8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/SueAnnLevy/status/528265101590409217

You can guess the responses by reasonable people after she posted this crap. And of course she has to mention that she's got a book coming out.

This might be her most misguided comparison yet. People knew nothing of Ghomeshi until last week, when he decided to try to get out in front of it before leaving town. Ford had a habit of wandering into the public eye to do stupid shit and then when it seemed to become really egregious, he denied it, lied about it, lied about lying, admitted it in a qualified way ('the right questions') and blamed his bad habits on each other (crack, because alcohol).

Not to diminish the awfulness of what he's accused of doing, but I can't even imagine Ghomeshi saying something like 'it's in the past' or 'let me focus on my work, everything else is personal'.

Not to diminish the awfulness of what he's accused of doing, but I can't even imagine Ghomeshi saying something like 'it's in the past' or 'let me focus on my work, everything else is personal'.

Actually, that's pretty much exactly what he said on his Facebook posting.

Actually, that's pretty much exactly what he said on his Facebook posting.

Well, in the sense that he said he had 'proved' to management that it was all consensual and that he claimed he was being targeted. Which I guess makes him similar to Ford after all.

I am a bit curious as to why DiFo was present today though. Working the new councillors, perhaps?

AoD

Possibly something more mundane. I recall a media story reporting that DiFo was Decorator-in-Charge of Rob's meryl suite. Perhaps she dropped in today to supervise the packing up of her Aisle 5 Ming vases and other tchotckes.

I am guessing to help him pick out which councillor's office he would like to switch with.

Isn't the one he is going to next to the mayor's?

"Only a wall stands between Doug Ford’s office and the one belonging to his younger brother, the mayor-elect, at city hall. And there almost wasn’t even that.
On Nov. 3, Rob Ford’s transition team contacted the city’s facilities management division to inquire how much it would cost to build a door between the two offices. The link would give Ford direct access to the mayor’s desk.
In the end, the team decided to abandon the idea, but the intention was telling."
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2010/11/22/city_hall_rookies_2010_doug_ford.html

Last edited:
I am guessing to help him pick out which councillor's office he would like to switch with.

Makes me wonder if Ward 2's office was always beside the Mayor's office, or did Doug make someone move 4 years ago so he could be closer to his beloved younger brother, and the reins of power, of course.

From an authority no less than Joe Warmington "Brother Randy Ford was once before the courts on a drug charge and alleged kidnapping. Records of the outcome of the case could not be found."

Joe Warmington, Investigative Reporter Extraordinaire.

Toronto Star 12 Dec 1986
unnamed.jpg

Toronto Star 25 Sep 1987 page A19
unnamed (1).jpg

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 598
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 743
^ Anna, you are a blessing. Thank-you for the research you do for us.

Makes me wonder if Ward 2's office was always beside the Mayor's office, or did Doug make someone move 4 years ago so he could be closer to his beloved younger brother, and the reins of power, of course.

With 44 wards it would be quite a coincidence if Ward 2 just happened to be next to the mayor's office.

Last edited:

I suspect so. I recall reading somewhere that, back in his councillor days, he could hear conversations in the mayor's boardroom which was right next to his office and that sometimes he could even hear his name mentioned.

And to answer Casita's post, councillors can also switch offices with another as long as both agree.

I'm just guessing Robbie might want to switch with someone. Either that or Tory has to install better sound insulation.

Isn't the one he is going to next to the mayor's?

"Only a wall stands between Doug Ford’s office and the one belonging to his younger brother, the mayor-elect, at city hall. And there almost wasn’t even that.
On Nov. 3, Rob Ford’s transition team contacted the city’s facilities management division to inquire how much it would cost to build a door between the two offices. The link would give Ford direct access to the mayor’s desk.
In the end, the team decided to abandon the idea, but the intention was telling."
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2010/11/22/city_hall_rookies_2010_doug_ford.html

I'm getting really annoyed at all these papers demanding a shit ton of money to read articles. boo.

Possibly something more mundane. I recall a media story reporting that DiFo was Decorator-in-Charge of Rob's meryl suite. Perhaps she dropped in today to supervise the packing up of her Aisle 5 Ming vases and other tchotckes.

She picked the right day - all tricks, no treat, and it's all pretty scary.

I am sure those beside Mammo the nutcase would be eager.

AoD

Last edited:
I'm not sure that translates to popular appeal or political savvy. He seems like the least urban(e) of the brothers and it's not just the hat. Does anyone know if he lives with/near the others?

Randy lives in the house he grew up in, in Diane's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back