News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there does need to be a letter writing campaign to the parade organizers that a family event shouldn't have a crack cocaine using, prone to violent ranting Mayor in its midst
Would you CC: the Gay Pride people exhorting them to deny participation of said Mayor in their parade for the same reason?

I think there does need to be a letter writing campaign to the parade organizers that a family event shouldn't have a crack cocaine using, prone to violent ranting Mayor in its midst

I agree. Mostly. Something has to prevent the travesty of Ford participating in the SCP.

The alternatives are:

a) a boycott of the parade. Literally *dozens* would stay away in droves. (And even though my kids are kinda 'meh' about it, it's still a highlight/seasonal marker.So said boycott would likely be a fizzle.) or,

b) some sort of stony silent /back-turning response as the candy-tossin' Chief Flibberty-jibbet ambles past. (The instinctual. very rude response has no place at such an event.)

A letter campaign, however, may move nooo-body, as it's unlikely any of the civic action-eers on the committee have the fortitude to deny a sitting mayor, no matter how loathsome, pride of place.

If b) could be enjoined and promulgated on SM, it might be a strong statement and even pre-empt the vast craptasticness that is Ford marching in a children's event.

I just can't get over this guy flip-flopping on the SCP. If I was embattled I would want there to be a "non-story" around such an event. Why does the family insist on sending this guy out? I hope some kid points at him (while the cameras are rolling) and calls him a "crack-head" - so maybe it starts to sink in. He could win this if he stayed out of it for a while. This zero-sum approach does nothing for anyone - but him and the family...

Would you CC: the Gay Pride people exhorting them to deny participation of said Mayor in their parade for the same reason?

Actually, a big elephant in the room right now is that World Pride is coming in the summer and the mayor has only taken the most baby steps towards acknowledging or participating in the local Pride events. Maybe everyone is just assuming/hoping he won't be mayor by then but I suspect the Pride people will only be too happy to not-include him and that will just be a huge PR stain on the city (as if recent weeks weren't sufficient).

Chow will win. She will get almost all the Asian vote, she'll easily get the left and downtown vote while Stintz, Ford and possibly Tory will split the right. :

http://www.threehundredeight.com/2013/11/ford-now-that-i-have-your-attention.html?spref=tw

that is certainly what all polls currently say. this man will NOT be reelected. everyone has abandoned him - his narcissistic personality will eventually come to its senses. if not, he will get arrested by the smell of what we are hearing.....

Lark

It was a pretty good piece on CNN. They interviewed George Smitherman!
And went up to Jane and Finch to show the Somalian community.

The only thing I did not like on CNN was that they made it seem like Ford will get re-elected easily. This makes us all look like retards. What is the sum of our IQ if we vote this guy back in. The dumbing down of society is upon us.

The only thing I did not like on CNN was that they made it seem like Ford will get re-elected easily. This makes us all look like retards. What is the sum of our IQ if we vote this guy back in. The dumbing down of society is upon us.

I read today that James Carville suggested Obama try crack to increase his approval rating. WTF

pattycakes, that is ridiculous. I think we need to take a serious look at the collective IQ in Toronto. What is wrong with people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back