News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Ford is supposed to show up at a benefit this evening, (Dero Foundation?). Let's see if he did indeed have his own pre party.

"I win" doesn't sound like the outcome of having someone else beat up a guy though. I think when you ask someone to beat up a guy you don't think of it as a contest -- you pick someone you expect to deliver the beating, not get beaten up himself. The "if I win" seems more likely to refer to something like a council vote, the election, or a lawsuit.

It's not that I think the Hulk Hogan defense is plausible -- just that I don't see "If I win" referring to the beating itself. And I am not sure that even a former Bosco player would accept a donation to his old football team as payment for a jailhouse beating, although they are clearly a very altruistic bunch. :rolleyes:

Ford himself wanted to fight (give me ten minutes), therefore "If I win, I`ll donate." It seems the hit has already been put out on MacIntyre, most likely for a payment (hence Payman reassuring him that these guys are pros) but if he was to do the act himself he would donate to the Eagles.

From Goldsbie in Now: "From this, most have inferred that Ford's lawyer was referring to his arm-wrestling match with Hulk Hogan in August 2013. But that was a publicity stunt for Fan Expo, not a charity event. In the video, Ford does say "If I win, I will fucking donate…" but he is not known to have ever been involved in a proposed charity fight of any kind."
He was with Payman in the video (assistant coach at Don Bosco) and allegedly the eventual beating was carried out by Aedon Petros (former Bosco player). Maybe Ford was going to donate more money and or equipment to Don Bosco, as he had done in the past.

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=197187

"None of the other parties have yet filed statements of defence. According to both court records and Ford's statement, Petros does not yet have a lawyer representing him."

What's the deadline to file a statement of defence? Why would they not file one? Collaborating with police?

"None of the other parties have yet filed statements of defence. According to both court records and Ford's statement, Petros does not yet have a lawyer representing him."

What's the deadline to file a statement of defence? Why would they not file one? Collaborating with police?

Not sure. When is the case conference scheduled? It`s usually strategic, however, to file your defense at the last possible moment, giving the other side less time to prepare. Interesting that Petros does not have a lawyer.

20 days to file a defense, but it's commonplace to be grated a waiver of defense from plaintiff counsel, which is basically an agreement to not file for a default judgement. For sure the Ministry is conducting their own investigation which requires time. It's to the plaintiff's benefit to allow for this as it reduces overall costs, and may result in a negotiated settlement prior to any actual litigation. I don't imagine it'll be easy for Petros to find a lawyer though, but he's not the big fish and has no pockets, let alone the deep pockets of Ford/Deco or the Ministry. I can almost guarantee the Ministry will end up paying something, it'll be interesting to see if Ford does too. That may require actual litigation and a trial, depending on what evidence they can produce and what Ford and the other defendants say at discovery.

I think you've got 20 days after the lawsuit is filed.

Ford himself wanted to fight (give me ten minutes), therefore "If I win, I`ll donate." It seems the hit has already been put out on MacIntyre, most likely for a payment (hence Payman reassuring him that these guys are pros) but if he was to do the act himself he would donate to the Eagles.

I like the pros angle, but regarding the winning aspect I just went back and rewatched the murder rant video to refresh my memory and ?Payman? refers to winning the by-election first. Then a bit later Ford says the "if I win" piece. I have a hard time understanding why Ford would place any conditions on donating to his beloved high school football team -- why would he have to win anything, be it fight or by-election?

I love this! if you were to actually get some made, I would buy one!! :)

Fantastic idea adma and Marc Lostracco! These should be made.

15WindsorDr (2).jpg

Attachments

• 15WindsorDr (2).jpg
    15WindsorDr (2).jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 451
Many of you are parsing this murder rant video/Hulk Hogan defense waaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much. You are going line by line and word by word and trying to make each line fit and mean something and not conflict with a single other thing. These lines were uttered by someone out of his mind on coke!!!! Even sober, normal people sometimes ramble, make factual errors, contradict themselves or misspeak, let alone a high-as-a-kite Rob Ford.

I'm sure the video isn't McIntyre's only evidence. He wasn't in the room when it was filmed and he's just guessing at the video's meaning (unless someone who was in the room subsequently met with him and told him the video's meaning -- which in itself would be much bigger evidence than the content of the video, if such a meeting actually happened).

@JailbreakMatrix 52m
Haha my bro is at the same steakhouse as Toronto mayor Rob Ford, maybe he'll get some video
BjX_OGMIAAEkUnB.jpg

@andrewpinheiro9 26m
Just saw Rob Ford downtown, and of course he was right outside the night clubs

Many of you are parsing this murder rant video/Hulk Hogan defense waaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much. You are going line by line and word by word and trying to make each line fit and mean something and not conflict with a single other thing. These lines were uttered by someone out of his mind on coke!!!! Even sober, normal people sometimes ramble, make factual errors, contradict themselves or misspeak, let alone a high-as-a-kite Rob Ford.

I'm sure the video isn't McIntyre's only evidence. He wasn't in the room when it was filmed and he's just guessing at the video's meaning (unless someone who was in the room subsequently met with him and told him the video's meaning -- which in itself would be much bigger evidence than the content of the video, if such a meeting actually happened).

McIntyre's best evidence is the judge who stated in court that his beating was no doubt linked with his ties to the Ford family.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2013/11/20131107-211311.html

Using Sun News because, well, if even they have to report on it...

Many of you are parsing this murder rant video/Hulk Hogan defense waaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much. You are going line by line and word by word and trying to make each line fit and mean something and not conflict with a single other thing. These lines were uttered by someone out of his mind on coke!!!! Even sober, normal people sometimes ramble, make factual errors, contradict themselves or misspeak, let alone a high-as-a-kite Rob Ford..

Someone once mentioned that this 'murderous rant' video was taken between Oct. 2012 and March 2013.
Arm wrestling Hulk Hogan happened in July 2013.

I have never seen anyone fried on crack before.
Seeing the Mayor of Toronto buzzing out on crack was quite unique.

Learned about 'birds' and Randy Ford carrying a 'purse' in the crack fueled rant.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/07/mayor_rob_ford_caught_in_video_rant.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back