News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another fundraising email from FordCo:

Dear Valued Supporter:

Last Wednesday was an important day in Rob Ford's campaign for re-election.

Rob unveiled a bold subway expansion plan that we believe is the kind of plan a world-class city like Toronto desperately needs.

The Toronto Subway Expansion Plan is a long-term plan that Rob will implement in his next term as Mayor.

It calls for 32 kilometers of new subways connecting every corner of Toronto. Yes, it is bold, but as a rapidly growing world-class city, Toronto must build new subways to stay competitive.

Toronto Subway Expansion Plan

Toronto residents know that Rob Ford is the only candidate who is fully committed to expanding Toronto's subway system, and with your financial support we can make it happen.

With your financial support, we can make sure Rob Ford returns to City Hall and builds a subway system that will reduce gridlock, and serve our great city for generations to come.

$1,500 donors (or greater) will receive a signed commemorative...yadda yadda...

"Today @TheTorontoSun published an article about Rob Ford going up some stairs. Make the madness stop."
https://twitter.com/mariootsa/status/509197308551237632

".@joe_warmington, you should be embarrassed. Do you feel no responsibility to tell readers the truth or do a basic fact check?"
https://twitter.com/JoshMLabelle/status/509177549935484928

"One way to cut transit costs would be to eliminate escalators"
https://twitter.com/Joe_Warmingtong/status/509193669946388480

"Hi! I'm Scott, and I'm 43 years old. So I'll be between 60 and 63 when Mr. Ford's subway is built. How old will you be?"
https://twitter.com/ScottScottyp8/status/509194402041188352

Last edited:
"Today @TheTorontoSun published an article about Rob Ford going up some stairs. Make the madness stop."
https://twitter.com/mariootsa/status/509197308551237632

".@joe_warmington, you should be embarrassed. Do you feel no responsibility to tell readers the truth or do a basic fact check?"
https://twitter.com/JoshMLabelle/status/509177549935484928

"One way to cut transit costs would be to eliminate escalators"
https://twitter.com/Joe_Warmingtong/status/509193669946388480

"Hi! I'm Scott, and I'm 43 years old. So I'll be between 60 and 63 when Mr. Ford's subway is built. How old will you be?"
https://twitter.com/ScottScottyp8/status/509194402041188352

Tomorrow's Warmington article is going to be about how Rob Ford is a big boy because he can wipe all by himself.
Wednesday's Toronto Star will counter with an expose about how the mayor's office staff were forced to change Ford's diapers in the back seat of his Escalade.
On Thursday Warmington will fight back with an article that quotes Doug as saying that John Tory is an elitist who probably wipes his ass with $20 bills. And so what if Rob uses depends, because those are real man diapers.
On Friday Olivia Chow will pile on with a story about a family in Scarborough who have to use a bucket because TCHC won't fix their bathroom.
On Saturday Socknaki will release a position paper that shows how a 10% increase in fibre consumption will reduce wear and tear on Toronto's sewage system, saving over $200M annually
Finally, on Saturday Sarah Thomson will fling bags of sheep manure off the roof of St. Lawrence Market because that's what her metal tooth filling told her to do.

Last edited:
That's an interesting point. Ford did repeatedly go to a money-mart while in rehab, right?

Yes, but I don't think that had anything to do with drug dealing, per se. Anything Kathy told the cops would have been from before Greenestone, wouldn't it?

beagles.jpg

This is a photo of:
  • Mikey Ford, wearing a onesie, on his way to a YTV presser to announce his youth-oriented transit policy (“Love it now, ride it when you’re a grown-upâ€)
  • Dog Ford, on his way to see “A Streetcar Named Desireeâ€, a new revue at the (Brass) Rail
  • Rob Ford's LRT vision, while tripping balls
  • All of the above

Attachments

• beagles.jpg
    beagles.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 896
Tomorrow's Warmington article is going to be about how Rob Ford is a big boy because he can wipe all by himself.
Wednesday's Toronto Star will counter with an expose about how the mayor's office staff were forced to change Ford's diapers in the back seat of his Escalade.
On Thursday Warmington will fight back with an article that quotes Doug as saying that John Tory is an elitist who probably wipes his ass with $20 bills. And so what if Rob uses depends, because those are real man diapers.
On Friday Olivia Chow will pile on with a story about a family in Scarborough who have to use a bucket because TCHC won't fix their bathroom.
On Saturday Socknaki will release a position paper that shows how a 10% increase in fibre consumption will reduce wear and tear on Toronto's sewage system, saving over $200M annually
Finally, on Saturday Sarah Thomson will fling bags of sheep manure off the roof of St. Lawrence Market because that's what her metal tooth filling told her to do.

^This. Is. Hilarious! :D No sh!t reporting for a change. Much better than CPeeTwoFord. Thank you! :)

Looping back to this loopy video from his empty-subway ride to the Sheppard presser.. I've watched it a few times and it seems to be evidence of being ahem, medicated, ahem, out of his mind. He's even got the tongue wagging happening. Sober Coach might wanna get a metropass..

[video=youtube;WbcETJRoNCs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbcETJRoNCs[/video]

If RFord is not high in this video, then the only other reasonable explanation I can come up with is that he's severely brain damaged from years of drug abuse. Though I guess a third option would be that he is high AND brain damaged.

I got about halfway through that and started to wonder whether I was hallucinating.

Rob and Doug are stupid, thuggish and dishonest, with, obviously, enough influence that they need to be opposed seriously and energetically. When describing Warmington, there is no adverb forceful enough to put beside the words "ethically compromised".

All of this stuff is definitely not a joke.

But still, the Warmington/Ford dynamics are just so, so, so WEIRD. If columns like that weren't real, it would be impossible to make up something even vaguely comparable.

Yeah, even putting aside the Ford stuff it's just such an odd, confusing read. It's like if Allen Ginsberg filled in for Dave Barry for a week, or something. Half-thoughts, tangents, bizarre asides----if it was meant as poetry or something I suppose I could defend it on an artistic basis, but as a newspaper column that normal people are supposed to read? WTF?

If RFord is not high in this video, then the only other reasonable explanation I can come up with is that he's severely brain damaged from years of drug abuse. Though I guess a third option would be that he is high AND brain damaged.

It's three. I've always assumed he was at least slightly mentally challenged. I'd give anything to actually have him tested.

Could it be the Sun is referring to Ford's cancellation of Transit City right after he took office? I recall it was eventually found that the didn't have the authority to cancel it, but he did, putting the brakes on all the lines (including Sheppard LRT) that were in the pipeline.

Yes, they were but look at the grammar. You cannot revive something that was never cancelled. The writer has at best a grade 6 education IMHO.

Warmington was also just repeating a Ford lie there. The proposed Light Rail change won't involve having to climb stairs or wait in the cold. This is what it would look like.

View attachment 32681

Shouldn't Warmington have to fact check basic-ass lies like this?

He's a "opinion columnist" not a "reporter".

Looping back to this loopy video from his empty-subway ride to the Sheppard presser.. I've watched it a few times and it seems to be evidence of being ahem, medicated, ahem, out of his mind. He's even got the tongue wagging happening. Sober Coach might wanna get a metropass..

[video=youtube;WbcETJRoNCs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbcETJRoNCs[/video]

Yep, definitely on something.

I think you'd be surprised at some of the non academic backgrounds of some city counsellors... Josh Matlow, for example, flunked out of high school (not to say he isn't bright or to compare him to Mikey Ford); but doing poorly in high school should not be an automatic no.

That really shouldn't be a deciding factor, in my opinion.

I had an emotionally vacant, mentally (and once physically) abusive father who screwed with a lot of my childhood. Despite being in the gifted program, near perfect on my CCAT and a recorded IQ of 139, I did terrible in school, especially high school. I did not finish (and have never actually finished) high school.

It was not because I didn't have the intelligence or the ability to grasp the concepts being taught. I didn't do well because I was depressed. Like my brother, I subconsciously chose to do things as a cry for pie father's attention. For my brother, it was drugs and trouble with the police. I on the other hand, found tanking my marks was how to do it. Unfortunately, for a control freak sociopathic father, these things ultimately made the situation worse. But I digress.

Later, older and free of my father and his negative influence, I became a different person. Despite what some might think, it's relatively easy to get into a post secondary educational institute without a high school diploma. A few equivalency tests and voila! I went on to graduate on the honour roll with some of the highest recorded marks the school had ever given.

I don't have a high school diploma, but I too have thought of eventually running for office. That's years away, but it still goes to show having/not having a high school diploma doesn't mean that much.

Plus, I guarantee there are more Ford Nationals with high school diplomas than without, if that tells you anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back