News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reponse to that could be 'Well, maybe we should all think about WHY that and so many other matters that involve you seem to be, or will be, before the courts'.

Seriously. Just "Why are you friends with Sandro Lisi? Why did you write him a reference letter on city letterhead? Since you say he worked on your campaign, why does Doug say he doesn't know him? If you haven't done anything wrong, explain your behaviour."

As many have noted, Rob does not operate with any functioning logic.

He knows he said "Yes" when asked (by DMW) if he has purchased illegal drugs.
He knows purchasing illegal drugs is illegal.
Yet he can say "I'm not a criminal" and he seems, in the moment, to believe it.

And the last time a mayor won an election with only 1/3 was Nathan Phillips in the 1950s.

Things were different then. Mayor Phillips was not a mega-city mayor. He said, "If you wanted to get things done, you had to keep in right with ( Metro Chairman ) Gardiner."

Mayor Phillips believed that Metro was "milking the Toronto taxpayer" to the advantage of the suburbs.

There has always been a city versus suburbs ( the former boroughs ) in Metro. It wasn't until the Metro era ended with the election of Mel Lastman that all 240 square miles had the same mayor. Nathan Phillips was only one of six mayors,

and they all had to "keep in right" with the Metro Chairman.

To add, Forest Hill and Swansea were not yet part of the City of Toronto then.

Last edited:
If you have so compromised yourself through your personal behaviour and associations that you can't openly answer questions either to media or to the police, is it appropriate for you to continue as Mayor, to stand for reelection as Mayor? Most politicians, caught up in lesser scandals, would have stepped aside.

Seriously. Just "Why are you friends with Sandro Lisi? Why did you write him a reference letter on city letterhead? Since you say he worked on your campaign, why does Doug say he doesn't know him? If you haven't done anything wrong, explain your behaviour."

Sandro Lisi is a convicted drug dealer. You have issues with drug addiction. Is Sandro Lisi your personal drug dealer?

I don't know what to make of Ford's amazing ability to stay on message and make up more lies. In a weird way, it's admirable. I'm not even sure he knows he's lying, seriously.

Based on the accumulated interviews we've heard, I think we have to conclude it's just harder to get to him than any of us actually imagine. One way of looking at it might be that the truth and a sense of self are so utterly foreign to him that he is almost literally incapable of getting down to that level. For a normal person it would like the subconcious, the way reality is to him, so it's a lot of layers to get through. I'm not excusing the behaviour of anyone in that first debate but it really is like he's been programmed like a doll with 6 responses. You can ask whatever questions you want, there is no 7th answer to get.

There was something about how Ford resorted to one of his rote responses (I think it was '$1 billion') about a minute into the interview that suggested to me that he really doesn't care what the question is, he'll just find a way to utter the same half-dozen things obsessively, almost autistically, without any inflection, à la Rain Man but without the computational brilliance; all 'Wapner' and no card-counting. An idiot savant, hold the savant.

The reponse to that could be 'Well, maybe we should all think about WHY that and so many other matters that involve you seem to be, or will be, before the courts'.

"The police have spent a billion dollars following me and they've come up with, what, an empty bottle of vodka? It's an absolute travesty."

As many have noted, Rob does not operate with any functioning logic.

He knows he said "Yes" when asked (by DMW) if he has purchased illegal drugs.
He knows purchasing illegal drugs is illegal.
Yet he can say "I'm not a criminal" and he seems, in the moment, to believe it.

He believes that unless you are charged, criminal acts do not make you a criminal. That's how Rob's world works, it's really easy to understand his thinking if you remember young children and how they think.:rolleyes:

Here's Daniel Dale's analysis of the CFO's briefing note, by the way - I know snippets were being posted yesterday but I found it useful to have it all in one place.

Key takeaways for me, and points that I want to see Ford challenged on over and over and over:

Not to mention the "efficiencies" that include highlights such as draws from reserve funds, deferring capital projects

I found Ford's insistence on the term 'efficiencies' ('These are called efficiencies' ...) during the CBC interview condescending and fundamentally disingenuous. It seemed like he was saying 'Yeah, I promised no cuts. But when I cut stuff I don't like, those are efficiencies. Same thing when I make up the difference from reserves, cancel things or generally just shuffle money around'.

Debate questions for Rob:
"Are you addicted to OxyContin?"
"Why did you call Justin Trudeau a faggot?"
"As you noticed at Don Bosco, there's always a risk that youth will fall into gangs, What advice would you have for a young man like Anthony Smith, who was in a gang and hanging out with the mayor when he smokes crack?"

In that light, imagine what the kids of Ford Nation would be like--maybe that's what they can identify with here; the Fords are "not perfect", just like their own dysfunctional brats...

Something like 'My kids want for nothing and that's all that matters. I treat them as I see fit. Their behaviour is none of your business'?

Apologies if someone else already caught this.

Tweet from @MetroMan posted 16 hours ago in response to question about the alleged 'heinous' activity he's hinted at from his sources:
"Not awkward. Just a terrible terrible charge if true. I'm staying out of this 1"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back