8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Betsy Powell @powellbetsy
Ford says his campaign's internal polling numbers show him in a dead heat with John Tory.

I think Doug's lying to convince supporters that he has a chance so they show up to the polls.

These internal polls are really just an excuse for the candidate to hear what they want to hear. So far we've had Sarah Thompson get a 15% in her internal poll. We've had Andray Domise claim to be tied with Ford on his internal poll. Tory's internal poll had Ford sitting in 3rd place. And now Ford is claiming to be in a dead heat with Tory.

@arlenebishop
If the rumours are true, Doug Ford is offering money for votes. If true, I hope someone brave comes forward.
View attachment 36275

Ok total tinfoil har time but ...

Is there some reason, other than bombastic ego, one would resort to buying votes in order to maintain office? Is there a more compelling reason why one MUST stay in office?

They didn't just rip up the middle of the road, they ripped up the sides in some places! Folks, c'est le désastre de la Canebière!

Just like they've done at home here in Toronto on Cherry St (of course it is a very short street car line)

These internal polls are really just an excuse for the candidate to hear what they want to hear. So far we've had Sarah Thompson get a 15% in her internal poll. We've had Andray Domise claim to be tied with Ford on his internal poll. Tory's internal poll had Ford sitting in 3rd place. And now Ford is claiming to be in a dead heat with Tory.

But remember in 2010 Kouvalis released his internal results to Now and they were almost spot on with the final result when most of the other pollsters were way off. My friend from Tory's campaign won't share their figures but hinted that they'd win by a big margin. I think they want to keep the anti-Ford movement scared so they're more motivated to turn out and vote.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 35s36 seconds ago
Doug Ford is on TV falsely saying Toronto has more cranes in the sky than New York and like five other cities combined.
Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 38s39 seconds ago
Ford then falsely says "tourism is exploding." He's mixing up two statistics. Actual numbers are essentially "flat," Tourism Toronto says.
Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 27s28 seconds ago
And CP24 cuts away. This concludes your fact-check of one minute of Doug Ford On Television.

Even CP2Ford has heard enough apparently! Actually, they cut to scene in Ottawa.

Last edited:
Ok total tinfoil har time but ...

Is there some reason, other than bombastic ego, one would resort to buying votes in order to maintain office? Is there a more compelling reason why one MUST stay in office?

I've thrown this out a few times. Because your a front man for a crime family.

Ok total tinfoi time but ...

Pure vindication. I think winning at all costs is the force here. Can't stand losing to a guy like Tory or worse, a woman. Also mom said so.

Agreed, thanks sweetlou. Maybe you can record these thoughts on positive aspects of door knocking in Ward 2, using a gentle voice and maybe some soft guitar in the background, and we can all use them to lull ourselves to sleep at night.

Classical guitar lessons commence Tuesday morning, basic. Assuming a three-peat Ford defeat.

betsy powell ‏@powellbetsy 1m1 minute ago
Senior says there's Mel Lastman Square where will Ford Square be. "God willing I'll be back in 4 years and you and I can pick out a square."

Delusional.

betsy powell ‏@powellbetsy 1m1 minute ago
Senior says there's Mel Lastman Square where will Ford Square be. "God willing I'll be back in 4 years and you and I can pick out a square."

Delusional.

I am all for commemorating this man with something appropriate, like a new streetcar line, bike lane and/or bike shower or I don't know, a bunch of umbrellas. Wait, I know, a certain rest facility at Cherry Beach is apparently well built and as yet nameless.

That, or Casa Loma, since he was apparently the King of something or another.

AoD

Last edited:
I don't know how many people watched ER back in the day, but one doctor played by Paul Crane was a nasty character who was openly homophobic towards a fellow doctor who was lesbian. He died (in a hilarious way) and his will donated $1 million to the hospital, so they opened up a program to benefit the LGBT community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back