News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does his every fuck up have to get international attention? Sigh.
http://abcnews.go.com/International...ating-olympians-23165211#.Uzx8yegl22M.twitter

Rob Ford Votes 'No' on Congratulating Olympians
TORONTO April 2, 2014 (AP)
By ROB GILLIES Associated Press
Associated Press

What could be controversial about the city of Toronto congratulating Canada's Olympic and Paralympic athletes?

Ask Rob Ford. The Toronto mayor turned an apparent no-brainer into a head-scratcher Wednesday when he cast the sole "no" vote on a City Council motion to offer the athletes kudos. Minutes earlier, he also became the only council member to vote against a proposal to name a Toronto street after the late Nelson Mandela.

Ford later asked for a re-vote on both motions but was denied. His chief of staff, Dan Jacobs, later said the mayor voted in error.

Ford is seeking re-election despite a record of scandalous and perplexing behavior. After he acknowledged last year that he had smoked crack, the City Council voted to strip Ford of most of his mayoral powers.

I'm actually amazed Ford's vote hiccups don't happen more often.

If you have ever sat in the gallery during a council meeting, Ford is usually leaning back in his chair staring at the ceiling, looking like a disinterested child who was forced to sit through a poetry reading. The only reason he leans into his desk is to push the "no" button.

Ford in a secret cabal with the Crown attorneys? Sure - he got to know them when he was a member of Skull & Bones at Yale. Sometimes, when Ford disappears, he is meeting Hitler at the South Pole in a Nazi submarine. The ice storm? Rob & Adolf put that together with a Mayan weather machine buried deep under the ice of New Swabia so that the ailing Ford administration could get some good publicity. "Let sleeping dogs lie" from the 'marc rosen' comment doesn't refer to a literal dog, but the Doges of Venice, who have been awakened from their unholy sleep and are secretly still alive and controlling us via the UN with their Bohemian Grove meetings.
mfw
cat_its_beautiful.jpg

Attachments

• cat_its_beautiful.jpg
    cat_its_beautiful.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 737
Oh, the reason I said "uh oh" at Jimmi T's update earlier is that if the OPP doesn't like what the TPS did, the investigation could drag on for several more months or even be shelved.

I think you are overinterpreted the original message from Jimmy T. He said they were not happy with part of the investigation. Did I miss another post where he said he thought it was getting shelved?

I think you are overinterpreted the original message from Jimmy T. He said they were not happy with part of the investigation. Did I miss another post where he said he thought it was getting shelved?
I don't think so, Dubster tends towards pessimism. My guess is that it will just take a bit longer with the new commissioner just coming on board this week. Probably smaller issues that will need to be ironed out. I hope, soon!

For people who don't want to see all the images in this thread, I just figured out there is a way to block them without blocking the poster. Go to the top, click on Settings, then on the left side of the page click on General Settings and scroll down to Thread Display Options and uncheck the "Show Images" box.

I really dislike Denzil Minnan-Wong, he always was a Ford stooge, he proves it once again saying they should allow Rub to change his vote.

When this happened, one of the reporters clarified on twitter that DMW wanted Ford to be able to vote again so that the decision could be unanimous. As it stands (with Rob being the only vote against it) it would become all about him. Which, since it's now made international news, turned out to be correct. I suppose that's the place where DMW was coming from. Which isn't to say he isn't also a Ford stooge on many occasions.

I'm actually amazed Ford's vote hiccups don't happen more often.

If you have ever sat in the gallery during a council meeting, Ford is usually leaning back in his chair staring at the ceiling, looking like a disinterested child who was forced to sit through a poetry reading. The only reason he leans into his desk is to push the "no" button.

This wasn't a "hiccup", this was in essence a FUCK YOU ALL to the rest of council, which is his typical response when he doesn't get his way.

I would bet dollars to donuts he got a hasty text from his brother saying "Are you fucking insane, change your vote you fucking goof".

When this happened, one of the reporters clarified on twitter that DMW wanted Ford to be able to vote again so that the decision could be unanimous. As it stands (with Rob being the only vote against it) it would become all about him. Which, since it's now made international news, turned out to be correct. I suppose that's the place where DMW was coming from. Which isn't to say he isn't also a Ford stooge on many occasions.
And, as a delightful reminder, a stooge to fake Doug Ford twitter accounts.
I like to think of DMW as the Tony Clement of Toronto.

Last edited:
I don't think so, Dubster tends towards pessimism. My guess is that it will just take a bit longer with the new commissioner just coming on board this week. Probably smaller issues that will need to be ironed out. I hope, soon!

I feel the same way.

For people who don't want to see all the images in this thread, I just figured out there is a way to block them without blocking the poster. Go to the top, click on Settings, then on the left side of the page click on General Settings and scroll down to Thread Display Options and uncheck the "Show Images" box.

Thanks, EagleEye! Very helpful.

[video=youtube;edyeW6_I-ko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edyeW6_I-ko[/video]

This is from 2012, where Ford called Vaughan negotiating to get a better deal from the OMB a 'shakedown'.
At 27 min Gord Perks stands up and wonders if council had hit bottom yet because the cheif magistrate (Ford) knew absolutely nothing about what he was talking and yet felt comfortable in accusing a fellow councillor of corruption....
I just thought it was a bit sad....that no one knew at that time that future corruption and criminality was coming.

Man, calm down. You're not "Lord of the Thread". especially with only 400 odd posts.
I'm not the boss of anything. Neither are you...post count boi.

All too often this thread descends into ego. Very few people see beyond the last post they responded to. We have criminals "running" the city while Bay street laughs. For all of our anger it's just a sideshow to the circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back