News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think they'll wait that long? Doug will be braying about it on his way out of the hospital after getting the news.

Actually, according to Ford tradition this happens much earlier. When the time comes Rob, son of Doug Sr., will summon Mikey, son of it doesn't really matter, to his bedside and ask him to perform the ritual Fordian ceremony of Hegh'bat.
Rob will ask Mikey to hand him a two foot long serrated crack pipe. After a ceremonial final call to a constituent Rob will plunge the crack pipe into his own distended heart. Mikey then lets out a ritual scream to warn the press gallery of Sto'Vo'Kor that his uncle is coming.
As a final act Hotmail Lawyer witnesses while Mikey signs the nomination form using his uncle's blood. Diane then passes Warmington's leash over to Mikey, signalling that the transfer of power is compete.
Mikey is driven to City Hall by Sandro Lisi and takes his seat in Council Chambers.
At some point there will of course be a vote in Ward 2 but that's a mere formality.

Last edited:
Ah yessssss. What a mind. Animatronic I hope a demented but benevolent bunny brings you all manner of pagan fertility fetishes. I'm not much of a Christian but I love a stat holiday and a big meal. Happy Easter to all you UTers. You are often the best part of my day..
ETA Happy Pay Sach!

Last edited:
I mentioned the COI court case to a friend on fri. He said "The one where ford is being sued for a million for the jailhouse beating?" Well noooo. Is that one still live? I actually forgot that one.

Last edited:
I mentioned the COI court case to a friend on fri. He said "The one where ford is being sued for a million for the jailhouse beating?" Well noooo. Is that none still live? I actually forgot that one.

IIRC those were dropped cause the victim withdrew. I'll be corrected if I'm wrong I hope ;)

FYI

towhey 10:24am via Twitter for iPhone
For those who've asked: "Mayor Rob Ford: Uncontrollable" will be in book stores Oct. 6. For those who haven't, also Oct. 6. Weird, eh?

Actually, according to Ford tradition this happens much earlier. When the time comes Rob, son of Doug Sr., will summon Mikey, son of it doesn't really matter, to his bedside and ask him to perform the ritual Fordian ceremony of Hegh'bat.
Rob will ask Mikey to hand him a two foot long serrated crack pipe. After a ceremonial final call to a constituent Rob will plunge the crack pipe into his own distended heart. Mikey then lets out a ritual scream to warn the press gallery of Sto'Vo'Kor that his uncle is coming.
As a final act Hotmail Lawyer witnesses while Mikey signs the nomination form using his uncle's blood. Diane then passes Warmington's leash over to Mikey, signalling that the transfer of power is compete.
Mikey is driven to City Hall by Sandro Lisi and takes his seat in Council Chambers.
At some point there will of course be a vote in Ward 2 but that's a mere formality.

OMG you win UT today

Ford will survive all this and "keep on keepin' on" to torment this city for decades to come. It's just the way it is. The people you think should get some kind of "karmic redress" via illness -- not just for being vile people, but they also tend to play Russian roulette with their health -- somehow they always survive.

I used to think that way about Ford - why hasn't he died of a heart attack? Why hasn't he wrapped his car around a pole while drunk driving? Why hasn't he overdosed on all those drugs? Why hasn't anyone beaten him to death for being such an asshole?

But then he got cancer, and now I sleep soundly each night knowing that his days are numbered. Like really numbered. As in numbered so low there's no Ford in the family who can't count that high.

This cancer has a five year survival rate of 50%. Ten year survival rate of 39%. Odds are even lower for retroperitoneal tumours like Ford has. However optimistic Ford claims his doctors are, this surgery isn't that promising. And even if they do miraculously get it all, it will be coming back again, and again, and again, until he's dead.

In the wake of Rob's death, we'll probably get saddled with Mike for awhile. But he doesn't have any of Ford's newsmaking bombast and "charm", and it won't be long before people forget about poor dead Robbie. And as for political dynasties, the Ford spawn isn't exactly prolific. The only hope is the next generation, and by then Diane will be dead too.

That was great!

I used to think that way about Ford - why hasn't he died of a heart attack? Why hasn't he wrapped his car around a pole while drunk driving? Why hasn't he overdosed on all those drugs? Why hasn't anyone beaten him to death for being such an asshole?

But then he got cancer, and now I sleep soundly each night knowing that his days are numbered. Like really numbered. As in numbered so low there's no Ford in the family who can't count that high.

This cancer has a five year survival rate of 50%. Ten year survival rate of 39%. Odds are even lower for retroperitoneal tumours like Ford has. However optimistic Ford claims his doctors are, this surgery isn't that promising. And even if they do miraculously get it all, it will be coming back again, and again, and again, until he's dead.

In the wake of Rob's death, we'll probably get saddled with Mike for awhile. But he doesn't have any of Ford's newsmaking bombast and "charm", and it won't be long before people forget about poor dead Robbie. And as for political dynasties, the Ford spawn isn't exactly prolific. The only hope is the next generation, and by then Diane will be dead too.

I agree. He can't bribe cancer. He can't beat it in court. It is just there.

I'm still curious about hotmail lawyer going to the hospital with Rob and Doug. Since when do you need a lawyer to be told you need surgery? I thought it was strange that Kathy and hotmail lawyer were there, but not Renata or his mother.

Brilliant! When Rob gets to Sto'Vo'Kor he will be challenged by Lampy the Unforgettable, greatest Toronto populist mayor of the ages who will test Rob's honour and find that he has none.

I'm still curious about hotmail lawyer going to the hospital with Rob and Doug. Since when do you need a lawyer to be told you need surgery? I thought it was strange that Kathy and hotmail lawyer were there, but not Renata or his mother.

Rob is like Draco Malfoy*. He can't go anywhere without his pack.

* Note feeble attempt at cultural relevance. I haven't got a friggin clue what Sto'Vo'Kor is.

Doug Ford's famiglia fundraiser to help defray his election expenses is scheduled for May 14. Robbie's near-brush-with-death-on-the-operating-table (as Joe W has already written it so it shall be) is scheduled for May 11. Unless dates change, Rob is unlikely to be using his gravelly voice to wring dollars out of the Ford guests in person. Unless, that is ... there are three days between May 11 and May 14 ... connect the dots, folks.

Alternatively, do you think the fundraiser was just another Ford canard, invented just to do a bit of Tory bashing and get Doug's mug back in front of the gullible masses? I agree with those who believe the Fords have known that surgery was possible, and that even the date was arranged, well in advance of that media nonsense outside MSH the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back