News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were plenty of PC and small 'c' conservative careerists who saw enough of the Fords to know they weren't fit for office. But that's how far conservatism in Canada has degenerated. Candidates who wouldn't have gotten a look in years ago are now somehow considered mainstream, even when they are totally lacking in any real plans for positive action, or worse, are downright kooky.

These same people are now painfully trying to distance themselves from the Fords, and will blame it all on the drugs and alcohol when the problem is much bigger than that. In fact, for Harper, Hudak et al, if it weren't for the crack, the Fords would be OK. That is just so wrong.

This no government, no taxes, no care crap has gotta stop passing off as politics, and take its place as expensive nihilism.

Well, that happened in the provincial election. It could have happened in Toronto with a better centre-left candidate, but Chow has just not been up to snuff. And, it's looking at the moment like Trudeau Jr. will be the next PM. I'd say that's pretty serious signs of the worm turning.

No wonder people are so cynical and hate politicians. Yes, I agree, without the booze and drugs, Ford still would have been totally unsuitable.

It's politicians fault, mostly the partisan ones, but also those who promote the status quo are to blame. It's all part of the game, and how lobbies can easily manipulate "democracy". I know this is a cynical view but with oligarchies and fascists running a good deal of the earth's governments... well, I'll leave it there.

Tory also didn't know Doolittle would write a book that included his meal with the Fords where he was told he could be mayor and then it would be Robbie's turn.

Tory also didn't know Doolittle would write a book that included his meal with the Fords where he was told he could be mayor and then it would be Robbie's turn.

The "Robbie's Turn' story was in the Toronto Life profile quite a while before Crazytown. And although it doesn't'really suggest that Tory was on intimate terms with the Ford family, I can't believe Jim Flaherty didn't know how unfit Robbie was.

Somehow I don't think there's much love lost between Ma Ford and Tory.

She wouldn't rate his integrity or loyalty very highly either.

From Norm Kelly:

FYI: Mayor gets first dibs on invitations. If he can't go, he can designate.

Via Shawn Jeffords:

Organizers tell me no media allowed in Nuit Blanche reception tonight where Cllr Ford is set to speak. It's a private event. #topoli

Wait....Private event? What happened to the man of the people, access to all BS?

^Actually, it does. Rob Ford is the new Terry Fox. I propose: Ford Nation Vote for the Cure.

10706699_289320721277380_1555881589_n.jpg

http://iconosquare.com/p/816621669409841870_202025983

Attachments

• 10706699_289320721277380_1555881589_n.jpg
    10706699_289320721277380_1555881589_n.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 689
Except that Tory knew the whole family and all the crap they got into. Tory also knew Fords voting record and how intelligent he was. He probably also knew about the brothers being involved with drugs. He certainly knew that Rob was not fit to be mayor, yet John Tory decided to not only support both the Fords but also give them money.

What does that say about John Tory and how much he cares about Toronto? It's not like Tory didn't know what Ford was about. He socialized with the guy and I'm sure he knows more about the Fords, than any of us ever will.

If that's not bad judgement, I don't know what is. There is no way anybody can justify it. It is, exactly what it appears to be.

I am in total agreement with this assessment of John Tory. The fear of a another Ford administration is so palpable that many who feel the same will vote Tory.

This no government, no taxes, no care crap has gotta stop passing off as politics, and take its place as expensive nihilism.[/QUOTE]

Amen to this.And the backlash will erase the gains.

Original quote lamport davenport.

Last edited:
if nothing was done with rob's lungs, then why did he sound so hoarse? was he putting a sick voice on?

When he was in the hospital, I'd say sick voice and painkillers.

Since he's been out of the hospital, I'm going to guess crack.

Actually, Robbie admitted to and denied the use of heroin in two interviews not more than ten minutes apart when he came back from well-hab.

I have no doubt in my mind that Robbie has at least tried anything you can do without shooting up.

Way behind, so this may have been covered, but many of the Traveler targets mentioned RoFo as a hezza fan. His answer in the first post spahab interview is likely the correct one. (The one he only said he'd done just about everything.) It was the second one he specifically backed off the everything when specifically asked about heroin.

He may have had a tube down his throat. When I had my gall bladder removed, I had a sore throat for a week

That's because you had a steel laryngoscope blade placed at the base of your tongue so that your epiglottis could be lifted out of the way of the breathing tube they put in. Unless Rob had surgery, that's not why he's hoarse. Not uncommon after/during chemo to get irritation of your mouth and throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back