News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone here posting as "Kathy Ford" on the Sun website? People are actually posting questions to test if it's her. Good work whoever he/she is, some of the postings are quite clever.

If the contributions from this person are at all clever, then that's pretty much proof positive that it's not Kathy.

If the contributions from this person are at all clever, then that's pretty much proof positive that it's not Kathy.

It's not Kathy, I suspect like Rob she doesn't use a computer. I just wondered if it was the same person from UT that was "Bumbaclot" for a while on the Sun site. Does anyone remember who the UTer was? It's done with the same kind of humour and it's hilarious how many people treat it seriously.

If Diane needs companionship, I'm sure she can be the judge of that.

Totally see what you did there.

Also, I feel no compunction about ridiculing a man who, at 52, runs a multi-million dollar inherited business, <allegedly> skips out on child support to a special needs kid, and lives with Mommy. Even Robbie said about the arrangement, "Randy's got it made".

Key issue here thanks to Rob and Doug, is that trusting them to perform those duties without asking them to account even for days never mind minutes.

My example of the atomic clock may have been a bit extreme, but an itinerary might be a nice gesture of respect for taxpayers.

Gregor Robertson and Rob Ford — a tale of two itineraries

By Pete McMartin, Vancouver Sun columnist May 24, 2013
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Pe...+itineraries/8432818/story.html#ixzz3HphNclJq

Slightly off-topic (hey, what here isn't).

Had a Forum phone poll this morning.
They were asking about provincial voting in the next Ontario election.
Then they asked how I'd vote if the Conservative leader was each of:
Patrick Brown
Vic Fideli
Monte McNaughton
Doug Ford
Christine Elliot
Lisa MacLeod
gosh, I haven't even heard of some of those folks!

I wonder who is funding this. Doug Ford would be my bet, given the others are declared candidates.

In other questions, they also asked how I'd vote if the NDP provincial leader was Olivia Chow.

And they did approve/disapprove of the performance of Wynne, Horwath, and someone by the name of Jim Wilson - who I confess I haven't heard of.

They also asked about approval of the new Ontario Pension Plan, if I had a pension plan (not sure if the answer is yes if my company contributes to my RRSP), and if I thought we were all going to die from Ebola (!?) and we should ban people from certain Africa countries from arriving in Canada. Okay then ...

Rob Ford's cancer: What doctors may try next

Surgery 'only known curative therapy' for mayor's liposarcoma

The aggressive form of cancer Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is battling is typically treated with a minimum of four rounds of chemotherapy and a maximum of six before the tumour is reassessed with a scan, a U.S. oncologist says.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/rob-ford-s-cancer-what-doctors-may-try-next-1.2820206

My example of the atomic clock may have been a bit extreme, but an itinerary might be a nice gesture of respect for taxpayers.

Gregor Robertson and Rob Ford — a tale of two itineraries

By Pete McMartin, Vancouver Sun columnist May 24, 2013
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Pe...+itineraries/8432818/story.html#ixzz3HphNclJq

Yep. Let's see if JTory is more forthright and transparent. I already know what Rob's real gesture of respect for taxpayers is.
rob-ford-blowing-kiss.jpg

And there's something really wrong when the satirical itinerary has more info than most of Rob's real itinerary.

I don't know why anyone would think politicians punch timecards. Management doesn't punch timecards.

Politicians are not management.

I used to work in Oshawa. Teddy's was a weekly tradition in my office!

I've only been to Teddy's a couple of times, and only because others insisted that we go. But, I know it's very popular.

An interesting thing about teddy bears. It seems that Rob had that quality for many. Mikey may also have that quality. Doug seems to lack it. Perhaps why Karla, during the "Joodism" interview ( "We feared persecution.” ) said of Doug, “He’s

like a big teddy bear." And as if to prove it added, "He gets his chocolate milk every night.”

Politicians are not management.

I never envied city management. Years ago, they cut the budget of the department I worked for. They fired exactly ten members of management in a single day to cut costs. Terminated, not laid off. Not a single union member was touched.

Every member of city management has a boss watching them. And that boss has a boss. All the way up the chain of command.

Rob only answers to the taxpayers, and it seems many would still vote for him, or Doug or Mikey or ...?

Last edited:
Rob Ford has been and continues to be such a toxic scourge on Toronto, Ontario, and Canada that I have no hesitation in saying that I endorse any means of removing him -- short of a criminal offense (no threat implied or intended here). Sadly, two in one million a year develop what he has and if someone has to get it, it might as well be him.

I'm not as hard-nosed as you, but I don't feel sympathy/empathy for Rob. People were beaten and shot in the fallout over the revelations about the first crack video. Rob could have prevented much, if not all of this, had he told the truth at the outset. Instead, he lied for many months. I take that to mean he doesn't care too much about other people when the shit hits the fan. So, no warm hearts here. My interest in his condition is only about finding out about how/when this soap opera will end. I do feel badly for his kids, though.

Politicians are more like a board of directors. No time cards at that level, either.

Item 2 would be appreciated.

Here is the full Code of Conduct John Tory signed.

LEADING A GREAT CITY

1. I will respect and defend our laws, not break them. I will act with the highest degree of integrity, honesty and professionalism that public office demands. In short, I will respect the law.

2. I will show up for work each day to get things done, and I will do this in a transparent manner. This includes keeping a weekly schedule that is public and easily accessible.

3. I will conduct, at a minimum, a weekly press availability that is open and honest. Fostering meaningful and open civic dialogue requires a Mayor who answers questions – not runs from them.

MAKE CITY COUNCIL WORK FOR TORONTO

4. I will build and promote strong working relationships with neighbouring municipalities and other levels of government without regard to their political stripe. Torontonians want tangible and meaningful results and that means working together.

5. I will mend relationships and build bridges in a divided City Council by working with every member on an issue-by-issue basis. The outcome needs to reflect a desire to make life better for Torontonians.

6. I will not compile an enemies list. Torontonians do not want a party system at city hall. I will use the mayor’s office to work with people, not carry on old fights.

7. I will always treat city staff with respect and professionalism. A Mayor can be tough and decisive without being overbearing and brash.

RESPECT TAXPAYERS WITH ACTIONS, NOT JUST WORDS

8. I will ensure that city resources are used exclusively for city business by tightening spending rules and oversight mechanisms. Not one public penny will be used on personal matters. 9. I will introduce real penalties for elected officials and public servants who abuse the privileges, responsibilities and trust that accompany public service. We work for Torontonians — not the other way around.

10. I will require all lobbyists to register in order to make our system more fair and accountable, including leveling the playing field for union lobbyists.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/03/john-tory-code-of-conduct-targets-rob-ford

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back