39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the subject of security came up:

Screenshot-5.jpg

Here's Proof Canada Is Snooping on People's Twitter Accounts

“This data is aggregated,” Treasury Board Minister Tony Clement told the Canadaland podcast in an episode released Sunday, referring to social media surveillance. “It’s not personal to an individual. If there are opinions expressed about a government initiative, policy or program, that’s the sort of data aggregated. It’s put into the hopper.”

"But, but it's only metadata!"

Recall, vice also did the Rob Ford’s Office Hired a Hacker to Destroy the Crack Tape story.

Attachments

• Screenshot-5.jpg
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 941
Last edited:
Just spit balling, but maybe the tow-trucker driver was given a little consideration to remove the plates, so everyone's technically been honest.

That's hardly a secure lot - someone could have easily hopped the fence and removed them.

UT is hosted on a secure site. At best packet sniffing will tell you that the phone is visiting UT, but they'll never know what's being transmitted. There's a theoretical man-in-the middle attack, but that is highly unlikely and would require a compromised router.

no SSL from what i can see

no SSL from what i can see

This is true on my end as well. Furthermore I was able to sniff packets in my home network, and read incoming, and outgoing data. I also took a minute to observe the password handshake, and the good news is that it's obfuscated in someway, seemingly by some form of message authentication. Attempts to access the site via https lead to pages that seem to be errors. My interest in this stems from the fact that I spend most of my time developing, and researching web applications; I am not a security expert by any means.

Anyway, this is way off topic, sorry readers that don't care about computers! Also regardless of network security, please stay safe Jimmi T!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back