8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report form the Distillery District.

My wife and I attended a dinner reception at "The Fermenting Cellar" last night. She received our written invitation a month ago, with JT listed as the special guest speaker on it.

Just John and his charming assistant Amanda. No hulking goon squad.

He was very warmly received by everyone in attendance, and this was not a political reception. It was nice to shake his hand and meet him personally for the first time.

Et tu, Casita?

Report form the Distillery District.

My wife and I attended a dinner reception at "The Fermenting Cellar" last night. She received our written invitation a month ago, with JT listed as the special guest speaker on it.

Just John and his charming assistant Amanda. No hulking goon squad.

He was very warmly received by everyone in attendance, and this was not a political reception. It was nice to shake his hand and meet him personally for the first time.
Interesting. I wonder when he accepted the invitation, and why he waited until the last minute to back out of the debate.

Just got back from grocery shopping. The Ford's RV was parked blocking my car at my local Metro. I politely asked the scruffy looking driver to move the monstrosity that was illegally parked and blocking my car. This is just a little too close for comfort now, first Rob was in Amazing Ted's and now my local Metro has been infiltrated. I watched the driver pull out and pull right back into the very small congested parking lot on a busy Saturday morning. Clueless and inconsiderate should be the Ford camping motto.

From twitter:

Just saw a clip on @CP24 of Doug canvassing. His ginormous RV is parked right beside a fire hydrant. Of course. #topoli

and

@cityslikr At the moment, he's at Port Union/Lawson with about 10 people with Honk For Subways signs. It's a campaign run by a fool.

Moron.

Interesting. I wonder when he accepted the invitation, and why he waited until the last minute to back out of the debate.

< embarrassed >

I just asked my wife about that, and she's not exactly sure about when John accepted either.

From twitter:
@cityslikr At the moment, he's at Port Union/Lawson with about 10 people with Honk For Subways signs. It's a campaign run by a fool.
Moron.

How far away from Robbies Stubway is that intersection? As if what they hope to build would effect anyone near there at all. EVER.
SUBWAYS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Doesn't matter. MISTER Tory's earned it!

The MISTER is the way Ms. Chow and Mr. Ford say it.

I think John prefers to address them by their first names.

OK, I got my wife - who is not political - to show me the original invitation. It is dated Mon, 8 Sep 2014:

"We are pleased that John Tory will be a Guest key note speaker at our event."

How far away from Robbies Stubway is that intersection? As if what they hope to build would effect anyone near there at all. EVER.
SUBWAYS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Well, Port Union is an extension of Sheppard....maybe the thought is to extend the subway all the way to the Rouge Hill Go station to simplify commuting for the Durhamites.....

As at end of voting yesterday 98,032 votes cast which if I'm not mistaken is approaching twice the number cast in total in 2010. If the daily weekday average is 24,500 votes cast, anyone care to guess the daily totals for this weekend? I would not be surprised to see an advance poll total approaching 200,000.

OK, I got my wife - who is not political - to show me the original invitation. It is dated Mon, 8 Sep 2014:

"We are pleased that John Tory will be a Guest key note speaker at our event."
Thanks for the info -- so why did he also accept the debate invite? Hedging his bets to see what would be the best move come mid-October?

I realize his decision was politically motivated, but this type of thing drives me nuts. I find a lot of people do it now -- they accept an invite and then cancel at the last minute when something "better" comes up. Makes planning very difficult! Just make a commitment, dammit. <end rant>

Karla should take tips from Grandma Succubus re: How To Dress Whilst Slumming Amidst the Peasants. Cheap photo op it may have been, but the nasty old bitch actually looked appropriate for the occasion. I'm surprised Karla wasn't swanning about in a mink coat, diamond encrusted designer sunglasses, and shoes made of solid gold. "We's jest plain folks, y'all!"

Whoaaaa...Diane Ford hasn't done anything to deserve that kind of venom. It's great to see 'any' cancer survivor out and about. There's nothing the matter with being old...and a woman.

Diane is apparently the mastermind of the family and once said that Rob was fine and just needed to lose some weight. She is fair game to any attacks.

There's a perhaps older school of thought that considers addressing people like is disrespectful. And I always kinda feel that Tory's use of first names suggests a casual and condescending disrespect. But then I find him pretty condescending at the best of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back