News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
..... but 'more boos than cheers' especially at sporting events (Honda Indy, TFC) and people speaking to him face-to-face are new things, post-rehab. I think we're seeing many more negative comments on selfie postings as well. The Emperor has No Clothes story is playing out.
Isaac Asimov
“And so it happened, that when others bent their knee, he refused and added loudly that his ancestors in their time bowed no knee to any stinking mayor. And in his ancestors’ time the mayor was elected anyhow, and kicked out at will, and that the only people that inherited anything by right of birth were the congenital idiots.â€
― Isaac Asimov, Foundation and Empire

Y'know, there's something I forgot all about: this guy ran as an "official" Ford candidate in Ward 17 (vs Palacio and Schein) in 2010--surely, he must be related to Mikey (though the name "Stirpe" meant nothing in 2010 unless we were already super-engaged to Kathy Ford news then)

http://www.votebenstirpeward17.ca/

Y'know, there's something I forgot all about: this guy ran as an "official" Ford candidate in Ward 17 (vs Palacio and Schein) in 2010--surely, he must be related to Mikey (though the name "Stirpe" meant nothing in 2010 unless we were already super-engaged to Kathy Ford news then)

Speaking of candidates, whatever happened to the Ford slate?

It looks like this guy has a degree in political science from the U of T. Doubt there's any relation simply because he's too educated to fit into the Ford dynasty.

Stirpe.jpg
Stirpe.jpg

This sign is so Deco-ish and Fordish; has to be connected

Attachments

• Stirpe.jpg
    Stirpe.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 840
from what i can tell so far, what mike ford has is:
-pilot's license
-camp counsellor
-half a diploma
-endorsement from doug ford, and
-dubious sales job at the family business.

not exactly an eye-popping resume.

And don't forget, he has a mother who is a drug addict and a shoplifter, a father who is a drug addict and a murderer, one uncle who was a hash dealer, another uncle who was arrested 17 times, and another uncle who is a lying, drug-abusing, alcoholic wife-beater. I guess this is what Doug means when he says Mikey grew up in politics.

Unless Kathy was an amazing mother that somehow raised incredible kids in spite of the family and their influence, Mikey has a lot going against him from the start.

It's not their fault they were born into a political dynasty, they have to serve, they have a disease. Are you racist against political dynasties now? LOL

"We didn't choose the political life. The political life chose us."

It then goes on to say that 15 to 21% of the population is disabled, depending on definition of disabled.

Local 79, which represents the City of Toronto inside workers, issued this list of disabilities:

"Diabetes; arthritis; muscular dystrophy; cancer; cerebral palsy; chronic migraine headache; having a deformed limb, back, hand or foot; chronic deep vein thrombosis; epilepsy/seizures; polio; head or brain injury; a degree of paralysis, amputation, blindness or visual impairment; deafness or hearing impairment; muteness or speech impairment; physical reliance on a wheelchair or other remedial appliance or device; chronic gynecological condition; drug or alcohol dependency; chronic condition of the hand or wrist, including chronic carpel tunnel syndrome; fibromyalgia; chronic pain syndrome; heart disease or condition; hypertension (high blood pressure); Crohn's disease; ulcerative colitis; chronic enlargement of the prostate; chronic gastroenteritis; other chronic condition of the stomach, bowel, kidney or bladder; HIVIAIDS; allergies including chronic sinusitis; back, spine, knee, elbow, neck, shoulder, groin, hip, foot or ankle condition or injury leading to a chronic medical problem; multiple sclerosis, ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), or other chronic neurological condition; Epstein-Barre syndrome; narcolepsy; stroke; chronic condition of the eye; obesity resulting from an injury, illness or other cause that is beyond the control of the individual; mental disorder including personality disorder, obsessive- compulsive disorder, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or depression; chronic repetitive strain injury; Parkinson's disease; asthma, emphysema, or other chronic lung disease; and hepatitis. Included by definition in a "disability" are the side effects of prescribed medication being used to treat the "disability."
http://www.cupelocal79.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/Attendance-Management-Memorandum.pdf
( See page 5 )

Last edited:
View attachment 30197View attachment 30197
This sign is so Deco-ish and Fordish; has to be connected

And I do remember, going down Caledonia that fall, that he appended his signs with RoFo signs/stickers, i.e. he openly played up the "Team Ford" angle. (He got 5%: a poor fourth. Tony Letra--himself one w/an ethically chequered electoral history--was third.)

THe least thing we need is Rob Ford. I wish voting day was closer to end this for Ford before his campaign brings another embarrassment for Toronto

"Do you think your drug use and contributions to that culture have you talking out of both sides of your mouth?"

"How come you talk out of both sides of your mouth?" Louisiana Governor Edwards instantly responded, "So people like you with only half a brain can understand me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back