News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least we have another good parody account:

Michael Ford ‏@FordNephew 22 mins
My Uncle Rob taught me to drive when I was 16 years old. I remember it like it was yesterday... Because it was.

That article is terrible. It notes that only 20 of about 2,000 candidates in 3 elections was disabled, and it calls this 0.01%.

It then goes on to say that 15 to 21% of the population is disabled, depending on definition of disabled. Which I have a hard time believing. Just looking at a random sample (say close family) of about 100 people, I off-hand can't think of anyone who is disabled (well maybe one if you get into neurodevelopmental disorders - though I'm not sure you'd expect that kind of disability to be well represented). If the article is true, there should be 15 to 20 close relatives who are disabled.

Off hand, I can think of disabled politicians. A former Vancouver mayor and Prime Minister Chretien both come to mind.

And by all accounts she's doing a great job representing her riding. But she was a single mother with real work experience under her belt and a strong work ethic - in other words she brings valuable perspective to parliament and the brains to do something with it. Some random kid from the class of idle rich ain't going to make it, especially when he has no clue about the real issues facing that Ward.

since kathy is kept out of the ford family funds, how rich did mikey really grow up?

he may be an exception to that branch though... i get the feeling that doug tries to see him as the son he never had.

So, the poor are hard working and the rich are idle. Gotcha. Any more stereotypes?

fryin' pan jack via utah phillips...

The Two Bums

The bum on the rod is an enemy of mankind
The other is driven around to his club, is feted, wined and dined
And they who curse the bum on the rod as the essence of all that's bad
Will greet the other with a winning smile and extend the hand so glad

The bum on the rod is a social flea who gets an occasional bite
The bum on the plush is a social leech, bloodsucking day and night
The bum on the rod is a load so light that his weight we scarcely feel
But it takes the labour of dozens of folks to furnish the other a meal

As long as we sanction the bum on the plush, the other will always be there
But rid ourselves of the bum on the plush and the other will disappear
Let's make an intelligent organised kick; get rid of the weights that crush
Don't worry about the bum on the rod, get rid of the bum on the plush!

It's not a good sign that young Mikey can't even spell the PM's name correctly - apparently he belongs to the "Steven Harper" fan club on facebook.

Learning how to fly ain't cheap. That right away probably puts young Mikey into the 1%. Unless he bought his own plane.

Returning Rub and Renata's empties probably was a pretty lucrative part time job!

But I bet you can fit it onto a fridge magnet!

Someone else named Ford really needs to register to run in that ward. Otherwise I'm afraid that boy could get in on name recognition alone.

there is another ford trying to deal with having that last name...

russ ford.png

https://www.facebook.com/Russ4Ward6

A new Ford running for Toronto city council

http://www.680news.com/2014/03/17/a-new-ford-running-for-toronto-city-council/

Attachments

• russ ford.png
    russ ford.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 692
Last edited:
i get the feeling that doug tries to see him as the son he never had.

That is an interesting insight.

I've wondered if Mikey saw how his mother was treated by the trust and realized he has to toe the line if he wants to cash in. That, coupled with Doug's anti-social influence, is a dangerous combination.

The fact that apparently this kid is a relatively safe bet to take the seat, makes me sick. What kind of strange Jedi Mind Tricks are the people of that ward prone to?

Rob Ford managed to jinx the Indy, it's officially cancelled. Another race is scheduled for tomorrow, hopefully he stays away!

Here's another one.

indyboos.jpg

For all the hesitancy about John Furr's MO, he's at least carried on with the work that Joe Killoran began, however inadvertently. One day JK's outburst will be seen as day when the city finally turned on Rob. Although many were uncomfortable with Furr waving signs behind Rob on Eglinton or going nose to nose with the big baldy guy in Scarborough - and I can see why - I'd suggest it's continuing to help some people find the courage to speak out and be less afraid of the Fords. And I absolutely believe that these confrontations have led the media to up their game - Jackie Crandles of cp24 at the end of Tuesday's Danzig interview with Rob asks: "Police have said the shooting was gang related. Do you think your drug use and contributions to that culture have you talking out of both sides of your mouth?" When even cp24 puts away its softballs ...

Cut me slack for having been a shirted horde participant - I don't want this to sound like a wow look at me observation - but the tide is turning and JF has helped. There have been smatterings of boos at Ford events for some time, but 'more boos than cheers' especially at sporting events (Honda Indy, TFC) and people speaking to him face-to-face are new things, post-rehab. I think we're seeing many more negative comments on selfie postings as well. The Emperor has No Clothes story is playing out.

Attachments

• indyboos.jpg
    indyboos.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 888
A friend of mine is there. I asked if she booed Ford. Her reply: Yes I boooood that idiot!!!!!

Now the pace car slid into a wall. NBC guys asks Paul Tracy if he left the keys with the mayor. Tracy laughed uncomfortably and then, dead silence.

Pace Car Spinout Leads To Amazing Rob Ford Joke At Indy Toronto

A deluge of rain in Toronto today led to a delay in the afternoon's race, and it also got the better of this Honda Accord pace car driver. He lost it in a turn and bumped the wall with the car's rear bumper.

"You didn't give the keys to Mayor Ford, did you?" Bob Varsha says to Paul Tracy, who took hizzoner the mayor out in that same car earlier in the day.

Then there's a bit of an awkward beat before another makes a crack about a passenger going for a handbrake.

It's funny because Rob Ford is the mayor of a major North American city, and also a crack cocaine user.

http://jalopnik.com/pace-car-spinout-leads-to-amazing-rob-ford-joke-at-indy-1607798186

Learning how to fly ain't cheap. That right away probably puts young Mikey into the 1%. Unless he bought his own plane.

Private pilot's licence is the most basic, costs around $10-11K assuming you pass everything first time. Fully loaded commercial licence with all the ratings is north of $50K. In Ford terms, a private licence is = two Renata Christmas gifts.

Here's another one.

View attachment 30195

For all the hesitancy about John Furr's MO, he's at least carried on with the work that Joe Killoran began, however inadvertently. One day JK's outburst will be seen as day when the city finally turned on Rob. Although many were uncomfortable with Furr waving signs behind Rob on Eglinton or going nose to nose with the big baldy guy in Scarborough - and I can see why - I'd suggest it's continuing to help some people find the courage to speak out and be less afraid of the Fords. And I absolutely believe that these confrontations have led the media to up their game - Jackie Crandles of cp24 at the end of Tuesday's Danzig interview with Rob asks: "Police have said the shooting was gang related. Do you think your drug use and contributions to that culture have you talking out of both sides of your mouth?" When even cp24 puts away its softballs ...

Cut me slack for having been a shirted horde participant - I don't want this to sound like a wow look at me observation - but the tide is turning and JF has helped. There have been smatterings of boos at Ford events for some time, but 'more boos than cheers' especially at sporting events (Honda Indy, TFC) and people speaking to him face-to-face are new things, post-rehab. I think we're seeing many more negative comments on selfie postings as well. The Emperor has No Clothes story is playing out.

I haven't seen anyone criticize you for being part of the horde, on the contrary; you've been looked upon very favourably as have the other participants. What bothers many is he ripped the-sit in on twitter after he left, then took their #rfmg hashtag and slapped it on the t-shirts for the horde. Now the sit-in has to keep telling people there is no connection between the two movements since RFMG has always promoted themselves as peaceful. Why he did that is beyond me, especially since he's criticized the organizer of the sit-in for a long time. Also, people are really divided as to whether the horde is helping or hurting the anti-Ford movement. I find he is way too loud and too in-your-face and it's a turn off. I've read his twitter feed at times and it seems he just loves to fight and he's always right.

I love seeing all the signs and hearing collective chants against Ford and I think that is really effective. I don't want to see it but at some point I there is going to be physical violence between him and a Ford National.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back