News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we even know that Ford is still in hospital? I haven't seen anything at all about him.

(I don't have cable though, so I might have missed any breathless CP24 coverage.)
I heard on Saturday that he was being kept in hospital over Thanksgiving. I don't know if he's gone home since.

It's the 14th, and I'm itching for an October surprise. Hope a nice big bombshell arrives soon, ideally involving the words "mid-level hash dealer."

^^^ This.

Not sure your intended meaning YPQ but I forgot about this until you just said it. Every time RoFo was saying "my heart bleeds" for this or that, it irked me so very much. Growing up, that was a sarcastic saying, meaning the opposite and that you did not care for whatever you were making that comment at. I know that the meaning could go either way but it was just so irritating to hear over and over, and about serious issues and events. Did anyone else hear it the way I did?

It was discussed here at the time the young girl was killed in a traffic accident. It had been grating on my nerves as he was always using it when he was attempting to express sympathy. Drove me nuts too. I've never known anyone to use it except as sarcasm, so I guess it's another example of Ford misunderstanding expressions. Another was "actions speaks louder than words". What an idiot.

Would it be in poor taste if I hoped Rob at least lasts long enough to testify at Lisi's trial?

Not at all. I'm looking forward to it, as well. I wonder if US news outlets will publish stories from the prelim. Will Rob Ford be interesting enough for them to follow through on the coverage?

Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 17s18 seconds ago
Hey, Doug Holyday is on my TV. Says Doug Ford would be a good mayor #TOPoli
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 13s13 seconds ago
Doug Holyday on CP24 says it's a "difficult decision" for him voting, bc he respects both Tory, Ford. Doesn't know yet who he'll support.
Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 1m1 minute ago
Doug Holyday says he isn't making an ENDORSEMENT of Doug Ford. Doesn't know who he's going to vote for #TOPoli
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 2m2 minutes ago
(That's pretty major, consider Holyday was deputy mayor under Mayor Rob Ford + has long been a Ford ally)

He also repeats the lie that Toronto was about to go bankrupt before Rob was elected...

Last edited:
Hope a nice big bombshell arrives soon, ideally involving the words "mid-level hash dealer."

"A Globe and Mail investigation last year detailed how the future city councillor and aspiring mayor trafficked in large amounts of hashish during the 1980s. He repeatedly denied the allegations and vowed to serve the paper with a notice of libel, but never did."
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/can-doug-ford-win-torontos-mayoral-race/article20591133/

And we wonder why the only endorsement he can get is from three years before that story was published.

Not at all. I'm looking forward to it, as well. I wonder if US news outlets will publish stories from the prelim. Will Rob Ford be interesting enough for them to follow through on the coverage?
I don't think the U.S. news will bother with him, it's kinda hard to make jokes involving a dying man. And that's all he ever was to them, an easy joke.

Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 25s25 seconds ago
Rob Ford arriving at polling station to vote, sounds hoarse. Voice is soft, strained #TOPoli

Rob Ford sighting! He is at a polling station right now.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING Mayor Rob Ford is out of hospital after his 2nd round of chemotherapy & casting his vote today. @Shawn_Jeffords is there #TOpoli

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 12s12 seconds ago
"My brother's gonna be the best mayor the city's ever had," Mayor Ford says. He sounds and looks really rough.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 28s29 seconds ago
Rob Ford is doing a scrum after casting his vote. Seems quite unwell, straining to speak.

The man is killing himself just to get attention...

Last edited:
I hope that Ward 2 voters take note of this, plus the fact that he looked and sounded terrible.

Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 29s30 seconds ago
Rob Ford going back to hospital on the 29th, 2 days after election. Doesn't say for what. Heads to car #TOPoli

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back