News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is amazing! The TPB movie needs to capitalize on this opportunity and enter Jim Lahey as a candidate for Toronto Mayor. It'll cost them $100 and get them a "Sh!t-load" (to quote mr. Lahey) of publicity...

That would be hysterical, except "Mr. Lahey" lives in Nova Scotia.

"Lucy" is really distancing herself from Tarasco's involvement with Ford. She's making it very clear on social media that it's a Sam thing, not a TPB thing.

For all intensive porpoises, the Fords are acting like non-incumbents who happen to use a big room in City Hall as their campaign office.

hE65380C0

<3
(sorry for pic spam; I just had to.)

As eurler mentioned, it was a mix. A few in uniform, many more not.

I don't know which precinct or service they were from. It's been a while. I just remember lots.

I also remember they were treated and paid differently from "regular" security.

For what it is worth to the Paid Duty discussion, "No police officers will attend a paid duty event in plainclothes. Should exceptional circumstances require a police officer to attend a paid duty event in plainclothes, such paid duties must be approved by the Chief of Police, or his designate."
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/paidduty/tps_784.pdf

That would be hysterical, except "Mr. Lahey" lives in Nova Scotia.

"Lucy" is really distancing herself from Tarasco's involvement with Ford. She's making it very clear on social media that it's a Sam thing, not a TPB thing.

So it would cost them another few grand to rent "Mr. Lahey" an apartment in Toronto... Ideally I'd like to see Lahey to run on my earlier stated "hyperbole" platform as more Ford than Ford...

I've secretly fantasized about running for mayor on a "Hyperbole" platform as a "better" version of Ford for ford nation just to point out how ridiculous his claims are.

Stuff like:

- Folks, Rob's only saved you a billion dollars... I'll save you a TRILLION!
- and screw subways, and screw traffic gridlock. With me as your mayor, you'll all get helicopters to fly you to and fro. It's all about helicopters folks, Helicopters, helicopters, helicopters!
- I've spoken to the private sector, and they're just chomping at the bit to pay for your helicopters.
- While I'm at it you're all gettin' cranes too. The sky will be filled with cranes and helicopters!
- I have a proven track record of delivering on all of my promises, and those of others!
- I'll clean up the mess that Rob's left at City Hall. You'll never pay taxes again!
- I'm not going to contract out your garbage collection, I'm gonna make those lazy garbage workers pay for their strikes and make em work like Asian dogs!
- I'll cancel the pride parade and drive every LGBTQWERTY out of town! Minorities too!
- I know how to run a business cuz my dad started a business and gave me an office to sit in with a desk and everything.
- I answer all of my phone calls, and I'll drive right over to your house to flush the toilet if that's what you need doing... even if I'm drunk off my ass, which I often am, I'll still drive over there! I'll even read the newspaper, and flip off every kid I see on the way.
- When I get home, I'll beat my whole family to a bloody pulp! Cuz I'm an every man.
- They don't have enough cops to follow me around. Much less my drug dealer!

Please note that the above is my interpretation of what Ford Nation wants and not in any way my real opinion on civic matters.

Regarding Raves / EDMs at Exhibition Place.

"The number of paid duty police will vary depending on the event and expected attendance. Police will be assigned to the interior space, as well as parking attendants. Mounted police are required to control line-ups to event. The police and the facility will determine the number of paid duty officers, and all fees for paid duty police will be invoiced and collected by Exhibition Place, ten days prior to the event."

"Furthermore, the other events (usually raves) have unfortunately had negative public relations issues that ensued, including 50 ambulance calls to Toronto EMS during one recently held."
http://www.explace.on.ca/database/rte/files/Item 23-Dances.pdf

As a Toronto Paramedic, I worked my share of Paid Duty. PD does not show on the Sunshine List, because the money does not come from the City of Toronto Treasurer.

At "SARS-Stock" in 2003 there were 200 Paid-Duty Toronto Paramedics on-site.

Last edited:
So Rob Ford's favorite club Musiq, who invites him to their club and also caters his Ford fest just got EDM concerts[their competition] banned??

nobody in the media is discussing this?

TL;DR, from AoD's link:
Letter from Muzik's Zlatko Starkovski,
Therefore we believe to protect our investment, our reputation and continue to have the ability to offer our customers the best entertainment possible, we need to protect our interests further than what is currently contemplated in our lease.
Muzik, currently operates with a liquor license that has a capacity of 8,755. This encompasses 5,674 people outside in addition to the 3,081 person capacity inside our venue. However, our current lease has an exclusive use clause for events up to 2,999 people. By increasing this to reflect our actual capacity that we are licensed for, it would provide the necessary protection for these type of one off situations, and will give Muzik Clubs the protection it requires to ensure that our business remains successful. This will also ensure we don't permanently damage our collective business interest. I would appreciate if this matter could be brought to the next board of governors meeting for consideration, as we are currently under in construction, each event that occurs further jeopardizes our business plan.
Apparently the best defense is a good offense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back