News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been curious as to why the Ford family is so set on political power ... maybe the questions re Deco have something to do with this?

Some people are simply addicted to power, and maybe that's the case with the Fords, although I think Rob doesn't have the same drive for it that Doug has.

But political power, especially in old-time Chicago-type politics (which the Fords seem to love) can of course bring other rewards. Is that their primary motivation?

The interview with Mama Ford when she told John Tory he could have his turn at mayor and then it would be Rob's turn was very telling. They think they can pick and choose who will be in charge where and when.

Something's been bugging me about the rehab issue. Hasn't Rob already been in rehab? There was at least one mysterious trip to Florida, maybe more? And Robyn Doolittle went down there explicitly to work the rehab issue, but didn't report what she found out (probably stuff in the upcoming book on that)?

If rehab has already been a factor in Rob's life---plus Kathy's life, let's not forget---then why the total resistance now on the part of the Fords? Is it because it would be public knowledge instead of a family secret?

Ding, ding, ding.

2008 revenues of CAD 9.9 million, gross profit of CAD 4.9 million. 3 million in total assets, relatively small potatoes but if it's well-run with steady clients, you can basically put a chimp in charge of the business and the rest is auto-pilot. Filing headquarters is in Illinois, *not* Ontario (likely for tax purposes).

That's pretty solid if accurate. Net income is likely around a million annually on top of the cozy salaries they are all pulling in.

Doug thought LeDrew was wrong to interview his mom and sister, although the sister called him as I recall. After Doug left, Oakley tells us we should stop piling on Ford, played the "have we no sense of decency" line. Problem was, he didn't apply it to Ford.

What bullshit (as usual). I would bet anything that Doug sent Mom and Sis to LeDrew. This morning, seeing that people were horrified by the interview, Doug is finally going for the hail Mary and urging Rob into rehab. The only surprise to me is that he's doing it relatively low key on 640. I would have expected a big, showy press conference and a tearful protestations of love for l'il bro.

Something's been bugging me about the rehab issue. Hasn't Rob already been in rehab? There was at least one mysterious trip to Florida, maybe more? And Robyn Doolittle went down there explicitly to work the rehab issue, but didn't report what she found out (probably stuff in the upcoming book on that)?

If rehab has already been a factor in Rob's life---plus Kathy's life, let's not forget---then why the total resistance now on the part of the Fords? Is it because it would be public knowledge instead of a family secret?

I wondered about that too -- unless when Rob took that trip to Florida it was to chill out at the family condo. That might be their version of rehab. (the time out in his room thing) Or they might have been willing to use an exclusive place for a week or so. I think Diane believes that's all it takes -- a week or so, and then you're right as rain. You know, Rob's little drinking problem gets out of hand now and then, but it's nothing they can't handle. The whole schtick about him being better to stay productive (snort!) and stay at work, if she truly believes that, speaks volumes -- it may well be that staying at work is a major contributing factor to his addictions.

I would have expected a big, showy press conference and a tearful protestations of love for l'il bro.

I'd say he knows the well is poisoned with the general public, and he's trying to shore up what remains of Ford Nation.

Interesting. To me, her demeanour was hard-as-nails, clawed-her-way-out-of-Nowheresville, therefore-insecure-about-her-status-must-keep-reasserting-it dragon lady.

I saw her that way too. You know you've got trouble when the federal Minister of Finance cares about you more than your own Mom.

What bullshit (as usual). I would bet anything that Doug sent Mom and Sis to LeDrew. This morning, seeing that people were horrified by the interview, Doug is finally going for the hail Mary and urging Rob into rehab. The only surprise to me is that he's doing it relatively low key on 640. I would have expected a big, showy press conference and a tearful protestations of love for l'il bro.

He never used the word rehab, he made it sound like Rob should sit on the beach and read or something.

Interesting. To me, her demeanour was hard-as-nails, clawed-her-way-out-of-Nowheresville, therefore-insecure-about-her-status-must-keep-reasserting-it dragon lady.

I agree. I know old Toronto money, and they would never have let their loose-canon spawn any where near public life. They'd also never be caught dead on CP24, airing their laundry. She screams new money to me.

Doug said yesterday's video was an isolated incident. WOW
He is going to kill his brother, "I'll take Rob now, the way he is, over ..........". WOW
Go away for a couple weeks, maybe some counselling....WOW
Just fucking WOW

He's just trying to keep up appearances in front of the media. I imagine the discussions taking place behind closed doors are probably quite different, and I doubt any of the Fords are as blasé about about Ford's problems as they appear to be in these interviews. Do you really think that Doug is using these bullshit lines when talking privately to Rob about his problems?

No, I expect there is a lot of screaming and yelling the way we've seen Rob behave in the past. Oh, to be a fly on the wall.

He's just trying to keep up appearances in front of the media. I imagine the discussions taking place behind closed doors are probably quite different, and I doubt any of the Fords are as blasé about about Ford's problems as they appear to be in these interviews. Do you really think that Doug is using these bullshit lines when talking privately to Rob about his problems?

The conversations probably involve Doug yelling at Rob, "you are screwing everything up for me".

Gross profit of $5m, take off 25% tax say, divide by five, enough to keep five families going. Probably some trust funds hanging around too. Plus salaries from Deco which are expensed.

The profit margin is crazy though. 50% gross profit? Something's going on there.

I believe Mama Ford also get's Doug Sr's MPP pension, as he served prior to the 1996 change in pension-to-RRSP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back