News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bang on. Obviously he couldn't care less about anything as parochial as "ethics" as long as he knows people are reading and the pageview numbers keep climbing. Knows he's a hack, knows he's a shitty writer, doesn't care. But he's fucked himself into a corner and I think he's at least canny enough to know that too. When Rob's out of the picture, what other pol is going to go to Joe Warmington to get their story out? I look forward to watching his rapid slide into Nowheresville.

Seriously. We underestimate Joe. Once Rob's been booted into third-class celebrityville, Joe will be writing a book.

Love it. Will forgive Blair for G20 if he succeeds at thoroughly fucking over both of the Ford boys.

However, this will just result in an empty apology from Doug. Also really happy that my tax dollars are getting spent on this garbage.

"He said that Chief Blair is taking legal action personally, and that the action 'does not involve taxpayers’ money.'"

Love it. Will forgive Blair for G20 if he succeeds at thoroughly fucking over both of the Ford boys.

However, this will just result in an empty apology from Doug. Also really happy that my tax dollars are getting spent on this garbage.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 2m
Ford was served early yesterday evening. Spokesperson assuring it is not costing taxpayers anything.

According to the article:

Chief Blair is taking legal action personally, and that the action “does not involve taxpayers’ money.”

From NowToronto, just in case we needed reminding:

"Here’s a list of people the Fords have threatened to sue, and not sued"

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=199192

Oh, yay! I asked for that list like a week ago. I would have appreciated it in more of a chart form:
Incident
Threat
Result

...but am happy nonetheless. Promise made, promise kept...except for the legal threats and the whole invading Kuwait thing.
Gosh, remember when they said they were so sad they were going to HAVE to sue the city?
Crickets.

Serving a notice of defamation is about as easy a legal thing as you can do and the Fords have NEVER even done that. For all his blather, Doug didn't even take that minimal step when the Globe published a multi-page spread calling him a DRUG DEALER!! And why? Because their pockets are too big, boo hoo But then a couple of weeks ago he said they WOULD sue the Globe this time, and he still didn't even take the simple step of filing a notice. Both Dale (who won) and Blair (who will similarly get a grudging apology, eventually) have schooled the big-talking Ford Bros on this stuff.

It's not like anyone on this board needs proof or reminders they're utterly full of it but their big-talking bully tactics are really on display when you look at how they wield the legal threat.

According to the article:

Chief Blair is taking legal action personally, and that the action “does not involve taxpayers’ money.”

That just means he's paying his lawyer personally. Doug can still go to the city to cover his legal costs, and this is still taking up time and resources for TPS and Ford's office, plus Blair and Ford themselves. Of course, we're already paying Doug not to do his work so this doesn't change much.

Ah. The second boot drops.

TPS called in the bomb threat, then sent in leftie patrician hipster dogs who failed to find the bombs. Then Chief Blair serves Doug. Can the subpoena be far behind?

colbert-popcorn.jpg

Attachments

• colbert-popcorn.jpg
    colbert-popcorn.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 779
I blame Harper for the G20 mess really.

The blame goes everywhere - the city, the feds, the province, the OPP, the TPS and all those cops from other cities who volunteered for head-cracking duty. The temporary detention centre on Eastern Avenue was Blair's mess (as was the Queen's Park head cracking Saturday afternoon). The Sunday night downpour kettling was, I believe that fascist pig Fantino's last "F-YOU" to Toronto as OPP Commissioner (just before he resigned to run for Harper's government). The secret law was on the provincial Liberals. Harpo forcing a full G20 on Toronto with minimal preparation time. And City Council - pretty much all of them, Miller included - voting on a stupid motion to support the Toronto police right after that disaster.

Andray Domise tweeted from Etobicoke York Community Council. Doug is there. Domise said he didn't look like a happy camper. Oh, and "At the moment, he's railing against trees. ... Trees."

That just means he's paying his lawyer personally. Doug can still go to the city to cover his legal costs, and this is still taking up time and resources for TPS and Ford's office, plus Blair and Ford themselves. Of course, we're already paying Doug not to do his work so this doesn't change much.

Council isn't sitting now and Doug didn't make the claim in his capacity as a councillor. I don't see how he could get them cover his costs, and even if he somehow could, he would still be the one who has to explain why it's costing taxpayers money. Nothing in Blair's action requires that. The idea that it's "taking up time," as if Doug is working hard for his constituents, or as if Blair will have to spend less time policing to deal with this, strikes me as rather unlikely.

Anyway, all Doug (who is spending much more time managing campaigns for Rob and Mikey than councilloring) has to do is stand at a microphone and take it back, the same way a 5-year-old who called someone stupid would, and it's over, with no waste of resources.

I really hope it's not resolved with just an apology from Doug (I'm not sure he really knows how to be apologetic other than in a 'sorry I got caught saying something dumb, but screw you anyway' kind of way). It would be great to see him fumbling and prevaricating and trying to 'folks' his way out of admitting that he said something, but he didn't mean it in a libellous way, but he still kinda does mean it because he's too dumb and venal to keep his gawping muppet mouth shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back