News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He restated that the charges are a phone call away. It sounds like the police are at the point where nothing else needs to happen on their end to arrest him. They are ready to go (home/office/deco search warrant and arrest?) at the drop of a hat. Other people/outside forces are holding it up.

Edit: To clarify, he is still saying an arrest is for sure. I think he is annoyed because he truly thought the arrest was happening last week, based on what he knew from TPS. They are ready to go. It didn't happen so there was a backlash on twitter and here doubting him. He's letting today's info out to explain to those people why he used word imminent. That seemed to get people's knickers in a knot, when going on the info had it was reasonable to say. Maybe MM can speak to that himself here?

It still sounds like it is going to be soon soon soon!

I still don't understand why TPS sources would want this info leaked. (I believe TPS insiders are behind MMs info).

the AG was just recently appointed as the previous Minister shuffled off to another portfolio. obviously this will be one of the first briefing notes the Minister has to go over. i think, however, Crim has some autonomy from the MO in their daily operations; whether that is institutional or even legislative i'm not sure, so i don't know how much the MO will lean on them in terms of directing their actions. i don't know if the politics of it all weigh as much as the onerous workload of getting a major guns&gangs investigation involving a powerful rich man in shape for a trial.

There are also secondary considerations. This story will kick off an enormous international media storm. Police AG and others will have to be prepared for questions on the case, what they reveal in the presser, and other tertiary concerns. IF there is anything to this "imminent" crap.

Or, the case could be a dud.
View attachment 24207

Last edited:
Perhaps the TPS wants it leaked because they're ittitated that the Crown's office is taking so bloody long, and hope that leaks will hurry things up.

Or, just as much, as I've long questioned...is Deco in worse shape than it looks? Or at least, would it collapse like a souffle without said "underworld connection" or whatever?

Seems like Doug Jr. inherited Doug Sr.'s knack for "creative boosting", y'know, for projecting the notion that we're solid, solid, solid, folks, and *we* did it, and *we're* still doing it (i.e. factoring out Deco's co-founder), bla bla, yak yak, bla bla. Yet, if the way the Rob campaign's been handled by Doug is any indication, the bozo-isms over corrupted website, "bubbleheads", etc--how can *these* goofs competently run a company like Deco, other than on vestigial fumes plus a little boosterish smoke and mirrors? I mean, I just can't help getting a whiff of that Eaton/Bronfman-esque next-generational squandering in process here--so, don't be surprised *at all* if Deco's among the most spectacular dominos to fall here...

That's what has been bugging me all along. A lot has been made of Doug and how successful was his reign at Deco. Seeing him in action for the past few years, I just can't see it.

I admit I'm a bit stymied, trying to guess who these other dominoes might be.
I find it hard to imagine the Liberal-controlled AG office is the problem here. We heard, way back when this whole thing started (in several forums) that there were bigger pieces involved. (Didn't even Ford tell Towhey or someone that he was just a little part of it?) I doubt, say, Jim Flaherty was getting coke from Ford but I'm assuming it's something along those lines. I find it hard to believe either he or Deluce are involved. Nor (though I kind of wish it) do I suspect this lands on Harper at all. I'm guessing it's more Bay Street types and backroom politicos....which would perhaps cross the Ford/Wynne political line, when it comes to the AG. I watch a lot of TV and movies and, yeah, I've seen The Wire, but I still find it hard to believe anyone has the political juice to get the police to hold off on this much longer.

Whatever. I think this is a matter of days, weeks at most. Will the Leafs win before Ford gets charged? That, I don't know. I don't think MM is just spinning junk. I think certain people are trying to make sure their asses are covered and the "dominoes" are doing what they can to be outside the blast zone when it detonates. What that all means...we'll find out soon enough, I guess. I don't believe it's a train that can be stopped at this point

.........There is enough going on at the Provincial level that to have s*** to hit the fan at the municipal level would cause too many reverberations in financial circles elsewhere...The Ford's themselves have got nothing to do with the "protection"....

I doubt it. Forcing RoFo to resign would not have any impact on the financial markets. If it did at all it would have been a positive one.

I don't think the delay is related to the Fords per se. Don't forget the rumors about who else has gotten caught up in this - politicians, judges, and Lord knows who else. Assuming that's the case, the AG's office has a lot of decisions to make about who else to charge, and how to protect those who have gotten caught up but against whom there is insufficient evidence to lay charges.

This makes more sense than the protection racket theory that the Fords are supposedly enjoying. And what a shitshow it will be if true. I am keeping my eyes peeled for this.

I don't think the delay is related to the Fords per se. Don't forget the rumors about who else has gotten caught up in this - politicians, judges, and Lord knows who else. Assuming that's the case, the AG's office has a lot of decisions to make about who else to charge, and how to protect those who have gotten caught up but against whom there is insufficient evidence to lay charges.

Could also be that more than one person will be charged and that takes co-ordination? Just guessing.

This makes more sense than the protection racket theory that the Fords are supposedly enjoying. And what a shitshow it will be if true. I am keeping my eyes peeled for this.

Someone on twitter mentioned the Taverner connection. He's been covering for the Fords for a long time, guess he'll be retiring shortly. With a full pension.

I've mentioned before that he was my coach. I used to find it odd that he'd often be doubled over, hands on knees spitting up. Looking back that could've been related to substance abuse.

I remember you, I think. i was at HIlltop during some of those years. Sadly, I was too young (and totally naiive) to have any connection to this beyond the Drifters being the scary boys at the plaza.

I suspect the politics holding things up are within the Attorney Generals office. That is an extremely political place, and as has been pointed out many times, they are the ones to make the final call before charges are laid. I suspect the police have turned over what they have, and there are struggles within the AG's office about how to proceed.

If we're talking about politics in the Ministry of the Attorney General and the current provincial government, I would have thought pulling the trigger on charges would take the heat off of the gas plants story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back