News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford has fat ass cancer because he was swimming with the sharks and it's his own fault in the end.

C'mon, guys. The doctor said very clearly - and other doctors have already confirmed - that there are no lifestyle risk factors with this kind of cancer.

ddale8 5:22pm via Twitter Web Client
Cohen: Rob Ford did not actually have a tumour in 2009 (as he'd said he did). It was appendicitis. "There was no tumour of the appendix."

I don't think that's fair. It sounds like he's been poked and prodded for days and probably hasn't understood a lot of what's going on. We don't know what other tests have been done, and there may very well have been something done involving the throat/chest - a scope, perhaps - that left him with the symptoms he talked about.

My wife made a similar point last night. She said she wouldn't be surprised if Rob was using "biopsy" a general word for various tests. He doesn't have a great command of English.

Well, Warmington has some explaining to do. Really sucks about Rob though. He and Doug should do the right thing and back away from politics, but they won't.

http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=en&Expert=99969

Summary

Pleomorphic liposarcoma (PLS), the rarest subtype of liposarcoma (LS; see this term), is an aggressive, fast growing tumor located usually in the deep soft tissues of the lower and upper extremities. It is characterized by a variable number of pleomorphic lipoblasts and, in contrast to dedifferentiated liposarcoma, it lacks any association with well-differentiated liposarcoma (see these terms).

The incidence is approximately 1/2,000,000 per year and it accounts for 5-10% of all LS cases.

PLS usually presents in older individuals with a typical age at diagnosis of 50-70 years. PLS is most commonly a firm, rapidly growing mass in the deep compartments of the lower and upper extremities but can also be located in the abdomen or chest wall in rare cases. PLS has a high (>50%) risk of metastasis, primarily to the lungs. Metastasis is rapid, often leading to death.

The etiology is unknown. PLS is characterized by highly complex chromosome alterations, including polyploidy and various chromosomal duplications, deletions and complex rearrangements.

When a mass is detected, computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is performed. Chest and abdominal lesions do not require pretreatment biopsy unless resection is likely to be incomplete or highly morbid. Extremity lesions are generally sampled by multiple core biopsies to make the histological diagnosis of PLS. Histologically PLS contains a variable number of pleomorphic lipoblasts, with hemorrhage and necrosis commonly observed.

PLS can often be mistaken for myxofibrosarcoma or pleomorphic undifferentiated sarcoma (see these terms).

Treatment involves the surgical excision of the tumor and surrounding normal tissue. In rare cases amputation of the limb is necessary. Tumors that are large (>5-8 cm) or marginally resectable may be treated with preoperative chemotherapy. Adjuvant radiation is recommended if the surgical margin is narrow or positive for sarcoma. Lifelong follow-up is recommended in order to monitor for recurrence at the initial site as well as distant metastasis.

PLS has the poorest prognosis of all the LS subtypes. Five-year survival is 59%.

Pretty good day for Rob Ford. Treatable liposarcoma with a reasonable survival rate and only two lies (2009 appendix tumor and 2014 lung biopsy) exposed.

C'mon, guys. The doctor said very clearly - and other doctors have already confirmed - that there are no lifestyle risk factors with this kind of cancer.

I thought he said it was unknown.

Ya docs would've told him if they were doing a biopsy. Someone lied

No one lied. Rob told Joe who told us which leads me to...

Well, Warmington has some explaining to do. Really sucks about Rob though. He and Doug should do the right thing and back away from politics, but they won't.

Pardon me if this has already been pointed out but Warmington might learn a little lesson about responsible journalism from this.

Everyone was repeating that he had a lung biopsy because Joe, who prints any assertion Rob makes without comment or confirmation, quoted him saying doctors were poking around in his lungs. Granted, other media jumped to conclusions about what this meant, but they were logical conclusions. If Joe had used a little bit of reason, responsibility or journalistic discretion that totally incorrect rumour would not have got out there in the first place. There was no reason to print it just because Rob said it and the result was something untrue about his condition out there in the mediaverse.

Well done, Joe! Another victory for journalism!

Horse shit straight from the Horses mouth.
Already caught lying about his cancer.

Perhaps the growth is pressed against his lung and they're checking for cancer cells just in case

Ya docs would've told him if they were doing a biopsy. Someone lied

Cohen said they had to do a second biopsy on Monday (of the abdominal mass) because the first biopsy didn't yield enough usable material (just dead cells). I think this is where the confusion lies. Perhaps Ford himself was too out of it to give the info to Worms properly or Worms twisted it (though I don't see why; he probably just screwed it up).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back