News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any reason to doubt it went to charity. Now, exactly what kind of charity and who runs it is another question. Given his families interest in politics, I would guess 99% will have gone toward political contributions over the last 4 years.

Among other things, there were numerous opportunities to donate during recent Municipal and Provincial election campaigns. Would you really doubt that he donated heavily to the Rob Ford election campaign?

>>>> In my book political contributions are not really considered charity. In Doug's book, probably though.

I don't see any reason to doubt it went to charity. Now, exactly what kind of charity and who runs it is another question. Given his families interest in politics, I would guess 99% will have gone toward political contributions over the last 4 years.

Among other things, there were numerous opportunities to donate during recent Municipal and Provincial election campaigns. Would you really doubt that he donated heavily to the Rob Ford election campaign?

>>>> In my book political contributions are not really considered charity. In Doug's book, probably though.

I can't see him doing it without grandstanding about it, and using it for political gain. He would use it for everything he could squeeze out of it. No way is he donating his salary and we're not hearing about it in detail. Doug just isn't that humble.

Fitting? Sorta yeah, sorta not.

Ideally, in stories, the hideous monster at some point has to get it shoved in his face just how hideous he's been, before he either (a) suffers very hard in a way that suits his crimes or (b) has the grace and wisdom to repent (e.g., Scrooge). I can't be the only one who thinks this way about RoFo.

I just had incredible difficulty imagining RoFo as Marley to Dofo's Scrooge. Thanks for putting the thought in my head.

Sorry for the rather messy cut and paste. The Twitter link is here.
https://twitter.com/shaunempire/status/531146650115653632

As always, Doug Ford is the only former council member to donate his severance pay.
10:10 AM - 8 Nov 2014

John Bianchin ‏@ClassicVintages · 22h22 hours ago
@shaunempire Has anyone ever seen proof? Something tells me if there were, Dougie would be waving it in the air for all to see. #TOpoli

Robert Haworth ‏@RobertHaworth2 · 20h20 hours ago
@shaunempire can you point to a formal documentation that he donates his salary? To who? Or do you "just believe him"? #topoli

Shaun Empire ‏@shaunempire · 2h2 hours ago
@RobertHaworth2 getting desperate there buddy. Wow.

Shaun Empire ‏@shaunempire · 2h2 hours ago
@RobertHaworth2 don't worry. The Red Star would be digging through his garbage and hanging out in his backyard to prove him a liar..

Robert Haworth ‏@RobertHaworth2 · 1h1 hour ago
@shaunempire I just asked a simple question & you deflected: how do you KNOW he donates salary? Do you "just believe" him? Yes? #topoli

Robert Haworth ‏@RobertHaworth2 · 1h1 hour ago
@shaunempire and also this: do you believe all councillors should donate their salary? #topoli

Shaun Empire ‏@shaunempire · 1h1 hour ago
@ClassicVintages After donating his salary for the last 4 years you would think Toronto liberal sheep would have already cried fowl #nicetry

Shaun Empire ‏@shaunempire · 1h1 hour ago
@ClassicVintages I'm sure you voted for Wynne. Goes to show how ignorant you are. You ate those lies up without question. #typicalsheep

John Bianchin ‏@ClassicVintages · 1h1 hour ago
@shaunempire @ClassicVintages There's just such a long list of shit to cry foul over with that moron. No worries, we will get to it. #TOpoli

nicole ‏@NicoleTanguay2 · 55m55 minutes ago
@RobertHaworth2 @shaunempire I would like to see some evidence that he gave his wage away.

Robert Haworth ‏@RobertHaworth2 · 15m15 minutes ago
@shaunempire it's a pretty simple question: do you simply "just believe" DF when he claims he donates his salary? #topoli @ClassicVintages

I can't see him doing it without grandstanding about it, and using it for political gain. He would use it for everything he could squeeze out of it. No way is he donating his salary and we're not hearing about it in detail. Doug just isn't that humble.

So, you don't think that Doug regularly contributes to the Ontario Conservative Party? And did not donate to Rob Ford's or even Doug Ford's mayoral campaigns?

One reason not to prove it (aside from the fact he has no obligation to do so) is that due to limits many of the political donations were probably not in his name.

Last edited:
So, you don't think that Doug regularly contributes to the Ontario Conservative Party? And did not donate to Rob Ford's or even Doug Ford's mayoral campaigns?

One reason not to prove it (aside from the fact he has no obligation to do so) is that due to limits many of the political donations were probably not in his name.

Doug said he would donate his salary to charity, so yes, I think he should have to prove it if he uses it as a camping statement.
Somehow, I don't think a donation to the OCP is the same as giving it to the Salvation Army or the Cancer Society.
Bottom line, I don't believe anything Doug says.

Doug said he would donate his salary to charity, so yes, I think he should have to prove it if he uses it as a camping statement.
Somehow, I don't think a donation to the OCP is the same as giving it to the Salvation Army or the Cancer Society.
Bottom line, I don't believe anything Doug says.

I don't believe it either. He's a chronic liar. He's such a showboater he would have screamed it loud and clear if he donated anything significant.

... the twist is entirely fitting. Rob has never failed to amaze, surprise and infuriate. That's just how he rolls.

Note to the person compiling a book out of this thread: the above is one of the Really Good Sentences. You oughta use it. :)

There have been some fine words uttered, erm, keyed over the past few months. I wish the search worked better cuz I'd like to call them out.

You Folks are great.

Last edited:
I'm learning a lesson in crowd behaviour from this initiative out of RFMG. As I understand it, Cynthia Amsden was asking for perhaps 3000 to 4000 people to contribute a Loonie or a Toonie to pay legal fees to lodge a complaint against St Rofo for yet more illegal activities.

Our user-pay justice system is amazing! Totally out of the 18th century when politics was only for landowning, moneyed classes. It doesn't even fit a modern definition of democracy. It actually puts South America into perspective. Just bribing someone to get the job done is cheaper and more efficient. Basically the same thing.

So far about $500 has been raised from 18 people, including my lousy $10. (Admittedly, there are 40 days to go.)

I'd actually be willing to part with up to $100 for this caper, if I were sure it would end up in a successful lodgement, and not in a charity kitty, as I think it will. Crikey, remember the $200,000 Gawker raised for the first crack video?

If this had been pre-cancer, say around August 1, after a triumphant return from Spahab and about a month of Ford brazen lies and BS, I think it would have been easy to raise the money in a matter of days. Attitudes change, don't they? To me, it's a little WTF?, though.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/teach-rob-ford-a-lesson

Last edited:
I don't want that. I don't want him to fuck up on a grand scale merely for our enjoyment and entertainment. I think we've reached the climax. If his cancer is as serious as we're lead to believe then he'll go out with not a bang but a whimper. I don't wish either a bang or a whimper on him, though.

He's been doing nothing but banging and whimpering for the last four years.

Totally agree.

If this had been pre-cancer, say around August 1, after a triumphant return from Spahab and about a month of Ford brazen lies and BS, I think it would have been easy to raise the money in a matter of days. Attitudes change, don't they? To me, it's a little WTF?, though.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/teach-rob-ford-a-lesson

I think you've nailed it, right here. His cancer (and not having a Ford as Mayor) have altered attitudes a good deal.

^ So the ill-will towards Rofo didn't really transfer over to Doug (he had his own, thank you). Once he handed over the meryl run to his brother, he effectively resigned.

Since he was MINO, and by his own choice was campaigning all 2014 and not mayorin', there was nothing left.

^Pretty much, I'd say. Doug didn't have all the same baggage, of course...but also didn't have enough of the same whatever-it-was-that-attracted-some-FOLKS-to-Rob. Interesting that not all of that transferred either. Thank heavens for small mercies :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back