News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which reminds me, does Rob's waistline seem to be fluctuating these days, or am I just seeing a mix of new and old photos? I love the idea that he may be wearing a girdle.

Not may or may not. he was definitely wearing a girdle in those parade photos. It's not like he suddenly grew abs.

Here's another one.

View attachment 30195

For all the hesitancy about John Furr's MO, he's at least carried on with the work that Joe Killoran began, however inadvertently. One day JK's outburst will be seen as day when the city finally turned on Rob. Although many were uncomfortable with Furr waving signs behind Rob on Eglinton or going nose to nose with the big baldy guy in Scarborough - and I can see why - I'd suggest it's continuing to help some people find the courage to speak out and be less afraid of the Fords. And I absolutely believe that these confrontations have led the media to up their game - Jackie Crandles of cp24 at the end of Tuesday's Danzig interview with Rob asks: "Police have said the shooting was gang related. Do you think your drug use and contributions to that culture have you talking out of both sides of your mouth?" When even cp24 puts away its softballs ...

Cut me slack for having been a shirted horde participant - I don't want this to sound like a wow look at me observation - but the tide is turning and JF has helped. There have been smatterings of boos at Ford events for some time, but 'more boos than cheers' especially at sporting events (Honda Indy, TFC) and people speaking to him face-to-face are new things, post-rehab. I think we're seeing many more negative comments on selfie postings as well. The Emperor has No Clothes story is playing out.

I think the danger is in one person becoming the face of the anti-Ford movement. It's important that the entire city be seen as disdaining that scumbag. We don't want Ford to be able to say after every protest "well that's just that troublemaker John Furr stirring up shit again".

So how old is Mikey then about 22? Let's face it -- I doubt if this kid (and he is still a kid) is a rocket scientist nor does he seem to have likely have any more common sense then any of his peers -- so there are probably thousands of 22 year olds in Toronto better qualified than him to be a city councillor.

Sounds like he is only too happy to take advantage of the family name and hop on the gravy train.
Also, there are more than a few 22 year old kids in this city who haven't spent the last several months as their criminal uncles' errand boy.

Sounds like Indy fans are not universally fans of Rob Ford.

Matthew ‏@EveryBrokenWave 2 hrs
"the honourable mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford" brought on stage. Greeted with universal boos. Nothing honourable about that thug. #2inTO
3:08 pm - 19 Jul 2014

Bryan Carey ‏@RevLimitBryan 2 hrs
#2inTO Rob Ford gets standing ovation @hondaindy at least I think that's what that finger means...

Tommy Xiao
Whole stadium boos rob Ford LOL
3:31 pm - 19 Jul 2014
I want to see video of this!
Why is there no video of the boo'ing, but video of him on St. Clair getting applauded? Ugh!
[video=youtube;2r7kZRAMSTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r7kZRAMSTg[/video]

I think the danger is in one person becoming the face of the anti-Ford movement. It's important that the entire city be seen as disdaining that scumbag. We don't want Ford to be able to say after every protest "well that's just that troublemaker John Furr stirring up shit again".

Exactly! We'll said.

I want to see video of this!
Why is there no video of the boo'ing, but video of him on St. Clair getting applauded? Ugh!
[video=youtube;2r7kZRAMSTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r7kZRAMSTg[/video]

There was clearly booing when Robbie was speaking. As for the "shuffle" he was doing, well, I don't know, he wasn't moving like an athlete, or someone with an injured toe.

Exactly! We'll said.

I'll second that.

Last edited:
Domise is a billion times better than any (or all of the Fords combined) -- hope he is elected. Read his twitter account -- this guy is going places.

drove by the Ford house earlier (around 12:35 am). Both cars there. All the outside lights were on -- above the garage, near the front door and that funny little "lampost" in the front lawn. They weren't on a few nights earlier when I drove by. I guess someone got around to changing the bulbs. ;) Rob seems to be keeping to a midnight curfew.

The rule was initiated to get more people more engaged in municipal politics, mostly it's been a huge failure on that point...
And yet that's the rule. Ford exploited the hell out of that rule last time. Let's take it back this time. Then work to change it for next time.

i see it more as a tax break than a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back