lack of leadership has been evident when he chooses to get drunk at the cottage and kick shit in the face of the LBGYT community. What a colossal embarrassment for this city when World Pride happens here....we thought it was bad when Mel Lastman made his "natives cooking him in a pot" comments....just wait and see what the world press says next year! Kick this sorry excuse of a man to the curb...he is no value added for our city. Btw, since when do you get to OFFER contrition, rather than seek it? This dude is the definition of hubris. Sorry he doesn't get to tell us he's keeping his job....we decide if he's worthy of it. Also, would love to know how much of our tax money allowed him to sleep off his hangovers, since he's been on the warpath with city employees nodding off....never once saw compassion from this buffoon about whether any of those people may have had health issues (remember that poor subway attendant who died soon afterward). He should reap what he sowed. No leeway for this megalomaniac.

Last edited:
Am I crazy or did Warmington just say in passing that there is a video being passed around tonight that they have had a peek at?

No I heard him say the same thing. He said there is a "video floating out there that we have had a peek at". Don't know if he was being literal with those comments.

Tomorrow SUN

BYXE6l3CAAEjcvs.jpg:large

Last edited:
That's a horrible cover. The list of Sun writers is completely unnecessary. Like anyone is going to pick up a copy because Jenny Yuen wrote something.

I wonder when will the Ford Nation apologists would stop drinking Kool-Aid.

Yeah, Ford Nation people drink Kool-Aid. At the same time, there are many anti-Ford people who're eager to jump to wild conclusions and say vile things based on their hatred for the man. Personally, I think both sides can look pretty stupid at times. Whenever excessive anger or excessive devotion is involved, you're bound to get people who make everyone look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back