News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like a star in the sidewalk in Hollywood, you want it, you pay for it... a thousand dollars is chump change to such a successful business man like Dougie (sarcasm implied).

I didn't know that. I do know that Gene Autry is the only individual to have all five stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

That video is really sick. He is so obviously in horrible condition that (health risks aside, from going out with a compromised immune system) it really shows you the depths to which people will sink. He should be at home resting, not putting on a suit and going out to an advance poll to do something he could do tomorrow, next week, two weeks from now or not at all, frankly.

To be fair, pallor is one thing - you can't really tell if someone's immune system is compromised unless you get to see the results of his bloodwork. Either way he really shouldn't be out and about.

AoD

Whaddaya mean? I thought the reason why he wanted to close liberries is because those Liberrians were carrying Ebola

True, they have always been a diseased lot. :p

Some suggestions on Twitter that a guy should retire from the City if in poor health. That is something I never heard of. You would lose the Health and Dental plans. The Disability plan etc. Just when you ( and your family ) need them the most.

Basic group life
insurance
• Schedule: Two times base salary,
rounded to next higher $1,000, if
not already a multiple thereof
• Cost sharing: 100% employer paid

Optional life
insurance
• Schedule: An employee may elect
coverage in units of $10,000
• Maximum: 50 units or $500,000 for
self and 20 units or $200,000 for
spouse

Accidental
death and
dismemberment
• Schedule: Two times base salary,
rounded to next higher $1,000, if
not already a multiple thereof
• Cost sharing: 100% employer paid

Say a guy accidentally drives into a bridge or something.

Add to that OMERS Survivor Benefit.

My wife likes to kid me that I'm worth more to her dead than alive.

Reminds me of the old joke. "If you were my husband I would poison you!" "If you were my wife I would drink it!" LMAO

Last edited:
They'll run the scans again to see if the tumours have shrunk. If the larger one can be removed surgically that's probably their next step. If the tumours haven't responded to the chemo, he's really in trouble, and they'll have to try another cocktail mix.

That's my understanding, too. Makes me wonder about MM's "family insider." Why would someone a couple of steps removed have definitive info? I don't think Rob's doctors have a definitive take on his prognosis yet. Obviously, they have a lot more info than the rest of us. But if they thought he was an absolute no-hoper, they wouldn't be prescribing aggressive treatment. They'd go the palliative route, no?

ETA: Just saw the video. Wow. Brutal. I wonder how much he'll bounce back from this round. I'm not sure he said he's going back on the 29th for more chemo, though, as NP and CP24 are saying. I only heard him say it was the date he was going back.

Last edited:
"If Rob wins in #ward2 there'll be a byelection early next year" — Ford family insider. Morbid but probably true."
https://twitter.com/MetroManTO/status/521376251484049408

I honestly believe we will end up having a byelection sooner or later thanks to the Fords and their stupid political stunts. When that happens, here's what I think could happen:
1) Mikey will be forced to run for Ward 2 again. If he's elected trustee this election, he will resign. If not, even better: he will be readily available
2) Doug Ford runs for Ward 2 assuming he's not elected mayor. His heart may not be in politics, but this family will do anything to have at least one Ford in public office. I mean, lets not forget he's running for mayor, after originally planning to go back to Chicago.

Whatever happens, Oct 27 will not be the last we see of the Fords. Expect a huge sympathy vote for whichever Ford decides to run in Ward 2.

That's my understanding, too. Makes me wonder about MM's "family insider." Why would someone a couple of steps removed have definitive info? I don't think Rob's doctors have a definitive take on his prognosis yet. Obviously, they have a lot more info than the rest of us. But if they thought he was an absolute no-hoper, they wouldn't be prescribing aggressive treatment. They'd go the palliative route, no?
I don't think he is a no-hoper, but he is stage 4 for sure, which is considered terminal with little chance of survival. Even if the tumours have responded he's in for surgery, more chemo and a very poor prognosis for 5 year survival. It's that simple.

The doctors could suggest and advise re palliative, but if the patient is physically able to withstand and pushes for aggressive treatment the doctors probably wouldn't deny it to them. (Especially high profile individuals)

The doctors could suggest and advise re palliative, but if the patient is physically able to withstand and pushes for aggressive treatment the doctors probably wouldn't deny it to them. (Especially high profile individuals)
I think they can use it for pain control if the tumour is pressing on other organs. It can reduce the size of the tumour to provide some relief until it doesn't work any more. I may be wrong cause I'm not perfect. Where's our UT doctor?

It looks to me that the sign could be on what may be considered the boulevard, so city property. It just might be someone's idea of a prank.

They should really put signs on that 2M strip of private property just beyond the Windsor Ave fence...the one that cuts off pedestrian use from the Dixon buildings onto Windsor Ave....

I guess so, but I wouldn't know. My thinking is based mostly on my stepmother's experience. She was diagnosed with lung/brain cancer. Her oncologist was pretty blunt and said there was not point to treatment, so the program was palliative. She also emphasized that palliative care didn't mean death was imminent, and my stepmother did live for a couple more years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back