News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like this thread is slowly dying...we need another bomb to keep it going!

I have to say though it's great not to constantly hear about Rob and Doug.

I thought that too. It's been rather cold turkey. We still have the COI. I imagine Jian took some TPS resources... Anyone hear how the Jersey court appearance went?

Just change the name of thread to Councilllor Rob Ford's Ward 2...and then we can nitpick the perhaps 20 motions a year that are brought to EYCC...won't it fun delving into encroachments, garden exemptions, fence exemptions, grandfathered driveway widenings, three and four way stops, traffic control in school zones, fire route designations and highway alterations....just think of how many petitions R Ford will be presenting from across the city at the start of each City Council meeting....just think of how deeply we can research the Section 37, 42 and 45 agreements that come in Ward 2 over the next four years....

To take a page from the Extended Star Wars Universe... lets call Ward 2 "The Ford Remnant"

Looks like this thread is slowly dying...we need another bomb to keep it going!

I have to say though it's great not to constantly hear about Rob and Doug.

I think if this thread is going to continue, the traffic will obviously be reduced and the title may need to be changed to 'Aftermath of Ford mayoralty' or 'The Fords, post-mayoralty'.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 53s53 seconds ago
Fire alarm going off in #Toronto City Hall. All occupants of East Tower's 5th, 6th & 7th floors being asked to exit the building #TOpoli

Most political fire alarm ever!

Did anyone get an email? Presser announced? Lisi's Range Rover in the vicinity? Is anyone scratching themselves?

Just change the name of thread to Councilllor Rob Ford's Ward 2...and then we can nitpick the perhaps 20 motions a year that are brought to EYCC...won't it fun delving into encroachments, garden exemptions, fence exemptions, grandfathered driveway widenings, three and four way stops, traffic control in school zones, fire route designations and highway alterations....just think of how many petitions R Ford will be presenting from across the city at the start of each City Council meeting....just think of how deeply we can research the Section 37, 42 and 45 agreements that come in Ward 2 over the next four years....

Would Councilor Rob ver 1.5 do that though, realistic odds of it happening I mean. To me at least councilor Rob 1.0 was mostly a Lone Wolf baying out one note, in the key of F-major and minor. But what wondrous variations he got out of that one note performance. There was Rob being fairly sedate voting no. There was Righteous Anger Rob thundering No! No to All Ye Snakes and Weasels! There was Rob and Mammo feuding and friending, friending and feuding, honestly it should've been filmed as a municipal version of Paris and Nicole's reality show.

Or would Rob's victory speech hints be followed up, Rob taking up the mantle that nobody asked but by gum someone's gotta do it, to be that of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition to Tyrant Tory? If Tory will not let Ford into his playdate group, then would Rob still have the strength (cancer remember, always remember, cancer maketh one a saint) to piss on everyone else's cheerios to make sure if Rob is not happy, no one else is. Fair is fair after all.

A question for Rob Ford's Toronto post -apocalypse: be it resolved that the middle class as we knew it voted for Chow. Problem was, they've all moved away...

When the middle class "disappears" where do they go? Do they just crawl over to a pit somewhere and die, dinosaur-style? Somehow I don't think so. Any thoughts?

Not much but a little morsel to keep the thread going.

Cynthia Amsden @CynthiaAmsden · 33m 33 minutes ago
Ok Toronto- Research on Rob Ford's illegal campaigning at voting stations has begun. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO (dates, names. photos) contact me

Cynthia Amsden @CynthiaAmsden · 56m 56 minutes ago
Election over, dust settling, but some transgressions need follow up. Lawyers being contacted.

A question for Rob Ford's Toronto post -apocalypse: be it resolved that the middle class as we knew it voted for Chow. Problem was, they've all moved away...

When the middle class "disappears" where do they go? Do they just crawl over to a pit somewhere and die, dinosaur-style? Somehow I don't think so. Any thoughts?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/article772689.ece

http://www.thestar.com/news/queensp...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

About a quarter — 26 per cent — said they expect Elliott to win the Conservative leadership compared to 18 per cent who think Ford would take it should he decide to run.
MPP Lisa MacLeod (Nepean-Carleton) was at 7 per cent while the other three declared candidates MPPs Vic Fedeli (Nipissing) and Monte McNaughton (Lambton-Kent-Middlesex) and MP Patrick Brown (Barrie) were each at 5 per cent.
More than one-third — 35 per cent — said they didn’t know who would win

Of course, the leadership race is not open to voters, just party members.

Last edited:
You can't just call it Ward 2 - remember that in his 'victory' speech he promised to keep working for every Torontonian regardless of where they lived.

That is why I mentioned petitions...You do remember the knock down drag outs between A Vaughan and R Ford regarding petitions presented by R Ford that had to do with Ward 20 specifically...eg Kensington parking...

Not really a bomb or anything, but just realized that the reason Kouvalis looks so familiar is that I knew him in his previous life. Worked with him about 20 or so years ago - didn't make the connection because he's lost about 150 pounds. Funny how things change - never would have pegged him as the 'smartest guy in the room'...

Was he playing politics then? Or was this a completely different line of work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back