8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalie Alcoba ‏@nataliealcoba Aug 1
Doug Ford responds to threat of legal action: "If the police dept didn't and they're the only ppl that knew, then who did. The tooth fairy?"

Since the Crown issues subpoenas, then someone working for the Crown perhaps?
Doug truly is an idiot.

So, with the Fords' history of receiving 'threats' every time something bad is in the pipeline for them, and they could use a convenient distraction that allows them to play the victim, can we safely assume that Blair going ahead with his legal action against Thug might - just might, mind you - have something to do with yesterday's so-called bomb scare? You know, the one that neither the media nor the police (nor the Fords, for that matter) seem to be treating seriously at all?

Doug Ford responds to threat of legal action: "If the police dept didn't and they're the only ppl that knew, then who did. The tooth fairy?"

Haha cool Doug. Blair can just add this to the suit. Thx

this is SO good.

yes doug, please - keep going! keep doubling down!

either it strengthens blair's case, or it makes doug's eventual retraction so much sweeter.

either way, we win!

this is SO good.

either it strengthens blair's case, or it makes doug's eventual retraction so much sweeter.

either way, we win!

So much this.

Doug, don't stop talking, whatever you do. Triple down, quadruple down, and so on, and so on. Don't let Bill Blair push you around, Doug, keep pushing right back.

this is SO good.

either way, we win!

I'll just point out the quoted tooth fairy tweet happened 11 days ago, it's not a fresh response from Doug.

Doug in the Globe story:

'“My question is, is he getting a freebie from one of his lawyer buddies?” he said. “Is he paying out of his own pocket.”

“It’s not a fair fight,” he added.'

Because the best way to fight a defamation suit is with more defamation. And is Doug still pretending to be an average working-class Joe?

I think some of it is a defense mechanism, but I think some of it is also the Texas sharpshooter fallacy in action. The Fords say stupid, inflammatory shit nearly every single day & some sort of scandal happens with them every couple of weeks. It's easy to draw up a pattern.

I agree. The Fords say stupid/outrageous/combative stuff pretty much daily. It's hard/too easy to make case for a pattern of deflection. That said, I'm sure there are times when they've tried the tactic, but I don't think Blair's notice is one of them. How would they have known that a notice was in the wind? I'm not 100% certain of the process for paperwork, but they'd have to have someone watching court filings, no? Wouldn't the press have picked up on the filing around the same time?

Meantime, does anyone else find the Star's bomb-threat coverage strangely muted? "Rob Ford discloses threat..." My guess is they're following an internal policy on coverage of threats to avoid giving attention to the threatener. Still, I feel the pull of the tin foil. Thoughts?

Doug in the Globe story:

'“My question is, is he getting a freebie from one of his lawyer buddies?” he said. “Is he paying out of his own pocket.”

“It’s not a fair fight,” he added.'

Because the best way to fight a defamation suit is with more defamation. And is Doug still pretending to be an average working-class Joe?

Doug told us they are "poor as a churchmouse", don't forget.

What is with the Ford's penchant for threats and police when something is in the pipeline? What purpose does it serve? It seems so strange.

Aside from what other posters have written, I think the Fords clearly understand that average citizens (lets call them folks) have a finite capacity for digesting news. (This probably doesn't apply to the political junkies that post here, so I think that's why people like us often forget this :) ). So when Do/Ro inject some manufactured crisis into the news at the same time a drug-taking video is coming out / subpoena is about to be issued / ITO is being released, they understand that the manufactured crisis will divert some amount of attention from the video/subpoena/ITO, and this is always a 100% benefit for them.

Have you ever had the experience of speaking to someone who follows the Ford saga to some extent but does not read every ITO or document related to it? My experience that these folks frequently don't know about things like the numerous texts to Lisi at about the time of AS's killing, or the fact that Deco's own employees / ex-employees have confirmed the influence peddling allegations, and so on and so on. Part of the reason for this is that manufactured crisis stories were on the front pages at the same time that the real stories were, and to some extent they helped divert attention.

Last edited:
Perhaps Doug could expand on what would make it a "fair fight". Maybe if Blair was a stupid idiot, it would be a fair fight. :) But basing fairness on income? Maybe it isn't fair because it will cut back on the wife's shopping allowance if Doug has to pay legal fees?

(And why does everything have to be a fight when it comes to the Fords -- obviously, they don't play well with others and never have)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back