News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, RE the thread above - I don't think Rob wants to fix his life. I think he just wants to party. In fact, he dosn't really have a life. No education, no friends, no causes, no involvement, no hobbies. Nothing outside of watching sports and getting wasted. And i just don't see that ever changing.

A fair number of otherwise trashy people with no education/friends/hobbies at least fall back to taking an interest in raising their kids. Sadly the substance abuse and his job probably made that impossible. No doubt, as others have said, winning the mayoralty race was one of the worst things to happen to him. I wonder if he really even wanted to win in the first place, or if he was just doing it for his family and expecting to lose and go back to coaching high school football in the afternoons and watching sports and drinking pops in his basement all evening.

This won't end well simply because even if he were to get clean, which he won't any time soon obviously because he's not in rehab, anything that might keep him clean has been taken away from him. Nobody's ever going to let him get near a high school football team again, he's going to have trouble being involved with his kids because other parents won't want anything to do with him not to mention that his kids and wife hate him anyway, and there's no job waiting for him that he'd actually enjoy doing. He truly has nothing left for him besides watching sports and massive benders in between. The only two plausible outcomes are he spirals further into his addiction and kills himself (most likely), or that he ends up in jail.

Ya the timing of Rinses comment was suspiciously close to Smiths murder and then we never heard from that person again. But I always assumed Rinse was a girl based on the tone of comments.

Same here. And a teenage girl at that. For a refresher, here is Rinse's actual comment:

Here's the thing: Rob Ford DOES use crack cocaine. A friend of mine, her mother is a serious drug addict. Rob Ford regularly goes over to her house to smoke crack.

The problem is this: The daughter wants to expose Rob Ford's drug abuse, but her oldschool Italian grandmother won't allow her to "bring shame" upon the family, long story short. So basically the daughter has become complicit with the entire thing instead of doing the right thing. Shame on you Jasmin.

http://www.torontomike.com/2013/05/the_comment_from_rinse_about_r.html

My parents put me on Manhattan-bound train at Union Station when I was nine. ...

Henny Youngman was a wonderful entertainer from a better era. He wore a suit and worked clean. He knew how to be funny without the four-letter words. I envy the fact that you got to see him perform live.

We took the Delaware & Hudson train from Montreal - overnight; 12 hours; no roomette.

Henny Youngman was great. We attended his show 'ironically' (at the time I was a too smart for my own good, thought myself terribly hip, graduate student at UofT - in other words, a pain in the ass) and in fact he was charming and quite tongue-in-cheek about himself, so we lined up after the show to say hello and get his autograph. It was all classic stuff - "My wife says: Henny, I've found a parking spot; go buy a car!"

Same here. And a teenage girl at that. For a refresher, here is Rinse's actual comment:

Here's the thing: Rob Ford DOES use crack cocaine. A friend of mine, her mother is a serious drug addict. Rob Ford regularly goes over to her house to smoke crack.

The problem is this: The daughter wants to expose Rob Ford's drug abuse, but her oldschool Italian grandmother won't allow her to "bring shame" upon the family, long story short. So basically the daughter has become complicit with the entire thing instead of doing the right thing. Shame on you Jasmin.

http://www.torontomike.com/2013/05/the_comment_from_rinse_about_r.html

Check Rinses comment history. I always thought he/she sounded like a teenage boy to me.

EDIT: my bad, that was his only comment before or since. Damn.

Last edited:
Saw it on CP24. Still had the plates on when being towed. There were photos of them on while under tow.

But, the impound operator says the plates were off when the Escalade arrived. :confused:

OPP says they did not remove them.

Hmmm. Someone is not telling the truth, maybe?

Fearless prediction time. I predict Ford will drop out before the deadline of dropping out. Either Rob will drop out, or Rob drops out, Doug jumps in, and then Doug drops out.....

...Most say that the Fords will not drop out because they are stubborn and never quit, and that is true. But there is something the Ford's hate more, that's being defeated. ... If it looks like they will finish in 3rd with less then 20% of the vote. They will drop out before they can give the pleasure for somebody like Chow defeat them by double digits....

I think you may be on to something - the Fords aren't prepared to face defeat (it couldn't have been family fun when Doug Sr. got the boot).

If the polls continue to show Ford trailing in third place, there's a good chance he'll withdraw "to focus on himself, his recovery, and and his family" with a promise to return in 2018.

Someone mentioned the tow truck operator, maybe?

One of the news reports says that a witness saw the Escalade leaving the scene attached to the tow truck and it had plates; if correct, and if it is true that the Escalade arrived at the pound without plates, as another news report says the the pound owner claimed, then the tow truck would have had to stop somewhere between the scene and the pound in order for the operator, or someone else, to remove the plates. Not impossible, one supposes - and I've not seen any news report claiming to have spoken with the tow truck operator. But all-in-all the real question is less at whose instigation or by whose effort were the plates removed and more why were they removed?

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 9.58.50 PM.jpg

Journey, All That You Believe; final 4-1/2minutes of The Sopranos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 9.58.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 9.58.50 PM.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 792
Last edited:
One of the news reports says that a witness saw the Escalade leaving the scene attached to the tow truck and it had plates; if correct, and if it is true that the Escalade arrived at the pound without plates, as another news report says the the pound owner claimed, then the tow truck would have had to stop somewhere between the scene and the pound in order for the operator, or someone else, to remove the plates. Not impossible, one supposes - and I've not seen any news report claiming to have spoken with the tow truck operator. But all-in-all the real question is less at whose instigation or by whose effort were the plates removed and more why were they removed?

A Mistress request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back