News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a fan of this. Lots of families have exaggerated tales of family history (apparently, I had a great-grand uncle who killed a bull with one punch to the head... or something like that :p). This just looks like petty piling on of Ford haters against his entire family, rather than focusing on what is wrong with him as a mayor and Doug as councillor.

Site's been updated:

Editor's Note: There's a school of thought that says every family has their tall tales, and this isn't newsworthy. To an extent that's true - it's certainly no $85M LRT cancellation fee boondoggle. However, the swim story provides some important context on the Fords: 1. It shows how they will lie about anything, even when it doesn't matter; 2. It shows how they are happy to promote their fictionalized history in official government documents; and 3. It's yet another reminder that the whole concept of Fordian Exceptionalism that stretches from Doug Sr. all the way down to 'lil Mikey in Ward 2 is based on high grade, uncut BS.

Of course, there is perhaps a 1% chance that we've got this all wrong. If the Fords can provide evidence that the Marilyn Bell swim happened like they claim we'll print a full retraction. Until then, we can't comment on a swim that we have never seen or does not exist.

hahahahahaha ^^^^^

Sorry, but that got my morning off to a good start :)

And Kat, I do think this does point to much that is wrong with Rob, Doug and the whole famdamily. They lie to suit their purposes. Sure, people have tall tales in their family lore, but they don't generally go around spouting it off as factual. As with all things Ford, they crossed a line.

Elizabeth Church ‏@lizchurchto 19s
Rob Ford says he opposes 2 hour transit proposal. "How do you define 2 hours?"

Well Robbie, when the big hand goes around twice...

Dude, when you've done that amount of serious drugs, time doesn't work in the same way any more. :D

Dude, when you've done that amount of serious drugs, time doesn't work in the same way any more. :D

You don't say.

tumblr_mkzsmkiC8C1qamkf8o1_500.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_mkzsmkiC8C1qamkf8o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mkzsmkiC8C1qamkf8o1_500.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 751
I would think that all batteries in use by city agencies would be mandated to be re-chargables - no? That would make their purchase (generally) a one time capital expense...

Ugh we did that once and the charged batteries conked out more than the regular ones. Too annoying.

Rob's having an early morning. RFMG just tweeted that he has arrived. Turning over a new leaf? At work before noon!

Rob's having an early morning. RFMG just tweeted that he has arrived. Turning over a new leaf? At work before noon!

He was doing a presser at the Etobicoke Camping office @9:00AM where he among other mostly TTC things was looking for someone to tell him what two hours means. No really.
He also talked about implementing most of the 9 proposals, despite many being things he's already said he'd cut... my head hurts just thinking about it.

Thank you for bringing this up. So here's a CTV clip of the news conference re: Ford talking about TTC, reactive thinking I've been here for 14 years, and racoons.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/rob-ford-shares-raccoon-anecdotes-at-news-conference-1.1964685

Now it made me wonder about something, even though I saw it I didn't mention it at first because I'm still kinda discombobulated with 'did he just say that?'. And the bizarre talk of Ford standing up against the Racoons, which admittedly brought out some adorable pics of semi tame ones from this forum.

Anyway, I just want to be clear in understanding what he said. Around the 3:15 mark, Rob is talking about the mayor\councilor\ free TTC pass, and he's basically talking about gravy etc. But seems like he's saying politicians, councilors, and mayors should not get on the bus\TTC for free, and he even seem to let that be the last point before he opened the floor to questions from reporters.

My question is 2 parts. Is this the same mayor that pulled a TTC bus off it's route, kicked off paying passengers, so he and his beloved football team can use it?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...to-pick-up-rob-ford-s-football-team-1.1265049

Second, did any journalists brought up that TTC bus for his football team incident in that presser, considering Rofo just claimed he's against any politicians using TTC vehicles for free, or did I just miss it? There was a cell phone ring that went off when Rofo asked 'any questions?' to the reporters, is ringing a bell enough to distract most TO reporters\journalist in this era?

Along the same lines, I would have liked to see a journo in the scrum ask Rob if it's OK for him to claim mileage for his vehicle from the city while dumping on metropasses for counillors.

Along the same lines, I would have liked to see a journo in the scrum ask Rob if it's OK for him to claim mileage for his vehicle from the city while dumping on metropasses for counillors.

More and more we are asking the questions that matter here and not hearing them from the ones who are getting paid to do it.

I wonder if we should go to scrums and just yell out those questions.

More and more we are asking the questions that matter here and not hearing them from the ones who are getting paid to do it.

I wonder if we should go to scrums and just yell out those questions.

Which was sorta what we did at shirtless horde protests but hardly anyone will actually show up.

If someone is considering voting for Ford over e-cigarettes they shouldn't be allowed to vote (okay thats harsh but how idiotic do you have to be to vote for a complete failure just because of this silly issue?)

I understand how it appears, however to clarify:

1. For thousands of people, it is not a "silly issue". For those that don't smoke or use ecigs, there is zero understanding of the issue, or knowledge that the numbers of users are growing rapidly by the day. Worldwide it's in the millions. If they were taken away from me, I would be devastated. It may seem silly to you, but it is far from silly to us.

2. I don't think the person who posted that comment really wants to vote for Ford. Only one person, out of the many that responded to the post, said he voted for Ford and will again, because Ford "saves him taxes". He was quickly shot down.

3. Before Ford came along, I paid little to no attention to municipal politics. (In speaking with numerous people, I'm not alone on this one. Ford has motivated us to pay attention.) For those that have no interest in politics, all they need is one issue that is very close to their heart to influence their voting decision.

4. The original poster owns an ecig business. I've been looking for work for months now and can verify that the TO labour market is absolutely brutal. This person employs himself and other people. It isn't a "silly issue" to them.

Not wanting to derail the Ford topic into an e-cig one...but if I understand correctly, nobody's saying you can't smoke your e-cigs. They're just saying you have to go outside where smoking is legal. You can't smoke them beside me when I'm eating dinner, or at school, or at my desk at work, or in a bar, etc etc etc. Right? In which case, I'm glad you enjoy your e-cigs, but why should non-smokers have to be around someone using cigs OR e-cigs in a smoke-free place? You can happily smoke them outside, a certain distance from the doors like every other smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back