8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jude MacDonald ‏@judemacdonald 52m52 minutes ago
I am unable to comment or confirm anything right now. I would like to thank the Globe for its diligence & professionalism. (That's sarcasm.)

Hmm... did the Globe jump the gun on the story or report something inaccurate?

“to me, politics is not a speculative sport. Someone’s got to step up.”

I'm willing to bet Jude said "spectator sport" and does not appreciate the misquote.

ETA: Scooped by justindw

Last edited:
FoFam's triumphant bragging about RoFo's computer illiteracy reminds me of the old Eddie Murphy "1,2,4,5! Mofo!!" Skit, where he mocked people for being proud of ignorance.

"You can't prove I know anything!!"

CP24Ford wanted to avoid the tough questions... not surprised.

ddale8 2:53pm via Twitter Web Client
Citytv requests an interview with Rob Ford, says "we would like to avoid the scandal": http://t.co/F7wKhBNWsW

Reading through Volume 6 of Soks FOI, I can understand why there are still 25% of people wanting to vote for Drug. Seems like a lot of people post-crack still wanted Robby to officate their wedding or drop by their parents 60th anniversary.

Strange, to say the least, but its all there in black and white, with names attached (guffaw).

CP24Ford wanted to avoid the tough questions... not surprised.

ddale8 2:53pm via Twitter Web Client
Citytv requests an interview with Rob Ford, says "we would like to avoid the scandal": http://t.co/F7wKhBNWsW

Of course they would like to avoid the scandal. We can add that one to the few honest literal truth that Rob has said. What's next, "I would like to avoid getting arrested"? :p

Makes sense. He is quite the luddite.

[Pedantic historian]No he isn't, he's the opposite of a Luddite. The Luddites appeared when the British government banned trade unions. Contrary to popular belief, they didn't simply smash up machinery, they specifically targeted certain employers. At the time, many employers banded together to create large factories, each having their own machines in the same building. The Luddites would go in, smash the machines of bad bosses, and leave the machines of good bosses alone. When the British government backtracked and allowed trade unions to operate again, the Luddites disappeared overnight. They were never anti-technology, they were anti-bad bosses.[/pedantic historian]

If you're at all interested, EP Thompson's Making of the English Working Class has loads on this sort of thing.

If your lawyer is not working pro bono and you need help, please let the forum know.

For sure. Or even if he is working pro bono, but it doesn't work out and you get slapped with costs. I know I'd be willing to contribute. It's admirable to take something of this magnitude on for the public good.

Of course they would like to avoid the scandal. We can add that one to the few honest literal truth that Rob has said. What's next, "I would like to avoid getting arrested"? :p

Clarification: This is what CP24Ford promised the Fords... their reporters would avoid the scandal!

Probably not Breaking Bad though because he had the process reversed. Of course, Walt never did try any of his crystal.

[video=youtube_share;nXbaxVeteRE]http://youtu.be/nXbaxVeteRE[/video]

[Pedantic historian]No he isn't, he's the opposite of a Luddite. The Luddites appeared when the British government banned trade unions. Contrary to popular belief, they didn't simply smash up machinery, they specifically targeted certain employers. At the time, many employers banded together to create large factories, each having their own machines in the same building. The Luddites would go in, smash the machines of bad bosses, and leave the machines of good bosses alone. When the British government backtracked and allowed trade unions to operate again, the Luddites disappeared overnight. They were never anti-technology, they were anti-bad bosses.[/pedantic historian]

If you're at all interested, EP Thompson's Making of the English Working Class has loads on this sort of thing.

My bad. I have heard the term used that way.

Doug doubles down, again.

ddale8 3:20pm via Twitter Web Client
"That's just not accurate...furthest from the truth," Doug says when told of emails showing mayor's staff were involved in campaign work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back