News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but since it was brought up on this board more than once, I wanted to point out that it's unlikely, for technical and practical reasons.

I mean, it's ridiculously easy. Stick a small recording device near the earpiece while talking, even on non-speaker mode, and you can record any conversation untraceably. You could use a phone, a portable voice recorder, or a friggin yak bak.

Thing is, I don't think Lisi ever thought about "extortion," the crime. He was just doing what you do - being tough. Taking care of bizness. Protecting his meal ticket, Rob Ford. And I don't think Ford would've mentally processed it as "extortion" either. In his mind, he was the only person wronged, and he wanted to get control of the situation. SUBWAYYYYYSSSS! So even if Lisi had the know-how to record that mysterious 40 second call, I doubt he would've.

Ford won't win the election, he'll be lucky to get 10% of the vote. Once again the Torontoist's David Hains has done a recap of the latest Ford Nation video:

http://torontoist.com/2014/04/the-rob-and-doug-ford-web-show-recap-fan-fiction-edition/

Again, don't count him out just yet. Treating Ford as a lost cause is an easy way to be shocked and disappointed in case he comes roaring back. In order to win, you need to continue treating him as a constant threat.

Jimmi T once told us here he'd heard the cops found "good stuff" on the phone. I guess good was not enough.

Yeah, but my understanding [based on my hopefully-accurate memory of reading publicly available stuff/no inside knowledge] is that this "good stuff" was [mostly] about other people, i.e. not Ford but some other run-of-the-mill criminal fish who had the misfortune to get involved in a whale-hunting expedition.

Yeah, but my understanding [based on my hopefully-accurate memory of reading publicly available stuff/no inside knowledge] is that this "good stuff" was [mostly] about other people, i.e. not Ford but some other run-of-the-mill criminal fish who had the misfortune to get involved in a whale-hunting expedition.

Ah! Well there you go.

Thanks. As much as I believe he will win the election, he sure looks (even) stupider than normal saying "I didn't do anything wrong". Like really? Crack ain't wrong? What a fantastic role model for children. Just an amazing display of a piece of shit human being.
No one will be surprised or saddened when the obese-addict lifestyle catches up to him alone in a shabby hotel meeting his timely death.

As the Grand on Jarvis is allegedly Ford's favourite hangout when he needs to get blitzed on booze and/or crack in a place that isn't his home or 15 Windsor Road (or a TCHC building or...) and as different levels of police are a hot topic right now, just thought I'd point out that the Grand used to be the Toronto-area HQ for the RCMP.

Obviously this is just a fun/meaningless coincindence, but I figured we could all use a chuckle right now. After all: just think what work might have gone on in the past in the very space subsequently used by Crack Mayor to do his thing.

The roof of the Grand actually has a pretty decent view of downtown at night, and there's a huge hot-tub & bar, too. Glad I didn't see Ford when I was up there.

...and no, I don't think he will win the election. I certainly did think he would win back in 2010, at least I came to that awful conclusion during the last several weeks prior to the election, but he won't get back in.

Last edited:
Clayton Ruby, who's a bit of a blowhard sometimes, makes an interesting case here that the TPS were either deliberately avoiding finding drug evidence against Ford, or incompetent. I have no idea if he's right about this "samples" business, but he seems convinced. Pretty damning if accurate, but I don't know:

http://nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=197396

Why does CP24 (and I guess CTV, by extension) keep opening their Ford coverage by saying he's not likely to face any charges? No one has officially said that, ever. If they have people behind the scenes saying that, they need to let people know who that is. They sure as Hell don't go announcing every time some source says it's likely Ford WILL be charged.

Of course, you're right. Those criminal masterminds inhabiting the towers in NW Toronto have a such a thorough understanding of how the system works they would think that through. However, as you seem intimately acquainted with their thought processes and experiences, I shall defer to your vast expertise. Good day, sir/madame.

Go hang out in a court house. The "criminal masterminds" you speak of are young men and women who have been involved in the youth justice system and then the criminal justice system for years. They have experience with police, lawyers, judges, and probation officers. They know their rights pretty thoroughly. I can tell you that because I get to work with these people every day.

The privileged middle class who never gets pulled over because of the colour of their face, never gets stopped and searched for no reason, and spends all their time debating this kind of nonsense on a discussion board, they tend to be the ignorant morons when it comes to how these things work. But then their day to day lives don't really depend on having an understanding of these things.

Dopey theories don't really improve by simply reasserting them. This was one of the dumbest suggestions I've seen on this thread, and the bar has been set pretty high for dumb here.

One could of course put an iPhone on hands free and then use a second smartphone to record the call using a voice memo app. (Not that I am advocating such a thing!) But no one seems to suggest that Lisi had more than one smartphone; and, again, the ITO does not suggest that the TPS thought they would find any home-made wiretaps.

Wasn't Lisi know to use a burner/disposable phone? What if he had the iPhone as his main phone and used the voice memo function on it to record calls made with a second phone in handsfree mode? That way he'd have a record of the conversation but the phone used to make it would eventually be gone.

The problem with this scenario is that, AFAIK, it isn't a simple matter to directly record calls on an iPhone, unless it is jailbroken (which I highly doubt), because apps are prevented by the OS from recording phone calls. I think Apple put this restriction in for legal reasons. (e.g. In some US states, only one party needs to know that a call is being recorded. In other states, both parties need to know.)

If it isn't jailbroken, I think you would have to use an app that will
- Either: use VOIP and route the call through someone else's servers or require you to add their phone number on a 3-way conference call so they can record the audio
- Possibly cost additional money
- Notify both parties that the call is being recorded (this would probably be the biggest dealbreaker for Lisi's purposes)

Even apps for directly recording calls on a jailbroken iPhone will likely notify both parties, for the same legal reasons.
Most iOS VoIP clients support automatic call recording, and you can toggle the notification beeps off for those in a one-party consent jurisdiction. I use Acrobit's Groundwire app, and it's very handy. It also supports multiple sip accounts so that my iPhone has multiple phone numbers associated with it: personal line, business no 1, business no 2, etc.

Most iOS VoIP clients support automatic call recording, and you can toggle the notification beeps off for those in a one-party consent jurisdiction. I use Acrobit's Groundwire app, and it's very handy. It also supports multiple sip accounts so that my iPhone has multiple phone numbers associated with it: personal line, business no 1, business no 2, etc.

Cool. I've never tried VoIP on an iPhone, so I wasn't sure about all the details. I kinda doubt Lisi would've/could've went to the trouble to set up VoIP so he could record all his calls, though. We're talking about a guy who used iCloud to sync all the (supposedly) incriminating evidence on his phone.

Why does CP24 (and I guess CTV, by extension) keep opening their Ford coverage by saying he's not likely to face any charges? No one has officially said that, ever. If they have people behind the scenes saying that, they need to let people know who that is. They sure as Hell don't go announcing every time some source says it's likely Ford WILL be charged.

Because he won't be charged with anything.

When I was in a dispute with someone I installed an app that recorded all of my calls.
Lisi has been around the block a few times, he knew that getting that video back would be like winning the lottery. He also knew that if he was caught, he would still need something to hold over Rob. This guy is a sleaze of the first order, and I have no doubt he recorded anything and everything he could. Rob is his gravy train, and he knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back