News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
@evva, RE the Jan Wong story - I know she is not exactly universally loved but, WOW, that is some chilling stuff.

Amazing to think of all the people who have either borne witness to or been on the receiving end of his appalling behaviour. When will, or why won't, more of them speak up? In the name of decency?

A friend of mine tipped me off to this free event, so I grabbed a couple of tickets! Anyone else going?

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/toronto...=email&utm_source=eb_email&utm_term=eventname

Meet the journalists responsible for the biggest story to ever come out of Toronto City Hall. Hear how they did it and what’s next. This will be a lively panel discussion followed by a Q&A.

Date: Thursday, November 28th

Time: 5:30 to 6:30 pm

Place: St. Andrews Conference Centre, 150 King Street West, 16th Floor, Toronto, ON

Participants:
Michael Cooke: Editor, Toronto Star
Robyn Doolittle: City Hall Reporter, Toronto Star
Andrew Coyne: Columnist, National Post
Greg McArthur: National Reporter, Globe and Mail
Moderated by Ben Peterson: CEO, Newsan

Watch the Rob Ford re-election campaign video

[video=youtube;XpHiIv1vEyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpHiIv1vEyA[/video]
Here is the BlogTO article.

RoFo's Can't Stop election fake campaign video is a parody of Kathleen Wynne's running ad.

Last edited:
CP24 just reported that the proposed tax increase will cost about $60 something, so goodbye VRT savings, Ford Nation. Guess that subway won't be paid for by private investors after all. And oh yeah, how much of your provincial and federal taxes are going to pay for it?

A friend of mine tipped me off to this free event, so I grabbed a couple of tickets! Anyone else going?

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/toronto...=email&utm_source=eb_email&utm_term=eventname

Someone should ask why Ford's statements aren't being directly refuted as they're made- as of now, newspapers publish what he says and follow up with a rebuttal later. Of course by then, the lies have already had time to take root, so Ford's able to use them to control the messaging.

CP24 just reported that the proposed tax increase will cost about $60 something, so goodbye VRT savings, Ford Nation. Guess that subway won't be paid for by private investors after all. And oh yeah, how much of your provincial and federal taxes are going to pay for it?

Silly tax-and-spend/SPEND NATION/etc. Ford was saving us money until he was undemocratically removed.

[video=youtube;XpHiIv1vEyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpHiIv1vEyA[/video]
Here is the BlogTO article.

RoFo's Can't Stop election fake campaign video is a parody of Kathleen Wynne's running ad.

I wondered how they did that - I doubt they'd also get OPP closure of Forks of Credit Road to film that. Props for getting the exact locations right.

I am sure there would be a plethora of ideas coming from UT!

Rob Ford is NOT Awesome: $1000 in cash to help get rid of him!
http://awesometo.org/2013/11/24/rob-ford-is-not-awesome-1000-in-cash-to-help-get-rid-of-him/

For the past 3 years, the Toronto Awesome Foundation has been dedicated to supporting people and ideas that actively make our city a more awesome place to live, work and play together. Unfortunately, as you are well aware, our mayor Rob Ford is doing his very best to tell the world the very opposite. He is a direct threat to our city’s inherent Awesomeness, and he must go. As a result, the Toronto Awesome Foundation is looking to support creative, engaging, and subversively awesome ideas that help contribute to the movement to get this fantastic mess out of office. So if you have an idea aimed at this same goal and you need help making it happen, we might just have $1000 in a paper bag for you to get it rolling – no strings attached!

Our next pitch event will be on December 10th and our submission deadline will be December 1st. Simply fill out the online submission form detailing your idea, and we promise to consider it carefully.

We are looking forward to the arrival of your ideas as eagerly as Rob Ford’s departure.

Yours,

The Toronto Awesome Foundation

Doug Ford once said that his brother is a social liberal (and are Obama supporters) and Rob Ford said in the crack cocaine video that he was supposed to be right-wing.

Rob Ford is not a real conservative, as he would spend so much money on subways to nowhere.

Same reason as how there are many "conservative" Family Guy fans, despite the fact that Seth MacFarlane votes for Obama, is an atheist, and is a thorn on the side of moral guardians.

Not to mention many "conservative" fans of the Eagles, even though Don Henley etc are classic Hollywood Liberals...

Rob Ford has an extremely real chance to win the next election and I would not even flinch if he won handily.

All the more to work harder towards ensuring that doesn't happen. What Ford is doing to the concept of responsible, fiscally-conservative government is equivalent to what happened to Progressive Conservatism during the 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back