News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal involvement in local politics through direct action and civil disobedience.
As simple as sitting at city hall, holding up a ‘Doug, that's not true’ sign or creating your own Ford Nation fridge magnets.

This is how we can get our voices heard and our difficult questions asked.

FWIW, I have a "Ford No More" sign up in my window, using one of the posters put up by thereverend in this forum. (I had a tough time choosing between that one and the "Worst Mayor Ever" poster.)

It brings me great joy every time I see it there.

Do you recall the part of the City council debate dealing with Matlow's motion to delay the vote on the Scarborough subway extension? Doug stated that tens of thousands of people in Scarborough had spoken to him to say that they want subways. Matlow replied, tongue in cheek, that is his case he had spoken to hundreds of thousands - no, millions - of people. Doug's priceless 'come back' was: "Well, if you're going to be sarcastic...".

Ya, that was hysterical.

It's classic Tory splitting of the finest of hairs. He'll leave the addiction part out, but consider it fair game to go after Ford's hanging out with criminals. The end result? The distinction gets lost in translation, and no one really knows where he stands. Hello Mr. Dithers!

Moreover, as everyone is pointing out, Ford's "personal issues" aren't really personal - they have absolutely impacted his work. Whether meeting with Lisi during normal work hours, or failing to show up sober (or at all) to major city events, there's no way to pretend his so-called personal issues are happening on personal time. His work record is affected, and that should be fair game.

Well, one thing I CAN agree with Tory on: The hanging out with gangbangers is worse than the drugs, IMO. It fatally compromises the office and all its relations vis-a-vis police, neuters any meaningful dialogue on dealing with issues of crime and demonstrates (again) low character. That's enough to run the clod out on a rail. But the "3 a.m. phone call" scenario, as others have pointed out, removes this well away from the 'personal' to the category of fitness for office. If Tory won't acknowledge that - whether he knows shit's gonna go down or not - is merely pandering to the apparently coveted mouth-breathing vote and demonstrates his own unfitness for office. High hopes, *sigh*, dashed.

As for those faux signs: Clever-ish and well-produced as they might be, the fear is that they affirm a 'one-to-beat' scenario. Despite their apparent 'virality' (Kudos for that, BTW) they might do more harm than good.

I second this. We had his "imminent" arrest hopes dashed, but I'm still clinging to hope this may happen "early this week"...is this still a reasonable hope?

A bit of a lurker here, but more active on Twitter - so upset when MM flew out. I think I know how Rob Ford feels between pipes.

People I know have been getting annoyed with Metro Man leaking details so I should probably chill with that. My contacts thought cops' Nguyen announcement today might segue into something Ford related but no go.

Fair enough. Just promise us that if you ever get the "cops have decided not to lay charges" scoop, you'll break it to us gently.

People I know have been getting annoyed with Metro Man leaking details so I should probably chill with that. My contacts thought cops' Nguyen announcement today might segue into something Ford related but no go.

I wonder if they might be waiting for the new OPP commissioner to take the helm (Vince Hawkes was welcomed today)

I wonder if they might be waiting for the new OPP commissioner to take the helm (Vince Hawkes was welcomed today)

*no actual insider info disclaimer*

My gut is still with post Billy Bishop / Porter Expansion Council meeting... now with a qualifier for getting Hawkes up to speed. Still strong on Wednesday.

*/no actual insider info disclaimer*

*no actual insider info disclaimer*

My gut is still with post Billy Bishop / Porter Expansion Council meeting... now with a qualifier for getting Hawkes up to speed. Still strong on Wednesday.

*/no actual insider info disclaimer*

Wednesday would make a tie in the pool. Bob But Not Doug and Jado.

Better to have a clear winner.

Would be ironic though, being Jack Webb's birthday.

Dum - - - de - DUM - DUM

Last edited:
Wednesday would make a tie in the pool. Bob But Not Doug and Jado.

Better to have a clear winner.

Jello fight for the painting? ;^)

Hey did we ever get a word one way or the other regarding prints of the prize, btw? 'cause I for one would be all "fry_take-my-money.jpg" for a print...

That big-spender Kelly--he can't forage in the dumpster behind city hall for staff meals like everyone else?

reporterdonpeat 8:54pm via Web
Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly's taxpayer-funded office expenses includes $500 dinner for his staff at Dynasty Chinese Cuisine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back