News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel DaleVerified account
‏@ddale8
Ford to Tory: "You're going to have the city DESTROYED under your plan!" Tory to Ford: "The whole place would just DISAPPEAR, Doug!"

hahahaaaaa......and that's exactly how I feel. I'm sure we would sink into the lake.

I personally like having such a wide selection. Things are, IMHO, chaotic because we have the whole of Toronto vying for one position instead of the various cities and borough in Met. Toronto to reduce the sheer number of candidates.

I think our 240 square miles were better managed - and the people less stressed - when the most senior political figure in the municipality was elected by the members of Council.

I don't believe Council would have elected Rob in 2010 or considered his brother in 2014. That's just my personal opinion.

Last edited:
That's what I mean. Tory responded in the way I would have. I can't stand the apocalypse predicting going on by some Chow supporters and then Ford goes and throws down this gem.

As I've said, Tory will do very well indeed, thank you very much.

I don't believe Council would have elected Rob in 2010 or considered his brother in 2014. That's just my personal opinion.

Agreed.

I don't think much of FN will be at Nathan Phillips Square. They don't much care for downtown, anyways. ;)
They'll be wherever Dougie is holding his "victory" party -- that Congress Centre on Dixon, or MamaFo's... or maybe the Dufferin Mall Walmart?

Dufferin mall is in Parkdale. Please do not associate us with FN.

Last edited:
That's what I mean. Tory responded in the way I would have. I can't stand the apocalypse predicting going on by some Chow supporters and then Ford goes and throws down this gem.

As I've said, Tory will do very well indeed, thank you very much.

With RoFo nearing the end of his MINO term, many believe the worst is over, mainly because we figure it can't get any worse. But, I figure it can always get worse. I mean a lot worse. And fast.

From what I have seen of the debates ( his first was on 26 Mar. ), JT seems like a leader who can keep his cool under pressure without blaming others.

Last edited:
When did they move the Duff to Parkdale? First million dollar houses and now this?! RIP Parkdale :p

While we're on the topic of the deterioration of politics, the absolute ironic waste of resources by no-tax, no-government ideologues, and how Canada has changed, I note the death today of Gough Whitlam. Gough was Australia's Trudeau, a progressive Prime Minister during the 1970s who brought that country forward and into the light.

Sydney Morning Herald business columnist Michael Pascoe might as well be writing in Canada:

"His contribution had been huge and the years were reducing him. And even Gough had suggested that even Gough might not be immortal. To recall a phrase, it was time.

So why does his inevitable and any-day-now-for-the-past-several-years death strike such a chord?

The optimism, the positivity, the change, the opening up, the justice, the independence, the betterment of the nation, the internationalisation that Whitlam sought and represented has been replaced after four decades with a more general negativity, with so little ambition, with a conservative determination to uphold the status quo or even return to some earlier imagination of it, with white-bread nationalism resplendent.

I fear we don't mourn Gough, but ourselves."

http://www.smh.com.au/business/we-d...-ourselves-20141021-1195kc.html#ixzz3Gjxkqhro

Another new poll out, Great! But WTF ... Crazy Time in Crazy Town.

OK, so I've got a landline, but can someone explain to me, if the samples are random (usually of about 1200 contacts) how one phone number can be contacted by different firms three times (at least) in one week, over several weeks? Some have been repeats by the same firms over several weeks. Is it me? If you hang up on them do they throw you back in the bin, or in a special one to be tortured with repeat call backs?

I'm in Ward 27 (Wong Tam's) so could they be focusing on traditionally "progressive" wards to see if we're trending to Tory or returning to Chow? Also got a robo-call from another candidate who started out announcing the electorate is "looking for a change" and announcing her support for JT. Can't wait for Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back