News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw something whiz by about a national post article? Did anyone find it?

Not yet, on-line. Searches on Deco, Ford, etc. only turned up old stuff. I gathered from the mention here this AM that it is in the print edition (whatever that is....).

Re: That photo posted on Twitter by "the Vexed Muddler," which featured Fat Boy posing with his/her mother on yet another of his seemingly numerous trips away from "rehab." The Muddler's passing comment that his mom "was very polite" to Ford suggested to me that Ford was the one who approached the old dear to have the photo taken. "Hey, wanna get'cher pictcha taken wiff me? Hiccup!" *FART!!!!*

Does anyone find it mildly alarming that Ford is such an attention whore he can't resist latching onto total strangers whenever he's in public, and (presumably) demand to have his ego stroked by them? One wonders how he's reacted to those who were not so accommodating. "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM, YOU FUCKING ELITIST?!?!"

Does anyone find it mildly alarming that Ford is such an attention whore he can't resist latching onto total strangers whenever he's in public, and (presumably) demand to have his ego stroked by them? One wonders how he's reacted to those who were not so accommodating. "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM, YOU FUCKING ELITIST?!?!"

I get the impression some people are really drawn to having their picture taken with him because of his 'regular guy' shtick, not necessarily because they know of or support his politics, and that they usually approach him, not vice versa.

I would love it if someone asked to have their picture taken with Ford and then while they're posing with big smiles, they lay into him with criticism and pointed questions. And then it turns out it's a video, not a still photo.

saw something whiz by about a national post article? Did anyone find it?

It in today's 'printed' copy. Written by Richard Warnica, headline is "Fords' business dealings generate questions".
The column discusses the lack of leadership by Randy of Deco once Doug was immersing himself in running the city.
"As for Mr. Rudder, he said he barely recognizes the Doug Ford he sees on TV as his old, competent boss. He's so involved with running the city and defending his brother and that's the shame of it," he said. "I think he's just pissed his career down the toilet."

Doug's response to the allegations are quoted thusly:

"Doug Ford meanwhile called the allegations 'a witch hunt,' adding 'Rob and I are the most honest people in the world when it comes to taxpayer money."

The writer apparently interviewed four former employees of Deco.

The column also reiterates the RR Donnelly and Deco 'handshake' conflict of interest.

It in today's 'printed' copy. Written by Richard Warnica, headline is "Fords' business dealings generate questions".
The column discusses the lack of leadership by Randy of Deco once Doug was immersing himself in running the city.
"As for Mr. Rudder, he said he barely recognizes the Doug Ford he sees on TV as his old, competent boss. He's so involved with running the city and defending his brother and that's the shame of it," he said. "I think he's just pissed his career down the toilet."

"Doug Ford meanwhile called the allegations 'a witch hunt,' adding 'Rob and I are the most honest people in the world when it comes to taxpayer money."

Ah, so like the vast majority of the National Post's work on this story, it provides absolutely no interesting new info.

Strange that story is not online, given Postmedia's vow to be a digital-first company. Guess I'll pick up a hard copy today. The Post has good crosswords, too.

Not near a scanner, but I can attach that later if anyone's interested in reading the full article.

...lay into him with criticism and pointed questions.

I am quite sure from other tweets that the guy who posted the photo dislikes Ford and that he meant that his mother was too polite to Ford because she did not lay into him - not that Ford asked her to pose for the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back