News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that TPS haven't included every detail. Remember that this is only the ITO for Lisi's pot bust - not the extortion charge and not for any forthcoming charges against Lisi or Ford. So we might learn more about this and other incidents.

Your back alley meeting theory is certainly plausible and may explain why TPS was only interested in footage from Dollarama and not BMO.

Blackballed, I think you're right, TPS has limited the information in the ITO for Lisi's pot bust. After reading the ITO, I wondered why the cops didn't intercept one of the envelopes/bags that Ford and Lisi were exchanging, but maybe they did, and haven't included that information. They did mention going through someone's car, I can't remember who, so maybe they do know what's in the envelopes.

Blackballed, I think you're right, TPS has limited the information in the ITO for Lisi's pot bust. After reading the ITO, I wondered why the cops didn't intercept one of the envelopes/bags that Ford and Lisi were exchanging, but maybe they did, and haven't included that information. They did mention going through someone's car, I can't remember who, so maybe they do know what's in the envelopes.

They went through Lisi's car, actually removed things from it as per the ITO. If Lisi noticed, he didn't do anything about it. Gotta wonder why that is. If things were missing from my car (especially if it was drug paraphernalia) I would probably act a little pissed, or concerned at the very least.

Weird that Ford and Lisi were at the plaza at the same time but apparently didn't meet up. I wonder if they went out a back and met in a back hallway behind the stores?
It is possible that they just happened to be at the same place at the same time and didn't know it. It does happen.

Also, regarding Goldstein's article, here is what he said about it on twitter:
For those over-reacting to my Sunday column, it's not an endorsement of Ford. I've written numerous times he should resign. Still say that. The column was about those who overstate Ford's wrongdoing playing into Ford's hands. Different issue.

It is possible that they just happened to be at the same place at the same time and didn't know it. It does happen.

Also, regarding Goldstein's article, here is what he said about it on twitter:
For those over-reacting to my Sunday column, it's not an endorsement of Ford. I've written numerous times he should resign. Still say that. The column was about those who overstate Ford's wrongdoing playing into Ford's hands. Different issue.

It is possible that Lisi and Ford just happened to be at the same place at the same time. From what I read, Royal York Plaza is a very popular destination for those under police surveillance. However, as someone who has actually read the ITO - specifically the parts about the 26 other occasions Ford met with Lisi, almost always in parking lots - I consider this possibility to be remote.

(Aside: July 2nd was one of the days when, as far as I can tell, FORD HIMSELF was the target of police surveillance - not Lisi - because they followed him from City Hall).

As for Goldstein, whatever else might be said of him, he's not Warmington. This is meant to damn him with faint praise because what he's engaged in is a clear case of false equivalence. Yes, the OLP government has made some horrible decisions and it is actually possible to be upset about those as well as the Ford. But to pretend that what the provincial government has done (ie. policy failures/bad decisions) is even on the same planet as the ongoing Ford clusterf**k requires a special kind of willful blindness. I would expect a member of the media to be particularly aware of this because, last time I checked, Kathleen Wynne doesn't limit her exposure to questions from the media to a weekly appearance with fawning shock jocks in DC.

Corn niblet teeth.

Quite a shocking depiction of Ford's "gross little corn niblet teeth" (James_D).

Corn niblet teeth.jpg

Attachments

• Corn niblet teeth.jpg
    Corn niblet teeth.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 742
His teeth are the same tint of piss yellow as his hair - perhaps his first ever attempt at colour coordination. Well done, Robbie!

His teeth are the same tint of piss yellow as his hair - perhaps his first ever attempt at colour coordination. Well done, Robbie!

That picture must has been photo-shopped by the maggots at the Toronto Star who are out to get him.

Sincerely,
Ford Nation

Martin Short has some choice words about Ford.

Toronto through the eyes of Martin Short

Posted by Natalia Manzocco / January 19, 2014

Toronto hasn't been Short's home base for a long time - the Hamilton native moved to California in the mid-'80s, and he's quick to point out he's around only a handful of days each year - but his roots in the city still remain. He's set to return on Feb. 8 as the headlining act for Laugh Out Loud, a charity gala benefit for the Trillium Health Partners Foundation.

We hear that when you're touring your solo show, you ask the mayor of whatever town you're in to make an appearance. Do you see a Jiminy Glick-Rob Ford showdown in the future?

No, I think Rob Ford is really not very good for Toronto. I don't find the Rob Ford thing as funny as some. I find it makes Toronto look silly to have a mayor like that. A mayor is the ambassador to the city. And so I always feel a little bit, y'know, like I wish he'd had resigned, dealt with his personal issues, and if he wants to run again, fine. But him sitting there and being entrenched in his position doesn't make him a fan of Toronto, it makes him a fan of himself. And the constant support for him makes the city look silly internationally.

Last edited:
Martin Short has some choice words about Ford.

Toronto through the eyes of Martin Short

Posted by Natalia Manzocco / January 19, 2014

Toronto hasn't been Short's home base for a long time - the Hamilton native moved to California in the mid-'80s, and he's quick to point out he's around only a handful of days each year - but his roots in the city still remain. He's set to return on Feb. 8 as the headlining act for Laugh Out Loud, a charity gala benefit for the Trillium Health Partners Foundation.

We hear that when you're touring your solo show, you ask the mayor of whatever town you're in to make an appearance. Do you see a Jiminy Glick-Rob Ford showdown in the future?

No, I think Rob Ford is really not very good for Toronto. I don't find the Rob Ford thing as funny as some. I find it makes Toronto look silly to have a mayor like that. A mayor is the ambassador to the city. And so I always feel a little bit, y'know, like I wish he'd had resigned, dealt with his personal issues, and if he wants to run again, fine. But him sitting there and being entrenched in his position doesn't make him a fan of Toronto, it makes him a fan of himself. And the constant support for him makes the city look silly internationally.

Maybe Martin Short could ask council's representative, Norm Kelly, instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back