8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck is that?

"seriously, no one is willing to help apply for ex parte interlocutory injunction from the Superior Court of Justice?"
https://twitter.com/JohnFurrToronto/status/490570824131563520

Mr. Furr would probably have better luck if he prays for rain.

It might have something to do with his unique ideas about, uh, "diplomacy." I appreciate the guy's sentiments, but he could learn a bit about that honey v. vinegar thing. Also, I'm sure most local law firms are just dying to get in a pissing match with the Ford clan.

I wonder if Iola Fortino will be at the event. She would have some interesting things to say!

It might have something to do with his unique ideas about, uh, "diplomacy." I appreciate the guy's sentiments, but he could learn a bit about that honey v. vinegar thing. Also, I'm sure most local law firms are just dying to get in a pissing match with the Ford clan.

For this reason and others, I refuse to have anything to do with Furr's protest. He is way too "in your face" and I think at some point, this protest is going to bite him in the ass. I hope others that are involved are careful because he comes across as too much of a loose cannon for my liking.

Those that sending complaint letters in are just playing to the Ford strategy...It is a win-win for R Ford...the City ignores the complaints and Fordfest goes as it will...the City aquiesces to the complaints and R Ford pulls out the "victim card"..'I'm just trying to do something for my supporters, the people of Scarborough and Toronto in general and see what happens the great left wing conspircy (choose your villians) shoots me down'...
It has been well played by D Ford... I'm more and more appreciating his Machiavellian qualities...doesn't mean I like 'em just means I'm better understanding how they think..everything is viewed thru how to be a victim and how to illicit sympathy...

Sorry if this sounds rude, but the only people playing into "the Ford strategy" at this point are the people who a) believe there is a strategy, and/or b) believe anyone but a tiny, idiot minority gives a shit about Rob Ford's "victimization." There are still people who believe Rob Ford's a good guy at heart and everybody else is just jerks and ganging up on the poor guy for no reason... but they are few, they are highly ill-informed AT BEST and, while they do get to vote and therefore politicians are forced to care what they think, the rest of us DON'T.

ETA: and I am missing my point of saying all this: it's a foolish mistake for anyone to back down from calling the Fords on their endless bullshit because they're worried about the "victim card."

Last edited:
Not that a 20 year old college kid can't make a good candidate.

I disagree with this. I don't believe any 20yr old, with almost no exceptions, is ready to ward heel, negotiate with other councillors and developers and lobbyists, and generally stick up for their ward. Someone with a degree and a couple of year's experience, in biz or gov't, sure. But 20 is not 25-30. Too young.

I disagree with this. I don't believe any 20yr old, with almost no exceptions, is ready to ward heel, negotiate with other councillors and developers and lobbyists, and generally stick up for their ward. Someone with a degree and a couple of year's experience, in biz or gov't, sure. But 20 is not 25-30. Too young.

let me also say, he's a halfway through a business program at humber. that's not a competitive school, and not a useful program. the city's not a business - there's relatively little need for 'businessmen' at city hall. if he was halfway through a really competitive program in law, political science, planning, engineering, or similar, i might be more impressed.

i'm ready to hear what he has to say, and hear him out. but like the others have mentioned, at this point i see little evidence of 'leadership' material.

Agree, if it was some hamlet with 500 people that's one thing, this is a totally different ball of wax.

Being a Ford he'd be ignored by other council members as well.

I don't believe any 20yr old, with almost no exceptions, is ready to ward heel, negotiate with other councillors and developers and lobbyists, and generally stick up for their ward. Someone with a degree and a couple of year's experience, in biz or gov't, sure. But 20 is not 25-30. Too young.

Kinda link the NDP MPs from Quebec?

I basically agree, but after more than 40 years as a college professor, I've definitely met a rare half dozen that would be far superior to what I've seen from the distant sidelines as an average TO councilor this past year - that said, I've yet to see anything to indicate that MiFo has any skills or insight. Are there any clips of him speaking?

Kinda link the NDP MPs from Quebec?

The woman who was on vacation when she won was at least apologetic about it and vowed to get up the learning curve fast. MiFo is being presented as a viable candidate - she thought she was being a placeholder so the NDP could say they ran in every riding. Not exactly the same, but I sure wouldn't want to live in her riding, or ward 2 if MiFo wins.

I basically agree, but after more than 40 years as a college professor, I've definitely met a rare half dozen that would be far superior to what I've seen from the distant sidelines as an average TO councilor this past year - that said, I've yet to see anything to indicate that MiFo has any skills or insight. Are there any clips of him speaking?

spot on, and this jives with my experiences in academia too. i think you'd also agree, though, that those 2nd-year students who are already leadership material are also people we've heard of already. they're easily tracked down online because they've won scholarships and awards, had prestigious internships, started outreach organizations or been asked to give presentations etc.

from what i can tell so far, what mike ford has is:
-pilot's license
-camp counsellor
-half a diploma
-endorsement from doug ford, and
-dubious sales job at the family business.

not exactly an eye-popping resume.

The woman who was on vacation when she won was at least apologetic about it and vowed to get up the learning curve fast. MiFo is being presented as a viable candidate - she thought she was being a placeholder so the NDP could say they ran in every riding. Not exactly the same, but I sure wouldn't want to live in her riding, or ward 2 if MiFo wins.

And by all accounts she's doing a great job representing her riding. But she was a single mother with real work experience under her belt and a strong work ethic - in other words she brings valuable perspective to parliament and the brains to do something with it. Some random kid from the class of idle rich ain't going to make it, especially when he has no clue about the real issues facing that Ward.

I was reading tweets calling for a media boycott of Ford-fest.

But, they didn't boycott his return from "rehab" speech, so not likely they will boycott a Ford-fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back