News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 2003

Tory cleared in Nunziata bribery allegations

"Under Ontario's Municipal Elections Act, it's forbidden to offer a candidate a job in return for dropping out. But the law says nothing about offering money."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/tory-cleared-in-nunziata-bribery-allegations-1.408077

I guess there's 2 ways to look at it: 1) JT wouldn't be stupid enough to put himself through an investigation a second time or 2) given no consequences the first time, no reason to hold back again.

Interesting how similar the 2 scenarios are.

I thought I read in the exchange that Stintz made the allegation on 1010 interview. Wonder if MINO is behind this. Remember the flustered meeting? Probably untrue but there are points to speculate on :)

Last edited:
Did Stintz tell Joe what Rob told her just before she dropped out of the race?

Looks like this story is losing traction. Probably just noise. If true it would be all over the news.

That would explain why Stintz was so flustered when she left Ford's office -- she realized that the Fords were only offering her $5,000.

I guess there's 2 ways to look at it: 1) JT wouldn't be stupid enough to put himself through an investigation a second time or 2) given no consequences the first time, no reason to hold back again.

Interesting how similar the 2 scenarios are.

I thought I read in the exchange that Stintz made the allegation on 1010 interview. Wonder if MINO is behind this. Remember the flustered meeting? Probably untrue but there are points to speculate on :)

I was thinking either he was stupid enough to do that again, thinking he was being either magnanamous or a douche, or the others knew about the nunziata thing and are trying to make this something.

I was thinking either he was stupid enough to do that again, thinking he was being either magnanamous or a douche, or the others knew about the nunziata thing and are trying to make this something.

IHTWOMRF was talking about this scenario long before Stintz actually dropped out (their plan included Stintz endorsing Tory, and somehow all of her votes would magically transfer to him), so I take this as basically a line of BS that's been spread around enough Ford Nation that Warmington and the Fords are trying to use it to illegitimize Tory's mayoralty; even though I believe JT's margin of success far outnumbers the Stintz polling numbers.

IHTWOMRF was talking about this scenario long before Stintz actually dropped out (their plan included Stintz endorsing Tory, and somehow all of her votes would magically transfer to him), so I take this as basically a line of BS that's been spread around enough Ford Nation that Warmington and the Fords are trying to use it to illegitimize Tory's mayoralty; even though I believe JT's margin of success far outnumbers the Stintz polling numbers.

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the simplest.

What would the upside be for Tory be here? Stintz was what polling at 2% before she dropped out in September? (As a point of note: Are Goldkind got 3,900 votes...)

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the simplest.

What would the upside be for Tory be here? Stintz was what polling at 2% before she dropped out in September? (As a point of note: Are Goldkind got 3,900 votes...)

Exactly the point I was trying to make last night. Looking at the numbers with fresh eyes this morning... I think she was closer 4 %, and Socks had about 4% too, FWTW. The polls after she dropped out had Tory & Ford up a couple each, but the undecideds dropped by about 9+ points (more than the gain of Ford & Tory combined.) Stinz's support didn't clearly go anywhere, and she never endorsed anyone either.

CP24 @CP24
Coun. Karen Stintz is speaking with Nneka Elliott on CP24 now. Tune in to watch LIVE.

Yeah...

CP24 @CP24
Stintz responding to suggestions that have surfaced this week that she was offered money by the Tory campaign to step aside.
CP24 @CP24
"There was no deal to drop out," Stintz says.

Well, that settles that!

CP24 @CP24
Stintz says she still has $35,000 of personal campaign debt to pay down.

CP24 @CP24
Stintz says discussions about helping her pay off her campaign debt only took place after she had dropped out of the race.

Last edited:
Stintz's response seems very plausible. If you're polling in single digits late in the game against 3 "big names", aren't getting enough donations to continue and already have tens of thousands of dollars of personal debt, why bother to continue the race.

CP24 @CP24
Stintz says she still has $35,000 of personal campaign debt to pay down.

While you're at it, how about paying back the billion dollars that your subway stunt costed the city thanks to your failed mayoral campaign.

Stintz's response seems very plausible. If you're polling in single digits late in the game against 3 "big names", aren't getting enough donations to continue and already have tens of thousands of dollars of personal debt, why bother to continue the race.

Warmington spreading lies and BS again. What a tool.

Oddly, probably no. There is an interesting echo from 2003 and Tory and Nunziata*... and keep in mind who's buddies with Nunziata. The whole thing is pretty ripe off the bat coming from Fords point comms guy Worms, and you have to consider who has the most to potentially gain from this bullshit... Don't lose your extra hour over it.

*http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/tory-cleared-in-nunziata-bribery-allegations-1.408077

That Tory/Stintz rumour has been floating around IHTWOMRF a long while now. One commenter has been agitating heavily to get the item picked up by the media....I guess it is getting closer to fruition with the twiiter banter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back