News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone willing/have a twitter relationship with any reporters so they can call Doug on the faux Judaism? ETA Daniel Dale only said on twitter that Doug Ford "says Karla's mother is Jewish". He didn't state it as a fact.

Thanks for this. I am being sloppy today.

http://instagram.com/p/iAboZYwdZq/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=photo

If you squint hard enough you can see a dreidel in the background.

But again this is just some evidence as to whether his wife's Judaeism might be just a nominal thing and is being brought up only due to a need to try to manufacture a come-back. It s not proof that she is not Jewish in the matrilineal tradition. Given his 'track record', I would accept Danial Dale's statement that Karla's mother is Jewish barring seeing some powerful evidence of the contrary.

(If it needs mention, I do not give a damn what religion his spouse is or isn't, deeply or nominally, if any at all. I merely am curious about how deep DF's disingenuity might be on this particular item, as compared to many others.)
Merry Christmas pud99.
If Karla is Jewish, (even JINO - Jewish in Name Only), it's even worse that Rob would speak about Jews that way. Mind you, Doug thinks it's okay to call Renata names, so maybe that's normal for them.

What about her maternal grandparents? If her maternal grandmother was Jewish then her mother is and Karla is, in the matrilineal tradition. Per Danial Dale (a rather reliable source and fact-checker), Karla's mother (DF's mother in law) is Jewish.
Technically, Dale only reported that "Doug Ford says Karla's mother is Jewish". At this point, I think Doug Ford has built up some sort of Dishonesty Inertia that cannot be slowed by mere fact-checking.

Technically, Dale only reported that "Doug Ford says Karla's mother is Jewish". At this point, I think Doug Ford has built up some sort of Dishonesty Inertia that cannot be slowed by mere fact-checking.

well, unless her grandparents decided to hide their real ethnicity by marrying orthodox/byzantine once in Canada, it seems he's just bullshitting again. Bullshitting about something like this (rather than just shiny numbers and SUBWAYS!) might hit home with more than a few people.

Merry Christmas pud99.
If Karla is Jewish, (even JINO - Jewish in Name Only), it's even worse that Rob would speak about Jews that way. Mind you, Doug thinks it's okay to call Renata names, so maybe that's normal for them.

I don't think either Ford has an especially high opinion of women in general.

Merry Christmas pud99.
Archie Bunker and the in-laws/neighbours.

Those are her maternal grandparents. Karla's mother's mother = 'Russian Greek Orthodox'.

But the findagrave page shows George Renwick as the father of a male (irrelevant here) and of a female whose maiden name was Gloria Joy Renwick and whose married name was Minshull. Can Gloria JoyMinshul, nee Renwick be the mother of Karla when Karla's parents were William John Middlebrook and Julie Renwick, whose married name was Middlebrook (not Minshull) and who had a sister Florence (whereas George Renwick is shown as having had one daughter, Gloria Joy, not two)?

ETA: In conclusion, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I do not think that the George Renwick on the findagrave page and his spouse Eleanor Renwick, nee Marco can have been Karla's maternal grandparents - nor, to bow in shame at my own too-hasty thought, do I think they can have been her paternal grandparents either.

Last edited:
http://instagram.com/p/iAboZYwdZq/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=photo

If you squint hard enough you can see a dreidel in the background.

But again this is just some evidence as to whether his wife's Judaeism might be just a nominal thing and is being brought up only due to a need to try to manufacture a come-back. It s not proof that she is not Jewish in the matrilineal tradition. Given his 'track record', I would accept Danial Dale's statement that Karla's mother is Jewish barring seeing some powerful evidence of the contrary.

(If it needs mention, I do not give a damn what religion his spouse is or isn't, deeply or nominally, if any at all. I merely am curious about how deep DF's disingenuity might be on this particular item, as compared to many others.)

I dunno, Pud. All those pine boughs, trees, lights and reindeer. I think they're pagans. Or maybe Dutch. That is Santa, right?

Last edited:
But the findagrave page shows George Renwick as the father of a male (irrelevant here) and of a female whose maiden name was Gloria Joy Renwick and whose married name was Minshull. Can Gloria Joy Renwick Minshul be the mother of Karla when her parents were William John Middlebrook and Julie Renwick, whose married name was Middlebrook (not Minshull) and who had a sister (whereas George Renwick is shown as having had one daughter, not two)?

Yes, there is no Julie Renwick listed as a child of this couple. ETA in the wedding announcement of Florence, Gloria Joy is listed as the bride's sister, as is Karla's mother. oops. They are missing some of the siblings.

Last edited:

I still think it's worth asking journalists to probe a little more into the facts, especially since it's been easy for UTers to find stuff online.

Just quoting myself to get this into a better sequence. (The problem with ETA is falling behind in the meantime.)

But the findagrave page shows George Renwick as the father of a male (irrelevant here) and of a female whose maiden name was Gloria Joy Renwick and whose married name was Minshull. Can Gloria JoyMinshul, nee Renwick be the mother of Karla when Karla's parents were William John Middlebrook and Julie Renwick, whose married name was Middlebrook (not Minshull) and who had a sister Florence (whereas George Renwick is shown as having had one daughter, Gloria Joy, not two)?

ETA: In conclusion, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I do not think that the George Renwick on the findagrave page and his spouse Eleanor Renwick, nee Marco can have been Karla's maternal grandparents - nor, to bow in shame at my own too-hasty thought, do I think they can have been her paternal grandparents either.

Just quoting myself to get this into a better sequence. (The problem with ETA is falling behind in the meantime.)

MINSHULL, Gloria Joy - at Toronto on May 20, 1981, Gloria Renwick, beloved mother of [...] Loving daughter of Eleanor and the late George Renwick, dear sister of [your male irrelevant here] .... Julie (Mrs William Middlebrook)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back