News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not fun to many of the readers and posters here to have to constantly scroll past stupid pictures with captions that really aren't funny, to see off-topic discussions and lengthy in jokes go on for page after page. And now, we see crude jokes about Mrs Ford in a thread that is supposed to be a discussion about Mayor Ford's Toronto.

[rant]It's worse than trolling, to me. It's disrepectful of one's fellow UT members. It's selfish. It's self-obssessed behaviour. Some of the people are new and some are long time members who seem to feel that filling the page obsessively with post after post is more important than having any relevant content. The number of posts one has written is no indication of the quality of that poster's contribution.

Even when "stuff starts to happen" these posts continue blithely on, interrupting the flow of discussion and information. The thread has really deteriorated and moderation seems to have been abandoned. More than a dozen members have posted concerns in recent days yet these stupid frat boy comments, photos, memes and video clips keep on comin'.

Grow up. Some of you (and I don't mean the trolls) sound just like the idiots that support Ford. You're demonstrating -- whenever you're bored -- crudeness, juvenile and disruptive comments, and a disregard of the thread's topic and the attempts of others to stay on topic in respectful and collegial discussion.

And I don't want to hear any retort that I don't have the right to criticize when I'be only got 40+ posts. That's the whole point. Mine are all relevant to the forum topic. I don't just post the first thing that pops into my head and say "look at me! look at me!" [/rant]

Please stop.

pRz5tEZ.gif

Lighten up. It's a thread about a crack-smoking booze-drinking criminal and criminally fat mayor who flips off little girls. We're serious when there's serious stuff. If you don't want to "scroll past images" then disable images or view the thread in print-friendly mode.

I disagree with the Renata image just like I disagree with people hunting down those "potential prostitutes" and whatever else. But complaining about people joking around, come on. We're not the cops and until October we can't vote him out, what do you expect us to do, solve this problem by being ultra-serious 100% of the time?

@MetroManTO 7s
There's a possibility that the warrant to search Ford's property is being executed tonight. Working to confirm.

Is that what "drunk in the park" becomes when you put it through the MM filter?

Edit: I tease, I tease...I'm a MM fan 4 life.

@MetroManTO 7s
There's a possibility that the warrant to search Ford's property is being executed tonight. Working to confirm.
Dude needs to give it up. He must have missed the post that Ford's house was dark. I doubt the TPS is executing a search warrant with the lights off.

They're probably just responding to a call Ford made about someone skulking around his backyard or something.

Marc Coward ‏@YYZMarc 8m
@goldsbie Are you hearing anything about cop cars on Edenbridge?

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 6m
@YYZMarc Yes. And that (as far as our own interests are concerned) it's a false alarm.

It's not fun to many of the readers and posters here to have to constantly scroll past stupid pictures with captions that really aren't funny, to see off-topic discussions and lengthy in jokes go on for page after page. And now, we see crude jokes about Mrs Ford in a thread that is supposed to be a discussion about Mayor Ford's Toronto.

[rant]It's worse than trolling, to me. It's disrepectful of one's fellow UT members. It's selfish. It's self-obssessed behaviour. Some of the people are new and some are long time members who seem to feel that filling the page obsessively with post after post is more important than having any relevant content. The number of posts one has written is no indication of the quality of that poster's contribution.

Even when "stuff starts to happen" these posts continue blithely on, interrupting the flow of discussion and information. The thread has really deteriorated and moderation seems to have been abandoned. More than a dozen members have posted concerns in recent days yet these stupid frat boy comments, photos, memes and video clips keep on comin'.

Grow up. Some of you (and I don't mean the trolls) sound just like the idiots that support Ford. You're demonstrating -- whenever you're bored -- crudeness, juvenile and disruptive comments, and a disregard of the thread's topic and the attempts of others to stay on topic in respectful and collegial discussion.

And I don't want to hear any retort that I don't have the right to criticize when I'be only got 40+ posts. That's the whole point. Mine are all relevant to the forum topic. I don't just post the first thing that pops into my head and say "look at me! look at me!" [/rant]

Please stop.

tldr Mr. Forty Five Posts.

You're gnat going to be a party killer beecause we won't let ya

Seriously though, some humour is probably needed now. The past few weeks have been a bummer for those of us missing out on our opportunity to win that painting in the pool.

Is that what "drunk in the park" becomes when you put it through the MM filter?

Edit: I tease, I tease...I'm a MM fan 4 life.

Well apparently it's a false alarm. Once again MM wet his pants for nothing.

Please stop.

Complete agreement.
The off topic bickering, in-jokes, one-upsmanship and stupid memes all threaten to de-rail what was once an adult, intelligent and informative forum.
It's become near impossible to keep up with the latest developments and interesting viewpoints when you have to scroll through 40 posts of nonsense.
If it's off topic and not on point maybe keep it to PM's and/or other threads?

I don't get why he goes from 0 to 60 so quickly. If he just waited a few minutes and spoke to some "sources" (assuming he actually has any) he wouldn't embarrass himself so often.

Well, whether he likes it or not, he's learning the ropes of journalism as he goes along. Don't publish without two independent sources, don't speculate, try for a neutral POV and so on. It's always the same thing when citizen journalists (which I encourage) start up. Hard knocks etc.

tldr Mr. Forty Five Posts.

You're gnat going to be a party killer beecause we won't let ya

Seriously though, some humour is probably needed now. The past few weeks have been a bummer for those of us missing out on our opportunity to win that painting in the pool.

Sure, some humour is good.
But some people are too gross, crude, and sexist, with seemingly no social skills.
There are all kinds of people who read and post in this thread. This is not 4chan or reddit.
People should post as if their grandmother/father was going to read it.....some of us might actually be grandparents.
Being inclusive and sensitive to others could be what defines us as the antithesis to Ford. So, while inclusivity may require that some do not post crude musings about alcoholism and bodily functions etc., it will also allow many other people feel like they have a place at the table.

Sure, some humour is good.
But some people are too gross, crude, and sexist, with seemingly no social skills.
There are all kinds of people who read and post in this thread. This is not 4chan or reddit.
People should post as if their grandmother/father was going to read it.....some of us might actually be grandparents.
Being inclusive and sensitive to others could be what defines us as the antithesis to Ford. So, while inclusivity may require that some do not post crude musings about alcoholism and bodily functions etc., it will also allow many other people feel like they have a place at the table.

*like*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back