News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if anyone feels like googling, there's an FB comment from December 2012. Although it's a public comment, I won't link it here, because I don't want to edge towards invading anyone's privacy.

Why not just post the text here, without the link?

Oscar Levant on Milton Berle when he converted to Christian Science: “Our loss is their loss.â€

'They raise the average IQ in both countries.'
-former New Zealand PM Robert Muldoon on his compatriots who emigrated to Australia.

FAS is a spectrum, so he could be on the low end, who knows. Anyway his having a disability possibly, or his being 20, unqualified and/or possibly not having a high school diploma -- none of those things bother me on their own merits. What does bother me is him being silenced by his uncle and winning on nothing more than recognition of his name.

On the bright side, I suspect that Tiffany Ford (a woman of colour with no relation to the Fords) also benefited from Ford name recognition in winning her trustee seat in York West.

Robin Pilkey CPA with a heart (We Hope)

I was worried about what her politics would be, but her Bio doesn't look too bad:

"Robin lives in Swansea with her husband and three children. All three attend public secondary schools in Toronto.

For the past four years Robin has chaired TDSB Trustee Atkinson’s Ward 7 Council, which is made up of parent representatives from each of the TDSB schools in the ward. She has previously chaired parent advisory committees at Swansea Public School and Western Technical-Commercial High School.

Robin has successfully led and completed multi-faceted projects, delivering results with superior organizational skills and a no-nonsense approach. Her energy and strong sense of fairness are admired by everyone she meets. She has taken leadership roles with each voluntary position she has held.

She has represented the regional United Church in the areas of governance, human resources and property portfolio management, working with many local congregations.Other volunteer activities include running free income tax clinics through CPA Ontario in the Jane/Finch area of the city for the last 10 years.

Robin is a Chartered Professional Accountant with 25 years of experience. She is currently in private practice with a specialty in tax consulting. Robin is a graduate of McGill University.

Robin welcomes the opportunity to represent you as your Toronto District School Board Trustee
."

Why not just post the text here, without the link?

K. It's nothing special, just further proof that she's a real Ford supporter. Not that it really matters. I kinda feel sorry for her, since she's obviously drunk the kool-aid and seems to be truly devastated by the election results.

Mayor Ford invites Toronto residents to welcome in the New Year
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and City Councillors are inviting residents to join them at the Mayor's New Year's Levee that will be held at City Hall on Tuesday, January 1, 2013.
This traditional levee marks the start of the New Year and gives residents an opportunity to exchange greetings with the Mayor and City Councillors.
Date: Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Time: 2 to 4 p.m.
Come and say Hi Toronto!

Penny Morrison HAPPY NEW YEAR TO U AND YOUR FAMILY ROB, MAY U PROSPER AND BE IN HEALTH IN 2013 and always, love penny xo
December 28, 2012 at 6:29pm

I was worried about what her politics would be, but her Bio doesn't look too bad:

It looks better than Mikey's, and she has good endorsements:
http://robinpilkey.com/?page_id=234

I support our councillor, and she supports Ms. Pilkey:
“Robin and I have both raised our families in Swansea and worked together for our community. She understands the complex issues at the TDSB, such as budget constraints, deteriorating facilities and overcrowded schools. Robin is my choice for Public School Trustee because she will take the time to study the issues and make the tough decisions that will be necessary to keep the TDSB moving forward into the next decade and beyond.” – Sarah Doucette, City Councillor for Ward 13

Last edited:
Lamport Davenport - they've done gone and sold your suite!

Wow! So that's why Fred Gardiner never gave back the key! He's probably pocketed the $ too. Wonder if he had a word with Doug Ford and stacked a committee vote somewhere.

Tell you what, I'd jump at the chance to get a RY suite for $140K. No metropass for one thing. Walk everywhere. I'd be so downtown in the old Toronto that I love, I'd be A-list Elite with a capital Eh! It would be bigger than my old studio apartment on Jackes Ave.

Now that I've got Mrs Davenport (née Chesterfield) and the two kids, I'd try to buy 3 or 4 suites. Even if they weren't connected, you could still be just across the hall or whatever. A bit of privacy if you need it, but togetherness if you want it. I knew a couple of UK families who rented 2 and 3 adjacent downtown apartments as their teenagers grew into young adults rather than buy a suburban house. Worked a treat for them.

Among a dozen negatives, one lone comment below the column supporting Worms/Rofo... by "Kathy Ford".

Shame on you who voted Tory. If you had voted Ford, Doug would be in office and Robbie would have something to live for, instead, you cruel ppl voted on a bunch of lies the mafia owned media published. Shame, shame, shame!

For potential timelines, I went back and looked up Rob Ford's previous COI case. That was filed in March 2012, went to court in September 2012, and the decision was handed down in November 2012.

So: six months from complaint to court, two more months for the decision.

Jude filed on September 19.

April 1 is a weekday in 2015...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back